deleted

I'm slogging my way through it at the moment but it's a chore. I'd like to read about some action rather than the number of times the Wizards re-group on their brromsticks. I'm hoping it'll improve, book 4 got better after 150 pages.

I still think book 2 was the best.

Libby

I bought it for my niece, she read it and now I'm half way through it.

I agree with lenny, it did lack something. For a book that long we didn't really learn anything. Was hoping to find out more about Lily and James. But Harry did do alot of sulking, but then he is 15 so it should have been expected!! LOL

I think maybe JK Rowling is 'paving the way' for the next book. I hope so.

I love these books and could hardly wait for the 5th to come out, so I read it in 2 days. I'm re-reading it again, so picking up alot more this time!!!

Got to say, I love Fred and George!! They always make me chuckle!:tongue:

Well, I bought it, didn't read it but put it away in a box - it's the only First Edition I own so I'm hoping that it might become an heirloom! LOL.

I am a huge Harry Potter fan. I've read all the books 3 or 4 times each and I was really looking forward to book 5. Amazon had my book delivered on the Saturday morning at 7.20am and I had finished it by the following Wednesday. I am now half way through reading it again.

Like lenny l, I enjoyed the book but it was nowhere as good as Prisoner of Azkabam. I thought there was so much left unanswered like how aunt Petunia knew so much about the wizarding world, why Percy hadn't apologised for his actions, and we didn't really find out much about Lily and James.

When I read that JKR had cried at killing off Sirius Black, I didn't feel that the character had been killed off properly (just fallen behind a veil, no body, no funeral ???), I must confess that I shed a tear for the death of Cedric Diggory (as that was a bit of a shock).

Plus that whole chapter on Hagrid finding his brother was - BORING.

Loved the bit about Prof. Lockhart in hospital, still as mad as ever, and Prof. Umbridge was a right cow (brilliant, to find someone that Harry hated more than Snape)

Anyway I can't wait for book 6, and the Prisoner of Azkabam movie.

I rate it 8/10

mandymouse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter