Cruise Stateroom Number/Hotel Room Door Mickey Art

jtanddolly

DIS Veteran
Here is a link to a thread on the DIS Cruise Boards made by "idrivealumina" that inspired me to try to make a few of my own:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2172891

Here is a picture that "idrivealumina" posted of their work so you will have an idea of what to do with these:

Sorcerer.jpg

There are a few that I have posted here that I got from "idrivealumina" like the Sourcerer Mickey Hat and the Pirate Mickey Hat. Check out the thread above as the DISigner has a lot of wonderful hats like a GREAT captain's hat, party hats and graduation hats that I don't have. Unfortunately, that thread does not personalize hats but I would be happy to personalize mine with a family name, birthday name or prince/princess name, etc.

Before you print...please read the following: I have not been on a cruise yet to try these out but I have read on several DIS threads that the stateroom number porthole on Disney Cruise Line cabin doors is 7.5 inches round. So I designed all of these to fit perfectly on the round room number. If you try these...let me know if they are a fit or if the room number is a different size.

How to print:

• First open up a new document in Word.
• Then go to the top of Word and left click on "File". In the drop down menu left click on "Page Setup".
 Make sure you are in the "Margins" tab and set all of the margins to "0"
 Next you will see a pop-up box that says "One or more margins is outside of the printable area of the page...." Left click on the "ignore" button.
• Now your word document is ready!

The first image in this thread that you will want to make is the "Mickey Ears" so that you can add them to the “number porthole” on your door and turn it into a “Mickey Head”.

• Once you find the image you want to print, left click on the image in this thread and copy the image. DO NOT USE THE "SAVE AS" ROUTE TO SAVE THESE IMAGES DIRECTLY FROM THIS THREAD INTO YOUR "MY PICTURES". FOR SOME REASON WHEN YOU SAVE THEM FROM THIS THREAD IT WILL TAKE OUT THE EXTRA WHITE SPACE AND THAT WILL CAUSE THE PICTURES TO DISTORT!!!!. Or you can save them to your photo editor by copying the "FULL SIZE" image (not the thumbnail) from my photobucket account:
http://s415.photobucket.com/albums/pp232/jtanddolly/Porthole Decorations/
• Then go back to your word document and paste the picture into word.
• Next left click on the image to make sure it is highlighted and go up to the top of Word and click on "format" then in the drop down menu click on "picture".
 When the box pops up...click on the size tab and make sure that the width is set to 8.5 inches...if it isn't the correct size, make the width 8.5 inches and click okay. (The height will automatically correct itself)
 Now the image should be ready to print on either 8.5x11 inch cardstock or magnetic paper.
 Once it is printed, you will need to cut it out by trimming along the outside edge of the picture.
 The edges are a little bit pixilated in some of the images like the pirate hat, but don't worry, you can trim them off when you are cutting out the image. Just make sure where the hat attaches to the head you cut along the line as closely to the arch as possible so that will fit correctly.

• Next, I added a porthole that is the perfect size...if you want to see what the images will look like on your door…print out the porthole and check it with a ruler to make sure that it is 7.5 inches across at the widest point. Then try all of the hats that you make by placing them on your “porthole” to make sure that they will fit correctly when you get to the ship. Or you can make the circle so that you will have a "Mickey Head" for your hotel or resort room door.
• Just to be on the safe side in case the “porthole” on your cabin door is not 7.5 inches …like all of the threads on the DISboard say…take a pair of scissors so that you can trim your images if needed.
• If you didn't print on magnetic paper, it is recommended to laminate both sides and add a magnet so it will stick to the ship door. If you want to save a few dollars one DISer recommended using contact paper.
• You have to use magnets on the Disney Cruise Line because you are not allowed to tape anything to the doors on the ship as it removes paint.

I hope all of this makes sense and they work perfectly on your cabin/hotel room door.

Here are the Mickey Ears that you will need to add to your porthole door number to put the hats on top of. If you don't have a lot of time or ink you can just print these to liven up your door:
PHMickeyEars.jpg

Here is the porthole at 7.5 inches for you to print and try our all of your ears and hats on:
PH75Inches.jpg

Minnie Mouse bow:
PHMinnieBow.jpg

Mickey Sourcerer Hat...one of idrivealumina's great DISigns:
PHSorcererHat.jpg

Pirate Hat...a great one to decorate your door for the pirate party! Another one of idrivealumina's great DISigns:
PHPirateHat.jpg

Sailor Cap...I found this on www.disney-stationary.com and that person found it on our boards but didn't give credit to the DISigner. If someone knows who it belongs to, I would be happy to give credit where credit is due:
PHSailorHat.jpg

King Crown:
PHKingCrown.jpg

Princess Crowns and Hats:
PHPrincessCrown.jpg

This would be super cute if you added tulle or ribbons coming out of the top to make it 3-D!
PHPrincessHat2.jpg

Prince:
PHPrinceCrown.jpg

Birthday...I will work on more..but you could add names and wording in the dots:
PHB-day1.jpg

PHB-day2.jpg

Holidays:

New Years:
PHNewYear1.jpg

PHNewYear2.jpg

St. Patricks Day:

PHStPatricksHat2.jpg

Easter:
PHRabbitEars2.jpg

4th of July:
PH4thofJuly2.jpg

Mardi Gras or Halloween:
PHCourtJester.jpg

Thanksgiving:
PHPilgrimsHat.jpg

PHIndianHeaddress.jpg

Christmas:
PHSantahat.jpg

Artist Beret:
PHArtistBeret.jpg

Chef Hat:
PHChefHat.jpg

Cowboy Hat:
PHCowboyHat.jpg

I will add more hats as I come up with them. If you have any ideas let me know. I am trying to figure out a bride and groom, but I tried a black top hat and it was too dark against the Mickey ears so I'm looking for a white top hat. For the bride I'm looking for a good veil but haven't had any luck. I know "idrivealumina" is working on it as well and maybe will have better luck.

If I can personalize something or you are having problems getting the images to print the correct size, just let me know. Have fun cruising...I can't wait to go! If only there was a Disney Cruise out of Houston...I would get to go sooner.

Here is a link to all of them in my photobucket account: http://s415.photobucket.com/albums/pp232/jtanddolly/Porthole Decorations/

I am so grateful you have taken the guess work out of printing the fun hats and the ears! Now, I will definitely print more hats and change them out. We are sailing the week before Halloween, 2010. I think it will be fun for Mickey/Minnie to have differnt looks.

The only other hat I can think of is maybe a captains hat. I am working on my fish extender and was thinking of what hats others have used. The talented DISigners have tweaked mickey heads with a few different styles of pirate hats. The bride and groom hats are going to be adorable. Oh, maybe something that says first cruise or dvc member. Christms santa hat and beard on the bottom of the circle? Just the tiara? Mulan like hair tied up with a red ribbon (samarai mickey)? Is there away to maybe have a lei and hibiscus of the ear? (Wow the gray matter is working now :rolleyes1) Ahh haa, you from Texas! Where is the cowboy/cowgirl hat? Sombrero? Beret? (I was thinking about the different DCL ports of call in Europe/Mexico/Mediterranean.) Wow Dolly, did you ever open a can of worms. Chef's hat? Naturally, having ears, earring would be cute. Then there is always favorite sports team ballcaps. (Go Sox!) That is a thread in itself!

Ok, I could be here all night. We are celebrating our youngest daughter's 3rd birthday while on the cruise. Her name is Sophia, our little princess. OH! a halo! Ok, back to Sophia. When you have a moment, would you please put her name on the bday hat? Color and font is your choice.

Thank you Dolly. This was fun! :banana:

(Last one I swear.) Sorry for Mickey but, for some, it is not about the mouse. I know this thread is about Mickey, but I just wanted to put the idea on the table. I think Goofy ears and hat would make for one good lookin' door. :dumbo:

I am so grateful you have taken the guess work out of printing the fun hats and the ears! Now, I will definitely print more hats and change them out. We are sailing the week before Halloween, 2010. I think it will be fun for Mickey/Minnie to have differnt looks.

The only other hat I can think of is maybe a captains hat. I am working on my fish extender and was thinking of what hats others have used. The talented DISigners have tweaked mickey heads with a few different styles of pirate hats. The bride and groom hats are going to be adorable. Oh, maybe something that says first cruise or dvc member. Christms santa hat and beard on the bottom of the circle? Just the tiara? Mulan like hair tied up with a red ribbon (samarai mickey)? Is there away to maybe have a lei and hibiscus of the ear? (Wow the gray matter is working now :rolleyes1) Ahh haa, you from Texas! Where is the cowboy/cowgirl hat? Sombrero? Beret? (I was thinking about the different DCL ports of call in Europe/Mexico/Mediterranean.) Wow Dolly, did you ever open a can of worms. Chef's hat? Naturally, having ears, earring would be cute. Then there is always favorite sports team ballcaps. (Go Sox!) That is a thread in itself!

Ok, I could be here all night. We are celebrating our youngest daughter's 3rd birthday while on the cruise. Her name is Sophia, our little princess. OH! a halo! Ok, back to Sophia. When you have a moment, would you please put her name on the bday hat? Color and font is your choice.

Thank you Dolly. This was fun! :banana:

Beret, Santa Hat and Chef Hat done!

Make sure you take a pair of scissors to trim the hats just in case the porthole is not 7.5 inches like I have seen on the boards.

B-day1Sophia.jpg

B-daySophiacopy.jpg

Hi Dolly
I was wondering if you could
personalize this one with "Princess Hannah" for me?

Great idea and love the Hats Hon!

Hugs Mel

:grouphug:

Thanks so much...that is a GREAT compliment coming from you. I love your cruise artwork!!! Here you go. You have such great skills if you want to edit the original in any way...feel free. I'm just praying that the door numbers are exactly 7.5 inches like the other threads say...take some scissors just in case they are a different size.

PrincessHannahcopy.jpg

Beret, Santa Hat and Chef Hat done!

I'm working on a b-day hat for Sophia. Make sure you take a pair of scissors to trim the hats just in case the porthole is not 7.5 inches like I have seen on the boards.

I can't wait to see them. Thank you for the scissor advice. I guess I will back a little fold up pair in my suit case. I read on the fish extender thread I will need a pair to cut the cable tie from the fish. Scissors are on my packing list!

Thank you for doing a hat for Sophia! I know she will love it.
Sandy

A Few New Hats:

Pirate Hat...don't worry about the jagged edges...you will trim those off:
PHHat2copy.jpg

Indian Jones Hat:
PHIndianJonesHat.jpg

Winter Stocking Hat:
PHWinterHat.jpg

PHPropellerBeanie.jpg

I posted all the new hats in the first thread and the b-day hat two threads above this one. If she has colors that she loves...let me know and I can change the colors. Let me know how everything fits when you get back from your trip. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that 7.5 inches is correct!

Sorry, I missed the new hats. I think I need another cup of coffee! I just went straight to the bottom of the thread without looking. Newbie here. Sophia is such a girly girl. She is 1 1/2 now and will be 3 on the cruise. She has (too much)play jewelry (courtesy of her grandmothers) and just puts it ALL on! Up her leg, down her arm and whatever will stay in her hair.

The hat is adorable. I really like the bright colors you used. I am sure the hats will be fine. I will take pictures!

Thanks Dolly!! :banana:

Thanks so much...that is a GREAT compliment coming from you. I love your cruise artwork!!! Here you go. You have such great skills if you want to edit the original in any way...feel free. I'm just praying that the door numbers are exactly 7.5 inches like the other threads say...take some scissors just in case they are a different size.

PrincessHannahcopy.jpg

Hi Dolly
It is beautiful!
Thanks so much for doing this for me.
My grandaughter(I only have one and a long wait after having three sons,,lol) is going on her first trip to Disney with me next year,we are staying at OKW. She will be 5yrs old by the trip date.
I am making everything for our door in the "Princess Hannah" Theme.princess:
I'm going to add a few gem stones ,tulle,and ribbons after I laminate the DISign.I'm going to ask Natalie for a few Star DISigns with Hannah's name on them and tie ribbons to the stars. I have made a few Mickey head balloons and plan on adding some ribbons to them. I want this to be a truly special magical trip for her.Thanks for helping me do that.

Hugs Mel

Sorry, I missed the new hats. I think I need another cup of coffee! I just went straight to the bottom of the thread without looking. Newbie here. Sophia is such a girly girl. She is 1 1/2 now and will be 3 on the cruise. She has (too much)play jewelry (courtesy of her grandmothers) and just puts it ALL on! Up her leg, down her arm and whatever will stay in her hair.

The hat is adorable. I really like the bright colors you used. I am sure the hats will be fine. I will take pictures!

Thanks Dolly!! :banana:

I made a few corrections to printing instructions...make sure you read them in the first post before you print your hats and ears. If you print directly from photoshop the images won't be the correct size (which doesn't make any sense to me as I formated them all to 8.5 by 11 inches!!!) Also when you go to cut and paste from photoshop, even though your margins are set to "0" it doesn't past the image to the correct width of 8.5 so you will need to change the picture size width to 8.5 inches. Anyways...it's all explained above.

These are so cute. Can I get 2 of the birthday ones with the pink on the hat. One that says Happy 16th Birthday Isabella and the other to say Happy Birthday Livie? Can I also get the crowns that say Princess Isabella and Princess Olivia?

Thanks so much.

These are so cute. Can I get 2 of the birthday ones with the pink on the hat. One that says Happy 16th Birthday Isabella and the other to say Happy Birthday Livie? Can I also get the crowns that say Princess Isabella and Princess Olivia?

Thanks so much.

I wasn't sure which princess hat you wanted...so here you go. If you are making these for a cruise...make sure you follow all the directions so they will come out the right size. But I recommend printing the "porthole", using a ruler to make sure it printed 7.5 inches and then trying all of your hats on it. Just in case the porthole isn't 7.5 inches...take a pair of scissors to trim your hats.

B-dayLivie.jpg

B-day1Isabella.jpg

PrincessCrownIsabella.jpg

PrincessCrownOlivia.jpg

PrincessIsabella.jpg

PrincessOlivia.jpg

Something fun we do in EPCOT is take pictures of the girls with hats on from each country (World Showcase). Dolly, the new additions are great! :yay:

Could you please do 2 birthday hats for me with the names Izabella and Abby for our trip in Sept. Thank you so much

Could you please do 2 birthday hats for me with the names Izabella and Abby for our trip in Sept. Thank you so much

Here you go...tell me how they fit or even better take and post a picture. Just to be on the safe side though take a pair of scissors just in case the porthole door number isn't 7.5 inches like the DISBoards say.

B-dayAbby.jpg

B-dayIzabella.jpg

I wasn't sure which princess hat you wanted...so here you go. If you are making these for a cruise...make sure you follow all the directions so they will come out the right size. But I recommend printing the "porthole", using a ruler to make sure it printed 7.5 inches and then trying all of your hats on it. Just in case the porthole isn't 7.5 inches...take a pair of scissors to trim your hats.

B-dayLivie.jpg

B-day1Isabella.jpg

PrincessCrownIsabella.jpg

PrincessCrownOlivia.jpg

PrincessIsabella.jpg

PrincessOlivia.jpg

Thank you. These are perfect.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter