Date and Rate ...............2009

This is my last change, I swear......if only cause my ressie is pre-paid and non-refundable.

October
5-12
Sheraton Vistana Villages on I-Drive
1 bedroom condo
$72/night
Hotwire rate

RPR sorry lol BUT................

Thanks!

$72 bucks a night looks really good. :surfweb:

Just remember at RPR:

1. FOTL/Unlimited Express
  2. Easy walk or boat ride between the hotel and Citywalk.
    • Not having to wait for a bus that will hit several other hotels before yours.
    • Not using a taxi cab if the bus sounds inconvenient.
    • Not having to find your car in the parking garage if both the taxi and bus options are undesired.
;)

Thanks!

Just remember at RPR:

1. FOTL/Unlimited Express
  2. Easy walk or boat ride between the hotel and Citywalk.
    • Not having to wait for a bus that will hit several other hotels before yours.
    • Not using a taxi cab if the bus sounds inconvenient.
    • Not having to find your car in the parking garage if both the taxi and bus options are undesired.
;)

Don't remind me. But since this is my last trip fro a few years, I didn't want to have to budget myself too much, so a cheaper hotel was a better option. I know, excuses excuses. :rolleyes1

August 8-15 (7 nights)
Portofino Bay Resort
Parlor Suite
$172.48 plus tax
Rate Type: Length Of Stay
Loews First Upgrade applied? Yes
LF level: Platinum

Awesome rate - we usually stay at Royal Pacific but we are a party of five but RPR suites usually don't hold five.

Lou

Added! Also adding that I'm jealous because I'm paying around $450 a night for a PBH 1-Bedroom Portofino Suite for 6 guests because I'm a lowly Gold member!

Sept 26-30 (4 nights)
RPR
2 Queens Garden View
2 Adult and 2 kids passes
Kids stay and eat free promo
985.50 total

Don't go here very often so not sure if it's a good deal or not. Seemed good with free lunch and dinner for kids and all tickets for that price??

Added! With the passes and meals, it sounds like a good deal! :thumbsup2

October 8, 2009 Thursday
October 11, 2009 Sunday

ANNUAL PASSHOLDER DISCOUNT

Room Type: STANDARD ROOM 2 QUEEN BEDS 335 Sq Ft

Avg Nightly Rate: 190.67

Total Cost Including Taxes: 643.50

Added! :thumbsup2

:banana: Changed my ressie from September at the HRH to August 26-28 at PBH club level, but I didn't know about this perk. Thank you for posting it.

Karen

Added! What's your rate and rate code, if you don't mind me asking?

August 17-20

PBH

Portofino Suite

$219.00 a night

Loews Platinum

Added. Please see my additional notes under Lou's quote above about my jealously towards you Platinum members with your low priced PBH Suites! :rotfl:

This is my last change, I swear......if only cause my ressie is pre-paid and non-refundable.

October
5-12
Sheraton Vistana Villages on I-Drive
1 bedroom condo
$72/night
Hotwire rate

I wasn't going to allow this change because you had already exceeded your allocation of changes. However, as this change will allow you to join the Oct. 9 RIP tour, I will allow it. But be forewarned that future changes will result in disciplinary actions! :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Jul 12
RPR
2 Q garden view
$232 AAA

Added and I have a request: Have a drink for me as that day is my birthday! :goodvibes

Don't remind me. But since this is my last trip fro a few years, I didn't want to have to budget myself too much, so a cheaper hotel was a better option. I know, excuses excuses. :rolleyes1

No problem! We''ve got 6 adults in my group for our October stay and the hotel cost is more than I like. So I've toyed with the idea of staying offsite also.

159.68 a night, 7/30-8/4-RPR standard view. It's with the suberbowl code. :cheer2::cheer2:
However, may I say that Lowes YouFirst is rediculous. I stayed at HRH ONE NIGHT in '08, and am Blue-yet those of you who stay often are up a creek. I don't blame you guys for being angry.

Added, but I have a follow-up question for you. Being Platinum YouFirst member, did you attempt to have your room upgraded from standard view?

I made the reservation online, sometimes those cheap rates don't last.

I called and now I have a king suite. I will have to call back about the food and beverage credit though , the girl I was dealing with said they don't
do that. Said it was up to loews:confused3

I called and now I have a king suite. I will have to call back about the food and beverage credit though , the girl I was dealing with said they don't

hard rock hotel is not participating in the F & B credit.
you have to be staying at rph or pbh to get it on the platinum level.

Date: Aug 30 - Sept 5
Rate: $160.23
Room Type: Garden View King Bed

Portofino Bay Hotel

I hope this is a good rate. We have never stayed in a Universal Hotel. This is a vacation for just DH and Me! (No kids this time! - First week long vacation in many years! - it has been 6 years since we had any week long vacation!)

Updated to here.

159.68 a night, 7/30-8/4-RPR standard view. It's with the suberbowl code. :cheer2::cheer2:
However, may I say that Lowes YouFirst is rediculous. I stayed at HRH ONE NIGHT in '08, and am Blue-yet those of you who stay often are up a creek. I don't blame you guys for being angry.

Added! :thumbsup2

Thanks. I've updated your stay to reflect the King Suite upgrade.

Correction! Updated to here now.

Date: Aug 30 - Sept 5
Rate: $160.23
Room Type: Garden View King Bed

Portofino Bay Hotel

I hope this is a good rate. We have never stayed in a Universal Hotel. This is a vacation for just DH and Me! (No kids this time! - First week long vacation in many years! - it has been 6 years since we had any week long vacation!)

Yes, that's a fantastic rate for the PBH. Congrats! I hope you love it.

hard rock hotel is not participating in the F & B credit.
you have to be staying at rph or pbh to get it on the platinum level.

I am staying at RPR, It took so long for the upgrade,I was just going call back later, I think she was in training and or new. no worries

I am staying at RPR, It took so long for the upgrade,I was just going call back later, I think she was in training and or new. no worries

i'm staying there also this fall.
when i called, they said i could use the F & B credits for rph or pbh only.

you set up charging privileges and the food and beverage charges are removed from your bill that is up to $100 is removed.

show your room key and that's it...

Date: Nov. 25-29
Rate: Avg. $210.35; Super Saver Rate
Room Type: Queen 2-Bed

Royal Pacific Resort

If anyone has ideas on how I can get this rate down, my ears are wide open!

Maria :upsidedow

Edited because I had the average wrong -- It's 203.35 11/25, then switches to 218.35 11/27

Date: Nov. 25-29

If anyone has ideas on how I can get this rate down, my ears are wide open!

Hey Maria :wave2:

I don't know if you noticed this, or you and yours have the time to make it possible, but as of this morning it cost EXACTLY the same amount as your current stay total to add one more day to the end of your trip. No more, no less. I ran the dates both ways...twice.

If that ain't the universe making suggestions, I don't know what is.

Good luck!

Pax

Hey Maria :wave2:

I don't know if you noticed this, or you and yours have the time to make it possible, but as of this morning it cost EXACTLY the same amount as your current stay total to add one more day to the end of your trip. No more, no less. I ran the dates both ways...twice.

If that ain't the universe making suggestions, I don't know what is.

Good luck!

Pax

We can't add a day because DS has to get back to 6th grade. We truly cannot miss one day because these grades (and attendance) count on a test he's taking to get into a different school next year. Sigh. But do you mean the daily rate went down? I wonder if I can get a lower rate if I call? I booked online, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference?

Thanks for checking it out!

To try and keep my hijacking score low, lemme start with:

Hey patster! Thanks for keeping this thread. It's helpful in the extreme and I appreciate it.

This may get a night added before all is said and done, but my wife and I will be at RPR from October 7th - 12th. We'll call it a water view king room. Loews gold upgrade applied. $857.70 (3 nights @ $147.68 and 2 nights @
$159.68, plus tax) I took advantage of the instant gold upgrade (sorry patster) because after the changes to the program, what once would make me platinum now meant pretty much nothing so it was my only shot at a more elevated state of spiffy. I hear there may be another change or two in the works, but it still wouldn't help those making one long trip a year.

now then...

We can't add a day because DS has to get back to 6th grade. We truly cannot miss one day because these grades (and attendance) count on a test he's taking to get into a different school next year. Sigh. But do you mean the daily rate went down? I wonder if I can get a lower rate if I call? I booked online, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference?

Thanks for checking it out!

Perhaps if you told the school I said it was okay...:cool2:

Just kidding. Education first. Send the boy home early!

Alas though, the daily rate was the same. The super saver discount increases with stay length and it just so happened to be the same total cost to add one more night to the start or end of your trip. Just keep an eye out here though. I don't say too much myself, but I read a lot, and the chattier members here are pretty much geniuses in all things Universal Studios Florida. If a better deal comes out, someone will mention it.

Pax

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter