DCL Has Their Protocol Out!!!

The CDC's restricted sailing guidelines were overruled by the federal court yesterday.
Yes, but DCL's announced protocols are in line with what was published. The court cases are nowhere near over, and the international destinations all have their own rules, most of which are pretty similar for the unvaccinated. They want to control their movement and have strong contact tracing, which means restricted disembarkation.

I doubt DCL or other lines using protocols based on the restricted sail guidance are going to change significantly while litigation is ongoing. Most lines are fairly comfortable with the guidance.

I don’t think anyone is doubting that’s the activity on the Magic. The Dream protocols specifically state “Deck parties have been temporarily paused” with no mention (at this time) of anything similar. You have a bit of tunnel-vision insisting the Dream is going to be exactly like the Magic, and much is the same but there are some differences. It’s a larger ship with more passengers, there are always some differences.
I guess that means no sail away party? Yikes! I hope this changes as I was really looking forward to Pirate night show and Star Wars at sea show on our 7 night Fantasy cruise.

Agree! We traveled to Hawaii so had to be tested within 72 hrs of plane departing mainland. Made an appointment with Walgreens for their rapid ID Now test and had results back within 2 hrs. Very easy and for those worried the swab it is the one that only goes in both nostrils and is self administered.
Disney is requiring a PCR test. To get that back same day is very expensive, but they are giving people 5 days.

I guess that means no sail away party? Yikes! I hope this changes as I was really looking forward to Pirate night show and Star Wars at sea show on our 7 night Fantasy cruise.
It doesn't sound like there will be a Pirate Night party. The Disney website said the fireworks will be preceded by Disney songs.

I have a cruise scheduled for March 2022 on the Disney Fantasy and I am intrigued to see what the protocols or guidelines will be for that cruise. I am also hoping that people who will be sailing on the upcoming cruises will post on here or on you tube as I am very excited to see what cruising will be like in the US.

That is not my problem now that there’s a vaccine available. Get vaccinated if you’re worried about catching it and don’t allow anyone who can’t get it yet in the ship. It’s as simple as that.
Amen and hallelujah DLC crazy! I can't help but think: if Disney were being 100% honest that 'the care and safety of their guests is #1 priority', then their actions would reflect this by not allowing unvaccinated folks aboard the ships. I understand their decisions/reasoning, but don't try to say one thing yet do another, and expect me to buy into it. Mama didn't raise no fools! I applaud their actions to keep people safe, but money is really the bottom line. And perhaps it should be, as without it there would be no Disney at all.

Especially when it's against state law.
But it's only against Florida law to ask someone for proof of being vaccinated, period. There are ways around this law. One could sell cabins for $50,000 and then offer a $46,000 discount if you show you've been vaccinated. I would never expect a company to do this, but it does go to show the flaws in the law's effectiveness.

Do you think they will they still offer the pirate menu without pirate night?
Maybe they have something new in the works - I know many repeat cruisers have mentioned pirate night as when the go to Palo or Remy since it is their least favorite menu. Also on the 3 night Dream sailings (which is what is starting first) they don’t serve the pirate night menu.

Do you like the pirate menu? I read frequently that a lot of people don’t like it.
I don’t dress up in costume for pirate night but really enjoyed the fireworks.
Not really and you are correct that many do not care for it. Most opt to go to Palo or Remy for the evening. I'm just curious that if they do end up not offering the pirate fare.... what will they offer in its place?

We as a family agreed no matter what the rules we were getting on the ship regardless. After 1 + year of sitting home, and the countdown clock on the refrig, we are going even if we have to wear a suit of armor.

For us the experience of being a family and not separate Mobile Phone Bubble individuals for a week is what we love, regardless of what ever amenities are available. We will make time for us and enjoy the ocean, beach, food and ship. We will look at this cruise a new experience to be shared.

We have always said that Disney is ridiculously expensive but they are the cream of the crop. When we get on the ship they will make it a great cruise.
My family and I feel the exact same way. I am so excited!

Some people want masks if there will be a large number of unvaccinated
I agree with that POV

Hmm. There’s is a lot of irony in that statement.
I don't see it as ironic, to me it is practical. Yes I am vaccinated which means I don't HAVE to wear a mask. I still choose to. My son is not old enough to get vaccinated yet I want him protected as much as possible. I'd much prefer EVERYONE wear masks including myself than rely on an honor system which nobody adheres to.

Disney is requiring a PCR test. To get that back same day is very expensive, but they are giving people 5 days.

Just because I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else, I thought I'd post this from the Safe Passage site:

"All guests who are not fully vaccinated will complete an approved COVID-19 PCR test prior to arriving at port. The test MUST BE PERFORMED BETWEEN 2-5 DAYS BEFORE your cruise sail date depending on the test option you select.
  1. Test kits may be ordered from Inspire Diagnostics and shipped directly to your home. For this option, COVID-19 test kits must be completed and mailed back to Inspire BETWEEN 4-5 days beforeyou set sail.
    OR
  2. Tests may also be conducted by a local third-party COVID-19 testing provider and test result securely uploaded to this website.
    Please ensure that the test type is a PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction).
    The test must be performed WITHIN 5 day of your sail date and your test result must be uploaded 48 hours before you set sail."

The nuance -which I always think is a fancy word for confusing - is that if you choose to get your own PCR test prior to cruising, you only get 3 days, as the test must be uploaded 48 hours before you go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter