Date and Rate ...............2009

Updated to here

Date: Nov. 25-29
Rate: Avg. $210.35; Super Saver Rate
Room Type: Queen 2-Bed

Royal Pacific Resort

If anyone has ideas on how I can get this rate down, my ears are wide open!

Maria :upsidedow

Edited because I had the average wrong -- It's 203.35 11/25, then switches to 218.35 11/27

I've added your information! :thumbsup2

To try and keep my hijacking score low, lemme start with:

Hey patster! Thanks for keeping this thread. It's helpful in the extreme and I appreciate it.

This may get a night added before all is said and done, but my wife and I will be at RPR from October 7th - 12th. We'll call it a water view king room. Loews gold upgrade applied. $857.70 (3 nights @ $147.68 and 2 nights @
$159.68, plus tax) I took advantage of the instant gold upgrade (sorry patster) because after the changes to the program, what once would make me platinum now meant pretty much nothing so it was my only shot at a more elevated state of spiffy. I hear there may be another change or two in the works, but it still wouldn't help those making one long trip a year.

now then...

Perhaps if you told the school I said it was okay...:cool2:

Just kidding. Education first. Send the boy home early!

Alas though, the daily rate was the same. The super saver discount increases with stay length and it just so happened to be the same total cost to add one more night to the start or end of your trip. Just keep an eye out here though. I don't say too much myself, but I read a lot, and the chattier members here are pretty much geniuses in all things Universal Studios Florida. If a better deal comes out, someone will mention it.

Pax

I've added your info too. And no worries, I'm a gold member too. When I initially booked, we had just 4 in our party so we had a water view, double queen room at RPR. We managed to talk my sister and her husband into going, but instead of going with 2 rooms at RPR, we decided to try a suite at PBH. Unfortunately, there's no gold upgrade from suite.

As for hijacking, the purpose of this thread is to help others find the best deals available, which is what you were doing. So no worries there either! :thumbsup2

Please don't hesitate to post! All opinions are welcome here. Let us get to know you as you are getting to know us! And keep your eyes open when you visit in October, because a few of us will also be there at the same time.

Hi To All

I was wondering if I could pick your brains for best rates.

We have currently booked a holiday for the 2 of us in October to arrive on the 16th, stay for a week at saratoga springs, then spend two nights in universal and finally 6 nights at the beach club villas.
The trouble that I am having is that we are wanting to stay at the portofino bay for the 23 to 25 Oct in a delux room King bed but the only price that I seem to be able to get is direct through Loews at a rate of $374.00 per night excluding tax.:eek: Is this because it is a weekend and the week before Halloween that the rate seems to be so high. I would be grateful for any guidence on weather this would be the best rate or were I should be looking.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi To All

I was wondering if I could pick your brains for best rates.

We have currently booked a holiday for the 2 of us in October to arrive on the 16th, stay for a week at saratoga springs, then spend two nights in universal and finally 6 nights at the beach club villas.
The trouble that I am having is that we are wanting to stay at the portofino bay for the 23 to 25 Oct in a delux room King bed but the only price that I seem to be able to get is direct through Loews at a rate of $374.00 per night excluding tax.:eek: Is this because it is a weekend and the week before Halloween that the rate seems to be so high. I would be grateful for any guidence on weather this would be the best rate or were I should be looking.
Look forward to hearing from you.

That's their seasonal rack rates for that room. Unfortunately, the Super Saver rate doesn't appear to be available for the 23 to 25 of Oct. That's either because those rates are sold out or your stay is too short to qualify. If you can increase your stay to include the 26 Oct so that you check in on the 23 and check out on the 26, the Super Saver rate for that room is $317.90/night. A garden view Super Saver rate is $258.40/night for the 23 to 26 of Oct. Do you own either a Preferred (or Premiere) Annual Pass (PAP) or a AAA membership? The APH rate is $299.00/night for a deluxe king room and $269/night for a smaller bay view king room. The AAA rates are only available by calling 888-464-3617.

So your only options to reduce your rate is to either have a PAP or AAA, or increase you stay by one day and qualify for the Super Saver rate. With the Super Saver rate, if you add an additional day besides the one I mentioned, your daily rate should drop even more as the discount increases according to the # of days you can stay.

Hi Patster

Thank you for your kind advice and sorry for not getting back to you sooner. We have been trying to do the maths all ways but it looks like the cheapest will be the 2 nights at rack rate as we have DVC points that we want to use up so extending the number of nights would not work. Unfortunately we are also not annual pass holders so that did not work and getting annual passes for the short stay would not have been cost effective either. Thanks again for your time and advice and I will let you know what the rate and dates are when we have booked.

UPDATED
now at PBH
Deluxe 2 queen beds rm
Aug 28-30th 2009
w/APH and Loews First upgrade
$189/night:goodvibes

Sue:)

Aug 26-28
Portofino Bay Hotel
$159.00/night Garden view queen room
APH/Loews platinum but no upgrade available at this time but will get all other platinum benefits (woohoo for $100 food and beverage over two nights!!!)

Aug 26-28
Portofino Bay Hotel
APH/Loews platinum but no upgrade available at this time but will get all other platinum benefits (woohoo for $100 food and beverage over two nights!!!)

That's great news. I guess you will get your fill of Sal's pizza and salads.:thumbsup2

Just booked RPR Saturday Oct 3 and leaving Tues Oct 6

I am Loews and AP. They gave me AP rate of $ 204 for Sat and $ 164 for Sun and Mon. Total $ 598.50 after taxes.

I am Loews gold and she upgraded me to waterview for no additional cost. 2 Queens non-smoking.

Loving life and looking forward to coming on down for HHN.

Phil from Pa

I was wondering when Phil from PA was gonna show up........:laughing:

he always books for the hhn event.

missing Phil again this year by 2 days......

i stand in danger of the 3 strikes rule:rolleyes1

jumped on chance to get the AP rate & keep platinum benefits, so another change please...

2 nights, 7/29 & 7/30

RPR

AP rate

$149+ night

:banana:

Try going to the Universal website now for room prices,they made it 10times harder to look at rates..:sad2:

Updated to here!

UPDATED
now at PBH
Deluxe 2 queen beds rm
Aug 28-30th 2009
w/APH and Loews First upgrade
$189/night:goodvibes

Sue:)

Updated!

UPDATED

Aug 17-20

Portofino Suite

$159.00 a night

APH/ loews platinum.

YEAH BABY !! :banana::cool1:

Also Updated!

Aug 26-28
Portofino Bay Hotel

Added!

August 12
HRH
$169 + tax
Standard room/APH rate
:cheer2:

Also Added!

Just booked RPR Saturday Oct 3 and leaving Tues Oct 6

I am Loews and AP. They gave me AP rate of $ 204 for Sat and $ 164 for Sun and Mon. Total $ 598.50 after taxes.

I am Loews gold and she upgraded me to waterview for no additional cost. 2 Queens non-smoking.

Loving life and looking forward to coming on down for HHN.

Phil from Pa

Also Added!

i stand in danger of the 3 strikes rule:rolleyes1

jumped on chance to get the AP rate & keep platinum benefits, so another change please...

2 nights, 7/29 & 7/30

RPR

AP rate

$149+ night

:banana:

Updated too!

Try going to the Universal website now for room prices,they made it 10times harder to look at rates..:sad2:

Thanks for the warning! Its definitely different. I was able to find the APH rate under "Promotion" after trying a couple of incorrect ways. AAA comes up "Promotion Not Available" for my dates.

If you want to update, you can cancel our submission. We cancelled our USF trip and will be doing Disney/DVC only now. We tried to find affordable tickets for several of the folks in our traveling party for 2 days, but it didn't work out. We were hoping for the repeat of the 1/2 tickets for AP holders, but nothing this year, so we'll be skipping USF this summer. Maybe we'll try again next summer. I cancelled my 2 rooms at HRH, so if anyone is trying to get a room, there might be some availability now for that night (Saturday).

August
HRH (2 rooms)
$189 per room ($213 after taxes)
APH
n2mm

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

October
7th-11th
RPR
Standard 2 Queens
Rate Oct 7 - Oct 8 $164.00 Oct 9 - Oct 10 $204.00
Rate Type Annual Passholder Special (Premier)
Gold Not applied all water views booked, they said perhaps something will show up at check in

Laurabearz

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter