• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXVIII: Stormin’ The Castle Since 2007!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page 9 Monday ownage.
Finally, all caught up. You all have been busy today. Thanks Randall for the new thread.

Hello Dads. Popped by to say hello. Spent some time with Iron Man 3. Hope y'all are well.

Good to hear from you.

So I thought about what I should say for my 5,000th post. And then Randall came along and nailed his 10,000 earlier today, so the bar was certainly raised. What could I offer that you guys wouldn't expect? And then

Congrats on the milestone.

Thanks Aaron. I'm actually home on Thursday afternoon. What is your opinion on the best resort between WL, AKL and CR? We have only stayed at Polynesian and may try to do a deluxe. I am kind of fond of the monorail resorts. We are booked at POR right now, but have done POR, POFQ and CBR for the last 7 trips.

The Poly discount is only 20%. If you're partial to monorail resorts, and considering those three, I think I actually like Wilderness Lodge the best. The Contemporary does have the one benefit of the ability to walk to the MK (and perhaps more importantly the ability to walk back from the MK). But WL has boat service to the MK, and I think it's a much better-themed resort than the Contemporary. I also think it has better restaurants, and it'll be somewhat less expensive as well.

We may actually do part of our trip at AKL with the room discount. We also love the theming there. And it would just be for the last part of the trip, which inclues our day at Animal Kingdom.

Speaking of Team Sparrow, what is our shirt color?

I ordered both until our fearless leader decides which color to pilfer.:lmao::lmao: Yellow was introduced since it is the color of gold, but black is for our Jolly Roger when we "Raise the Colors!".

I ordered both until our fearless leader decides which color to pilfer.:lmao::lmao: Yellow was introduced since it is the color of gold, but black is for our Jolly Roger when we "Raise the Colors!".

It is James' birthday. That can be his gift - choosing the colors.

Did you have any yet? I'm still working on mine...

Yes but I am keeping it to myself.

But what if the temps are only in the 70's? Do you have alternate, cold weather plan?
:lmao:

Ummmm.... I figured with the heated pools he'll be fine. So long as the parka is sitting pool side for when he comes out. :lmao:

I'd love to see Cj go diving in out lakes.

You do know that you can go to the pool and enjoy yourself and not go into the water. They have these things called pool bars.

When I was a kid they made me go into lakes in the Adirondack's. I was younger then and thought it was fun. Now I am wiser and know better.

Are you sure it was frustrations with classmates and not family?

I'm thinking the 22nd might be a good meet-up in the afternoon / evening. I'm assuming that the dark side won't keep our interest past 4pm or so and then we'll most likely head back to the sunny side of town somewhere.

She hasn't seen me in a while so no she is not mad at me.

That could work. Depending on when you leave the other side we could meet up for a meal or in a park. Open if you have any ideas.

I'll get my itinerary up when we finalize. For now, just know I'm watching.

Thanks, you made my day.

Looks good, except I think you should do the 24 hour day at MK - RD until they kick you out. Added that to my bucket list.

The kid wants to do the whole 24 but I don't even want to go to the MK that day. We will make rope Drop though.

The Poly discount is only 20%. If you're partial to monorail resorts, and considering those three, I think I actually like Wilderness Lodge the best. The Contemporary does have the one benefit of the ability to walk to the MK (and perhaps more importantly the ability to walk back from the MK). But WL has boat service to the MK, and I think it's a much better-themed resort than the Contemporary. I also think it has better restaurants, and it'll be somewhat less expensive as well.

We may actually do part of our trip at AKL with the room discount. We also love the theming there. And it would just be for the last part of the trip, which inclues our day at Animal Kingdom.

Do you know what the discounts are for on each hotel?

CR
WL
AKL

What about the Mods? Are they offering discounts at POR? POFQ?

I'll go in and run some numbers tonight to see what works best. 20% at Poly is not all that enticing. Thanks.

From what I had seen on FB it looked like Team Dolewhip had claimed the gold and Team Beverly the black. I got one of each of those and have not yet declared a side. I guess that would leave red for Team Sparrow. Someone else can jump in and correct me if I got that wrong.

From what I had seen on FB it looked like Team Dolewhip had claimed the gold and Team Beverly the black. I got one of each of those and have not yet declared a side. I guess that would leave red for Team Sparrow. Someone else can jump in and correct me if I got that wrong.

Yes Team Dolewhip went with the Yellow!!!

To me it seems pretty obvious.

Dole Whip = yellow
Beverly = red (logo is blue, red and white)
Sparrow = black (like the pirate flag)

The fact that team Beverly claimed black just kind of baffles me. :lmao: :rotfl2:

The kid wants to do the whole 24 but I don't even want to go to the MK that day. We will make rope Drop though.

And the whining, "c'mon dad", didn't work?

I believe you.

Dole Whip = yellow

The fact that team Beverly claimed black just kind of baffles me. :lmao: :rotfl2:

You are applying rules of logic to this group? What does that say about you? :faint: :lmao:

Did you see a rumor or info that the RO discount will be offered to the public? Did you get a PIN? I am thinking we may go with a different hotel if its a room discount. Maybe a MK view at CR. Hopefully we'll know before ticket prices go up. If no FD, most likely will skip the package and cut down on the sit down ressies. May as well make the most of it. Looks like it will be a couple years before the next trip.

We already have DC at SeaWorld booked. I have a friend at Budwieser that helped us out with that one. I figured DC was basically a pool day other than the dolphin swim which is about an hour from what I heard.

Here is the cut and paste from another thread..

This was the complete post on Mousesavers:

New!Disneys Visa Late Summer Savings Offer

Disneys Visa cardholders can*save up to 30% on Walt Disney World Resort hotel stays, most nights 8/15/13 9/28/13.

Discounts off*rack rates:
5% off -*All-Star Movies, Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savannah view), Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas, Bay Lake Tower, Contemporary (Club Level)

15% off -*Art of Animation (family suites)

20% off All-Star Movies, All-Star Sports, Contemporary (except Club Level), Grand Floridian, Pop Century, Polynesian

25% off -*Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs (standard rooms only), Port Orleans-Riverside

30% off Beach Club, Beach Club Villas, BoardWalk Inn, BoardWalk Villas, Old Key West, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Saratoga Springs, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club

Ft. Wilderness campsites, 3-bedroom villas and Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation Resort are not included in this offer.*As with all Disney promotional discounts, some resorts, room types and date combinations will not be available. Its important to be flexible if you want to book a discounted package.

This is a room only offer, but tickets and dining plans can be added (which will change your booking to a package, subject to*package rules).

This offer is expected to become available to the general public on 5/9/13.

Book by 7/31/13.**A deposit of one nights room and tax using your Disneys Visa card is required at the time of booking.

Alas, we don't have tons of $$ to spare, so it'll look like the POP again...

Dole Whip = yellow

You are applying rules of logic to this group? What does that say about you? :faint: :lmao:

I think the Beverly's took black because it is slimming. :rolleyes1 popcorn::

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Good morning gents!

So glad I found the DIS Boards, and last night, this forum. Just made our first trip as immediate family: DW, DD9 & DS7. Previous trips were with other family. It was within a few hours that I realized we were "one of those families". Had a blast & can't wait for our next trip!

I was very glad to see that I'm not the only Disney obsessed dad out there. I just won a Disney polo on an eBay auction that I will wear with pride on a golf trip in a couple of weeks. It just sucks it's not going to be at Disney! Need to plan to do that sometime.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys a bit more, this forum is great!

tumblr_lvkkleNL661qiol6o.gif

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB! :welcome:

You have been added to the DISDad list!:thumbsup2 Your Member Number is #738!

drippinwelcum.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter