Dear Mr. Iger, lets make a wish list for what you miss or want?

I would really love better ride maintenance. I know Splash in MK is now closed but the condition it was in on its last days was embarrassing, especially for how much it costs to enter the park. Rides constantly going down is still a big issue at the parks.

Spaceship Earth also needed a refurb about 5 years ago. It's very outdated and the camera that takes your photo barely works anymore.

Surprised it hasn't been said yet;
Horizons
Original Figment with Dreamfinder.
Disney Magical Express with baggage service
Original Figment with Dreamfinder! Yes! My mom would stop teh planet from spinning if it meant getting a pic with those two. And we have one I cherish.

I remember when they changed the ride & it was AWFUL. People were coming off the ride looking completely flummoxed. lol

Second benches! Trams at the parks. Hopefully they will realize their senior population still visits.
What do people do who can't keep walking incessantly? We used to take turns sitting out ide the rest rooms while others in our party went in. I hold the bags, you hold the bags, I rest my feet, you rest your feet. It was necessary!

Besides, I would think that they would LIKE to have people who self-select out of crowding the rides for a bit, to take 15-20 minutes to sit in the shade & have a Mickey bar.

Dining plan - I know it's a money maker for Disney, but it was so great for my family. We definitely ate more/felt more adventurous with our menu choices when it was prepaid and "guilt-free."

How about we say everything that has gone away. I can remember when all the perks were available, it was so nice. So I agree with what everyone has posted. I do think it is crazy that they still can't deliver packages for merchandise purchased at the parks.

Last edited:
I would really love better ride maintenance. I know Splash in MK is now closed but the condition it was in on its last days was embarrassing, especially for how much it costs to enter the park. Rides constantly going down is still a big issue at the parks.

Spaceship Earth also needed a refurb about 5 years ago. It's very outdated and the camera that takes your photo barely works anymore.
I love that animation of the future with our faces on it. We should be able to take that home with us on the app… instead of making me record it with my phone camera.

Dining plan - I know it's a money maker for Disney, but it was so great for my family. We definitely ate more/felt more adventurous with our menu choices when it was prepaid and "guilt-free."
When I was a travel agent for one terrible year, I always advised my clients to really think carefully about the dining plan. They would come to me & say, "We want EVERYTHING!!" & then tip over when I presented the quote. Then we'd pick through it -- do you REALLY want to stay at the Grand Floridian? Do you REALLY want to go to the water parks? Etc. The dining plan is for someone who visits the parks in a very specific way & I've had clients & friends who swore by it. I also have friends & clients (& include myself in this group of people) who would go mad if they had to keep stopping for a sit-down meal or had to face another snack because the rest of the party wanted a Mickey bar, or whatever. Different strokes & no one is right or wrong.

No park reservations

Magical Express

Fast Pass ( Genie+ is a money maker, so I doubt they would get rid of it. However, they could lower the prices. I paid $15 for all the rides in August, but I read during the holidays some were $22. Outrageous!

When I was a travel agent for one terrible year, I always advised my clients to really think carefully about the dining plan. They would come to me & say, "We want EVERYTHING!!" & then tip over when I presented the quote. Then we'd pick through it -- do you REALLY want to stay at the Grand Floridian? Do you REALLY want to go to the water parks? Etc. The dining plan is for someone who visits the parks in a very specific way & I've had clients & friends who swore by it. I also have friends & clients (& include myself in this group of people) who would go mad if they had to keep stopping for a sit-down meal or had to face another snack because the rest of the party wanted a Mickey bar, or whatever. Different strokes & no one is right or wrong.

My wife IS a travel agent, so I can relate to this post on so many levels. 🤣

What they really mean is, "We want EVERYTHING, but we want it for the cost of nothing!"

It took me several trips to convince DW that DDP was costing us a lot of money. It's not a comparison between what the items cost and what you pay for DDP for the exact same meal (which is close - you could save with DDP if you normally eat the most expensive items), it's more what sit down meals did you select BECAUSE you have DDP, and would you have been just as happy eating QS, or skipping a meal, or bringing in your own food? That ends up being $100s more than we would have spent. We also went through the budgeting at the end of the trip to be sure that we used all the DDP credits - a lot of people didin't. If you are really in a situation where you HAVE to get a snack, that is the surest sign you would have saved on food by not having that snack without DDP.

My wife IS a travel agent, so I can relate to this post on so many levels. 🤣

What they really mean is, "We want EVERYTHING, but we want it for the cost of nothing!"
I specifically remember of family of 5 adults & 3 kids that all trooped in & landed at my desk. WE WANT EVERYTHING!! (Yeah, no you don't.) But, I priced it out & the leader was furious, like our company or Disney was being insane. Well, WDW isn't cheap, but if you want everything ....

I am looking for an actually travel agent to book a trip -- where is your wife located?

Oh wait, is it TEXAS?? lol

I used to visit a resort in St. Lucia that attracted lots of solo travelers -- they had the loveliest way to manage it every single evening. They had a communal dining table where you could be REQUESTED to be seated. It attracted solo travelers, couples who knew they'd get bored of each other without someone else to talk to, friends traveling together who would likewise get bored of each other [like my friend & me!] There was always a staff member assigned to grease the wheels of conversation, although was rarely needed.

I vote that some of the restaurants have this, but it must be a REQUEST. I was at the teppanyaki restaurant once & the other people at our table were horrified to see us there & literally turned their backs on us. They just didn't want to be seated with strangers. So, yeah, I vote that that there are a few places where they have this table & people can request to be there. It would be great for solo travelers or small parties of people who think that if they spend one more meal together without someone else there to break the monotony they will scream.

The Star Wars firework show at HS along with the dessert party for that show! Along with everything else which has been mentioned!

Lots of great posts so far. I'd love to see rare/past characters for meets. I don't need to see Mickey and Minnie in all 4 parks. In 2019 we loved meeting rare characters at MK.
My DD is 5 and loves Marie. Marie has tons of merch in the parks but doesn't meet. We've only been able to see her in the parade. Please bring a greater variety of characters to the parks, even if they change daily.

I used to visit a resort in St. Lucia that attracted lots of solo travelers -- they had the loveliest way to manage it every single evening. They had a communal dining table where you could be REQUESTED to be seated. It attracted solo travelers, couples who knew they'd get bored of each other without someone else to talk to, friends traveling together who would likewise get bored of each other [like my friend & me!] There was always a staff member assigned to grease the wheels of conversation, although was rarely needed.

I vote that some of the restaurants have this, but it must be a REQUEST. I was at the teppanyaki restaurant once & the other people at our table were horrified to see us there & literally turned their backs on us. They just didn't want to be seated with strangers. So, yeah, I vote that that there are a few places where they have this table & people can request to be there. It would be great for solo travelers or small parties of people who think that if they spend one more meal together without someone else there to break the monotony they will scream.
They called this The Maverick table at some place in my past. I loved the idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter