Curious about others thoughts on the "Fairness" of the ADR system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed it is it a good thing! I was hoping for a 'well, maybe I didn't word that right' or something...but sometimes, people tell you all you need to know about them with very few words.

Yeah, that would have been nice. I don't think the PP understands that she can eat whenever she wants to--no one cares about that. I just don't get the, "I couldn't care less about anyone else, I just want to be happy" attitude. That's all. I think making other people happy once in a while, makes me happy---and if everyone had the pp's attitude, what an even worse world we would live in.

I guess if you want to spend your whole trip being nice to other guests, go for it. Personally, my only concern when I am on a $3000 vacation is the enjoyment of myself and the people I am with. Your comparisons don't make a lot of sense to me. I wouldn't pool hop, because I am not paying for whatever pool I might be hopping to (and it just seems annoying to travel to swim at another resort). I wouldn't smoke (if I was a smoker, which I am not, but have traveled with one) in a non-smoking area. I wouldn't line cut because line rules are first come, first serve. The same as the ADR line.

The difference is, you are paying for that pool at your hotel. It is clearly posted that you are not allowed to smoke on the balcony and if it is not posted then it is presumed to be allowed. Line cutting is a weird comparison. I am pretty sure line cutting is not allowed but common sense says first come first serve. Just like ADRs.

If multiple ADRs were such a big problem, Disney would strictly forbid it or require cc deposits (something I would GLADLY pay to end this nonsense).

I have multiple ADRs for my Sept. trip and I have absolutely no intent of cancelling or skipping any of them. They are not for the same restaurants and they are for different times, but several days I have an early lunch and a late lunch and one night I have an early dinner and a late dinner. At least 3 CMs at the dining line have told me they will absolutely not be cancelling my ADRs.

It is ridiculous, IMO, to get all upset about what other people do on vacation. Everyone has the same chance to book whatever they want at 180 days out. If they don't then that's really not anyone's fault but their own for not planning ahead.

Sorry, but on my vacation, I don't honestly care about what other people are doing. I only care about my group's enjoyment and that is my focus and I'm going to book meals in a way that works for us. I guess that makes me a horrible person in the eyes of some but I really do not care. ;)

You know, I really think WDW should go back to allowing walk ups when the ADRs are not there on time like they used to do. This would alleviate most of the problem.

You have an ADR. You show up at your time. If you show up 20 minutes late, an a walk up showed up at your time, you just might have to wait...

I think you might be misunderstanding what I mean when I refer to making multiple ADRs - I am referring to when someone for example makes an 4:00ADR at Tony's in MK and also makes a 5:00 ADR for Coral Reef at Epcot because they can't decide what they want or which park they'll be at. I am not referring to someone who wants an early lunch AND a late lunch.

And no, it doesn't UPSET me - I'm not going to lose any sleep over what someone else does but personally I do think it's inconsiderate and I made the comparison to other inconsiderate behaviors that have been posted many times on the boards. I don't spend a whole lot of time worrying about what other people do, whether they're on vacation or not, but I will post my opinion which is all that this is, my opinion.

And yes, I do like to spend my vacation trying to be considerate of others. I like to spend my time back home being that way too. It tends to make life a little more pleasant for me, my family and the rest of the people who share the planet with me. I think you get back what you give in life. JMO :)

I knew the multiple ADR people were out there :lmao:

Lemme give you a scenario. You got a little 4 year old with her parents on her first trip to Disney World. She's thrilled. She's in the Parks and she sees Tigger and Friends at the Crystal Palace. Oh Mommy can I please go there!! Please Can we each Lunch there. Even though her mom might have researched and made ADRs at other places .. She would love to make her daughters trip a little more magical by making a Lunch ADR with Tigger at the last minute.

But guess what..She can't. She called and they have no reservations available for the 4 days they are there..Because you called at 180 days and made an ADR for your customary 3rd lunch that day that I'd be willing to bet the $3K I spent on my vaca you are going to decide your not hungry. Two table service meals within two hours is a bit hard to swallow. (pun intended)

To each their own attitudes/every man for themselves aren't very nice.

And yes, I do like to spend my vacation trying to be considerate of others. I like to spend my time back home being that way too. It tends to make life a little more pleasant for me, my family and the rest of the people who share the planet with me. I think you get back what you give in life. JMO :)

Absolutely! We are all modeling behavior for our children. I for one want my daughters to grow up knowing how important it is to be considerate of others.

You shouldn't have to make rules just to make people think of others for goodness sake. "I won't cut lines, because its a rule" wow! Thank goodness for those rules or we would all be in trouble :rotfl2:

So if I cancel one of my ADRs because I get sick or decide I am not hungry, they won't allow someone else to take it? I always thought cancelled ADRs opened back up to the public? :confused3

The entire ADR system is just incredibly weird and confusing to me. I've been to WDW over 30 times over the years and never even considered making an ADR until I started lurking on these boards for my upcoming trip. Never got turned away from anywhere either making ressies the same morning. I never cared for character meals but maybe those are different? IDK. I always made same days with no problems but apparently it's gotten way more difficult since last year.

If Disney allowed a percentage of tables for walk ups, or only held ADRs for so long after they were scheduled before giving them over to walk ups, then the kid who wanted to see Tigger would probably be able to.

I bolded that because I do truly think something like "we will hold your ADR for 15 minutes" or "we will allow 5%-10% for walk ups" would alleviate a lot of the problems, across the board.

At any rate, I fully plan on hitting every ADR I made. The amazing food is half the reason I go to WDW. :thumbsup2

I'm so laughing at this right now. My 4 year old tries the old 'let me try to keep the focus on the thing you keep telling me was fine' routine, too. :rotfl:

I thikn WDw also does good job of asking new folks about makingADr's. It was my assupmption that if you call and pick new guest on the phone tree, you get a CM who tells you how it is a bit. I've been many times, so I don't get those CM's. I think if Disney CM's tell you you should mkae ADR's, and ask every time you call if you need them, and you don't make them then you deserve what you get.

I do think thye chould allow a few walk ups though....at just about every dining place. not the pre-park opening ADRs at CP - but there are always folks getting tunred down at CP - they should hold a few slots open.

I think part of the issue is that people who have been a bunch of times don't get those CMs. That's a really good point. If you have been a bunch of times, but not in the last year, you probably don't know you HAVE to make ADR now. I didn't.

Also, a lot of people book online and never talk to a CM.

I think Disney should really make it clear to people if they want a certain ADR they need to call and book it 180 days out.

There seems to be some issues on this thread... people following people and making snide remarks resulting in sarcastic replies all against Dis guidelines.

Now I can go in and delete and give you points for doing that, but I think that after 6 pages, you are not going to change each other's minds on whether or not you are think the ADR system is fair at WDW...

So seeing that this is veering in the direction of people fighting... I am locking this thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter