Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is 35%, they stated so to investors during the earnings call.

And I concur, it’s too many. Sounds crazy there! 90 mins for Pirates?!! Yikes!! Maybe it will quiet down tonight since they’re open until 10pm?
When the Little Mermaid and The Tomorrowland Speedway are both at 60 mins wait you know there is too many people here. Luckily we are just here to walk around and get some miles so not really effecting us but I feel bad for someone whose only MK day is today.

When the Little Mermaid and The Tomorrowland Speedway are both at 60 mins wait you know there is too many people here. Luckily we are just here to walk around and get some miles so not really effecting us but I feel bad for someone whose only MK day is today.
60 mins for little mermaid wasn’t super uncommon pre-pandemic

FWIW: The vast majority of these wait times right now are substantially lower than they would have been a year ago on this same day. The only difference is the "feel" of socially distanced lines and the absence of FastPass to avoid a few of the lines.

(EDIT: And I'm not discounting how much of an impact that "feel" can have on your day... but it's important to keep facts in mind here, and the fact is, the actual wait times are way down. Example: 7DMT at 85 mins now vs. 180 mins last year.)

This isn't the same day since this data was from the Saturday of President's Day weekend last year... but 2pm on Sat last year - check these out:
What are Wait Times Like During the President's Day Holiday? - KennythePirate.com

Last edited:
Just got prompted to do a survey on MDE. One of the questions is about taking off your mask for photos!!! I so hope this becomes a reality soon!!!!
View attachment 556607

this would be an incredible compromise and something that would make a lot of people very happy.
For those uncomfortable with this idea, looks like they can just avoid these area

I was excited to hear Chapek say that if Fauci's comment about most Americans being vaccinated by April proves true that it "would be a game changer". I have said it on several other threads that the numbers are there to support the 66% of adults who say they would get vaccinated to have their shots by end of April. Vaccine distribution is really ramping up now and soon, fingers crossed, the J&J vaccine will be approved for emergency use. As I said before, if the vaccine rates continue as predicted, then I would bet that by April Disney starts announcing changes to get the parks back to somewhat normal operations. They will want to make the announcement as soon as prudent to get the summer bookings to come in.

Why would anyone expect short lines on a federal holiday, pandemic or not? Wait times were long like this over the Christmas break too.
Prepandemic, we've navigated Christmas Eve at MK better than any park on any day during President's week. We did a trip that week in 2018 and hands down, the busiest we'd ever experienced. I swore I'd never go to WDW that week ever again.

That being said....lol. What does anyone think the odds of MK being extended on Thursday night this week? Turns out I'm going to be in town in a few days and might pop in one of the parks that day.

I'm here now on my 3rd pandemic trip (the others being July and August). There is definitely an extremely noticeable increase in crowd levels ( expected for a holiday weekend). We haven't done many rides, but came to the parks for the atmosphere and to shop at the festival of the arts. For us, it has still been a great trip even without a rides focus. We've found it to be really relaxing kind of taking things as we go and not worrying about what we ride. This would not be a good time for us if we wanted a long park days trip.

We did AK this morning and the safari line went to the festival of the lion King theater, as did the flight of passage line in the opposite direction. River journey line reached Tiffins. As regular visitors, we don't feel a need to wait in those lines but I definitely understand the pressure people who only come annually/less would feel to get everything done and why many of them are frustrated. Gorilla falls trail was closed this morning too which pushed more people out into the main areas. I won't lie, the crowds have kind of looked like a mess this weekend but you can also tell that it is an organized chaos. They thought through where to put all the people in these massive lines so that they don't just obstruct everything.

This has been a great weekend for shopping, dining, and people watching, but definitely not what you want if you desired a rides-focused trip.

The days of early pandemic empty main areas are definitely gone ;) I'm so glad I was able to experience that quiet period, because boy does this make me miss fastpass!

It is nice to take a trip that forces you to stop and smell the roses though. We talked about even doing a trip similar to this again because it is so great having no agenda. I'm laying out at the pool right now and will head back to the room when I feel like it. Besides a Sanaa reservation tonight, I have no firm plans and it is kind of great!

Last edited:
Guess you missed Pirates hitting triple digits earlier. Splash is currently listed at 115... yikes.

Sure, but now Mine Train is down to 60. They seem to be ebbing and flowing.

Don’t get me wrong - we are not going until the covid situation is better and I would not be comfortable in any way with today’s crowds. I just don’t think they are that unexpected for a federal holiday considering how crowded the parks were and how long waits were at the holidays. Today can one of the busiest of the year, so it’s not weird that it’s on par with what the holiday crowds were 6 or 7 weeks ago.

Guess you missed Pirates hitting triple digits earlier. Splash is currently listed at 115... yikes.

I mean splash wasn't even open last year on President's day so that's an improvement.

A majority of the attractions last president's day had average wait times near or above the hour mark, and that's with everything being open and available. Space and 7DM averaged over 2 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter