Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you- Part 2

No. It says "You can only VIEW this document. You must be logged into a Google account to request edit access from the owner"

I added some people who requested access, but the document should be open for everyone to open and edit!! Sorry if it's not, but I can't keep adding people so let me know if it's not working properly!!

Ohhhhhhhh If you don't have a Google acct you may not be able to access it!! Check and see if you have an acct through your cell phone, i know with Verizon I had to have a google email address/acct to use my smart phone!

Can you explain smoothie hour? I see it on navigators... is it extra cost and what kind of smoothies do they have??
there is a smoothie bar in the vibe that those kids always have access to. Normally they are extra cost, but during smoothie hour they are free. Sometimes they will bring the Edge kids over too. I am not sure on the kinds, but I would imagine it is similar to what you can get at the snack bar outside the theater.

Can you explain smoothie hour? I see it on navigators... is it extra cost and what kind of smoothies do they have??
During smoothie hour, the smoothies are free. "Smoothie" is taken loosely, as it is from a bottle/carton, not a fancy as Smoothies from Frozone (the upcharge smoothie bar). Depending on the ship and staff, free milkshakes/smoothies may be available outside outside of smoothie hour, but not guaranteed.

My oldest was in Edge on our last cruise and they had a "visit" to Vibe on a couple of our days and had smoothies. My DS thought it was the coolest thing! :drinking1
does she remember what kind of smoothies they were? The important things! Thanks!

does she remember what kind of smoothies they were? The important things! Thanks!

Raspberry and Caramel?? I will ask my DD when she gets home for other flavors. To me, they resembled more of a milkshake than my version of a smoothie (yogurt, fruit, ice). The ones I saw had whipped cream on top and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.

Raspberry and Caramel?? I will ask my DD when she gets home for other flavors. To me, they resembled more of a milkshake than my version of a smoothie (yogurt, fruit, ice). The ones I saw had whipped cream on top and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
oh that sounds right up the kid's alley. he likes smoothies in theory but if they have seeds and any trace of what they are made of, not so much. He has really enjoyed a tropical fruit one at school but it was perfectly smooth. if they are more like milkshakes sounds worth it to make sure he gets in on the action!

They come from a carton, so its a very smooth base with ice. I remember strawberry-chocolate, raspberry and maybe something with banana? Its not really a come and stay type of thing as much as within this time they have a couple flavor options, will throw it in the blender and pour it into 6 oz. cups for teens to grab. Depending on the ship they may be available outside of the designated time (Disney claims for a fee, I've never heard of that, but ymmv) along with soda and coffee/donuts in the morning.

I have received may requests for the document I posted some years ago and I have been adding people as I get them, though I may miss some. If you requested access and have not heard from me in a week or so please do not be shy about asking again. I've been busy and haven't gotten many chances but I want to make sure it's shared.

Also, I am sharing this so others can make changes, additions and remove things that are no longer available. Please fell free to amend the document, but please be careful, someone accidentally deleted the entire document so I had to go back and recover the document from awhile ago!!

Thanks!! :disrocks:

Here's the link again for those who have Google Docs ---> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a_u0v5Px0j7t-3javhWYb81JsuD1zw56YWI3me9fxFs/edit

They come from a carton, so its a very smooth base with ice. I remember strawberry-chocolate, raspberry and maybe something with banana? Its not really a come and stay type of thing as much as within this time they have a couple flavor options, will throw it in the blender and pour it into 6 oz. cups for teens to grab. Depending on the ship they may be available outside of the designated time (Disney claims for a fee, I've never heard of that, but ymmv) along with soda and coffee/donuts in the morning.

thanks for the info. Sounds up the kid's alley

now that I have booked my first cruise, I went through this thread again and have written down so many useful tips. Anyone got any more to add?

Thank you @rescuetink for the information. Just found this post and really enjoyed the information. Learned something - actually a whole'latta things - even after 8 cruises. Family cruise coming up. I now have lots to share.

If you order them in a lounge, at the theaters, or from a poolside server, or Room Service, yes there's a charge.

If you order them at dinner, no charge.

My experience.

Hmmm, I may just try one of those next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter