DDC XXVIII: Stormin’ The Castle Since 2007!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Plans (As of Now)

AKL Kidani

5-20
Check-in Relax

5-21
Non Park Day.
Downtown Disney maybe, pool is a definite.

5-22
AM DHS ADR: Brown Derby 1:20
PM Unknown

5-23
AM Unknown
PM EPCOT ADR: Chefs de France 7:20

5-24
AM MK ADR: Plaza Restaurant 11:05
Afternoon rest stop
PM MK (more like early AM the next day if we can get in)

5-25
Non Park Day

5-26
ADR: Kona 9:40 am
Leave

Does the above bring a tear to your eye?

I'll get my itinerary up when we finalize. For now, just know I'm watching.

Did you see a rumor or info that the RO discount will be offered to the public? Did you get a PIN? I am thinking we may go with a different hotel if its a room discount. Maybe a MK view at CR. Hopefully we'll know before ticket prices go up. If no FD, most likely will skip the package and cut down on the sit down ressies. May as well make the most of it. Looks like it will be a couple years before the next trip.

We already have DC at SeaWorld booked. I have a friend at Budwieser that helped us out with that one. I figured DC was basically a pool day other than the dolphin swim which is about an hour from what I heard.

RO discount and free dining discount should open for the public on Thursday. Looks like the best RO discounts are at Beach Club, BoardWalk, Wilderness Lodge, and AKL/Contemporary Standard View rooms. Shoot me a PM if you'd like some more help on this.

So its the 1st monday in may, and the temps in the southland are in the upper 40s... Crazy...

Any way whats shaken besides the bacon???

Hope all are welll just under 3 weeks till some much needed time with my pal mickey! :yay:

So its the 1st monday in may, and the temps in the southland are in the upper 40s... Crazy...

Hope all are welll just under 3 weeks till some much needed time with my pal mickey! :yay:

Holy cow - it's warmer up here in Wisconsin! Beautiful sunny and 64º right now.

High 70s here.

I thought I had posted that about 5 minutes earlier. After I picked myself up off the floor from laughing so hard, I realized I forgot to click "Submit Reply"

It's true. He even puts up with us Drunken Sconnies. :thumbsup2

I'd love to see Cj go diving in out lakes.

Hey, you drunken Sconnies are not the easiest to live next to. Especially the Western Sconnies.

RO discount and free dining discount should open for the public on Thursday. Looks like the best RO discounts are at Beach Club, BoardWalk, Wilderness Lodge, and AKL/Contemporary Standard View rooms. Shoot me a PM if you'd like some more help on this.

Thanks Aaron. I'm actually home on Thursday afternoon. What is your opinion on the best resort between WL, AKL and CR? We have only stayed at Polynesian and may try to do a deluxe. I am kind of fond of the monorail resorts. We are booked at POR right now, but have done POR, POFQ and CBR for the last 7 trips.

Looks like at least the RO discount will happen for our trip. Won't save us as much as the FD would have, but we'll take at least something. DW and I are considering taking a personal day Thursday to get things booked

The way theme park tickets are going, I think we are shying away from Seaworld now, it'll be between $300-400 for what will amount to half a day or so? Might just take the day to relax, and hit DTD instead. Kids would love another pool day too....

Good that you could get that discount. I enjoy the resort days.

Our Plans (As of Now)

AKL Kidani

5-20
Check-in Relax

5-21
Non Park Day.
Downtown Disney maybe, pool is a definite.

5-22
AM DHS ADR: Brown Derby 1:20
PM Unknown

5-23
AM Unknown
PM EPCOT ADR: Chefs de France 7:20

5-24
AM MK ADR: Plaza Restaurant 11:05
Afternoon rest stop
PM MK (more like early AM the next day if we can get in)

5-25
Non Park Day

5-26
ADR: Kona 9:40 am
Leave

Looks good, except I think you should do the 24 hour day at MK - RD until they kick you out. Added that to my bucket list.

Laugh it up, fuzzball!

You stuck-up, scruffy-looking nerf herder!

Yeah, Star Wars quotes.

DW turned the heat on the other night as it dropped below 67 inside the house. I can't believe it is this cold in May.

Good that you could get that discount. I enjoy the resort days.

DW turned the heat on the other night as it dropped below 67 inside the house. I can't believe it is this cold in May.

We refuse to put the heat on after April 15th. We just pile on the blankets and sweatshirts. in the 60's and sunny here. If we could just do something about the wind it would be ideal.:thumbsup2

Thanks Aaron. I'm actually home on Thursday afternoon. What is your opinion on the best resort between WL, AKL and CR? We have only stayed at Polynesian and may try to do a deluxe. I am kind of fond of the monorail resorts. We are booked at POR right now, but have done POR, POFQ and CBR for the last 7 trips.

I'll hijack and go with Poly. That is on the bucket list too. Once they build DVC there after GF, I'll get a stay in.

Not sure why he never gets them.:rolleyes1

Stitch and I have had a talk. I think he's on to the others. He did let the lobsters in.

Being as Norm also lives in central KY, you can probably get them to him without having to send them to his cursed mailbox.

It's not just the mailbox. The carrier sometimes brings the mail at 5:00 PM and sometimes at 1:00 PM. Maybe it's Newman.

Youth sport coaches are on my agenda almost everyday. You have to commend them for volunteering their time but get some education and remember you are not playing for the world championship.

!

Sounds good. I fell asleep at my desk today. Decided to come home before I snored too loud and woke up the others.

We refuse to put the heat on after April 15th. We just pile on the blankets and sweatshirts. in the 60's and sunny here. If we could just do something about the wind it would be ideal.:thumbsup2

I refused to turn on the heat, also. I lost.

we are going to do a split week trip. 3 nights at a WDW resort (not sure yet but leaning towards AKL or WL) and then 3 nights at Tradewinds Island Grand resort in St Pete. So we will get our fix of WDW and still get a few days of beach relaxation. I think this will be good. Nothing like planning last minute though. We'll be in WDW 6/16-6/19 so I think I will get to spend Father's Day at the Magic Kingdom!!

Sounds like a fun trip, especially at MK.

Morning all,
Like the new thread, only been part of the group for a bit and already on two threads.

The used to move a lot faster. The other forums/ sub-forums have helped with that.

The Pirate Princess has your six.
paintballing.jpg

Another flattering picture of your dd. Looks like she's having fun - the most important thing.

Good morning gents!

So glad I found the DIS Boards, and last night, this forum. Just made our first trip as immediate family: DW, DD9 & DS7. Previous trips were with other family. It was within a few hours that I realized we were "one of those families". Had a blast & can't wait for our next trip!

I was very glad to see that I'm not the only Disney obsessed dad out there. I just won a Disney polo on an eBay auction that I will wear with pride on a golf trip in a couple of weeks. It just sucks it's not going to be at Disney! Need to plan to do that sometime.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys a bit more, this forum is great!

Welcome. Dues are payable in dole whips, bacon, beer, or cake. Just send them to me and I will distribute them. Where are you in KY? I'm in Owensboro with DW and two dds (11 & 8). I guess you are allowed to be both a UK and UL fan as our state just rocks in basketball.

Yesterday it hit 70 in the house and we opened the windows.

Warmer there than here. It has rained for two days - ready for the sun.

Second posting of the new thread. But I probably shouldn't count the one I squeezed in on page 1. I'll never see one that early again though so I'll take it. I need something to diffuse the drama around here again. I knew it had been too quiet. Happy Monday Gentlemen!

You may have made the earliest page 1 sneak attack in forum history. Although, I'll leave it to someone else to verify that. Way too much work.

If we're storming the castle, should I grab my gear??

News Headline: Fed kills Charming. It won't look good for the DisDads.

DS lost 3 more baseball games this weekend. We are now 0-17. :mad::headache: The coaches keep favoring the same players. I think it's time to try something new.

DD lost soccer game, but was 3-1 this weekend in hoops.

We had a first communion and a funeral mass as well so this weekend was absolutely crazy.

Busy weekend. Sorry to hear about the baseball thing. I just don't understand why loser parents continue want to live through their children. Hey, the most important thing in your life is the final team score on your 4th grade _____ team. Then, they parent them to be hate filled towards their peers in life. So sad.

Or simply end up at Aloha Isle causing no trouble what so ever.
Yah… on second though, that’s the more likely scenario.
:lmao:

I like this plan. Team Sparrow is with you.

We got a lot done Friday and Saturday. I worked up about 250 acres on Saturday, and Dad got 150 planted before he had to quit a little early. We're about half done with corn. My uncle handles the soybean planting and he apparently has been having some problems. I think we've only got about 100 acres or so in the ground, but Dad and I are a little over half done with corn already. We got some rain yesterday and this morning, but once it dries up, I'm planning to take 2 or 3 days off of work to get it done.

Great pictures and sounds like a lot of work. Hopefully, you will have better weather than last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter