Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked up Garden Grill and Crystal Palace breakfast pricing and they are identical at $42, so CP could totally get away with going family style.
I prefer family style with DS. We don’t want to miss any character interactions with DS b/c one of us is at the buffet. And since DS doesn’t last long in restaurants, family style is quicker too.

Yeah, characters are going to be problematic, especially since you will have to explain to a child why they can't actually interact with the character.
I think only if kids have been to that particular restaurant before. But if they do a show of some type that’s more easily explained.

I think only if kids have been to that particular restaurant before. But if they do a show of some type that’s more easily explained.
True, but at least for my daughters, they seem to know, especially since quarantine has resulted in more WDW videos watched on Youtube. LOL

They shouldn't have to, but by reopening during a pandemic they have a duty to keep guests safe. If people are acting in a way that is dangerous to others, then WDW has an obligation to correct that.
What could be problematic is guests thinking they should be policing other guests. I’ve seen that happen before. Lectures to strangers about how they should or shouldn’t be acting. So awkward. That could cause issues.

Just convert buffets to be like cafeteria lines with spacing, problem solved , yes a few more CMs but doable.
I don't think Buffet's will be back for awhile and it all has to do with the food. Sanitation will be a huge deal going forward. Leaving food sitting out for hours on end doesn't scream sanitary to me.

What could be problematic is guests thinking they should be policing other guests. I’ve seen that happen before. Lectures to strangers about how they should or shouldn’t be acting. So awkward. That could cause issues.

Yeah, this might be part of the new "normal" and not just at Disney. When "people's lives are at sake", even minor transgressions cannot be overlooked.

I think everyone wearing magic band is smart for Disney business and tracing purposes. I remember the first time I received a magic pass photo without knowing one was taken (Buzz Lightyear) and thinking of the possibilities for what they can do with it and it is quite a lot. I can believe the no uber or Lyft rumor because Disney can't really control that part of the bubble, where if only personal vehicles and Disney transportation, Disney is able to control and track what is happening in the Disney 'bubble'.

If you weren't worried about food sanitation prior to March 15th absolutely no reason to worry about that now.

I'm confused by this comment? Obviously, nobody wants to get sick from any sort of shared common spaces (which buffets are most certainly), but with a dangerous virus with a high rate of transmissibility going around, people would understandably be more cautious or concerned about the tongs, pans, utensils and other tools they'd be sharing with other patrons to obtain the food as well as the physical layout of the process of obtaining food (i.e. how much space is between you and other patrons). If these locations remain "serve yourself," people also can understandably be worried about an asymptomatic child touching the food or tongs . This definitely happens at Disney. Just ask a buffet chef. For very, very serious food allergies, chefs ask guests if they can just prepare the food individually for that guest, because of this exact concern over cross-contamination (a kid taking the tongs from a cheese-dressed salad and using them to grab other nearby cheese-free food for example).

As far as I can tell, nobody is raising concerns with food quality but rather the means of obtaining the food. Buffets as they traditionally operate can be problematic in that sense.

Last edited:
I'm confused by this comment? Obviously, nobody wants to get sick from any sort of shared common spaces (which buffets are most certainly), but with a dangerous virus with a high rate of transmissibility going around, people would understandably be more cautious or concerned about the tongs, pans, utensils and other tools they'd be sharing with other patrons to obtain the food as well as the physical layout of the process of obtaining food (i.e. how much space is between you and other patrons). If these locations remain "serve yourself," people also can understandably be worried about an asymptomatic child touching the food or tongs . This definitely happens at Disney. Just ask a buffet chef. For very, very serious food allergies, chefs ask guests if they can just prepare the food individually for that guest, because of this exact concern (a kid taking the tongs from a cheese-dressed salad and using them to grab other nearby cheese-free food).

As far as I can tell, nobody is raising concerns with food quality but rather the means of obtaining the food. Buffets as they traditionally operate can be problematic in that sense.
I think the post he was responding to was talking about the food quality of a buffet. Food sitting around for a long time certainly is reason to not want to go to a buffet, but not necessarily because of corona.

But yeah, there are plenty of reasons a buffet is problematic if we're concerned about the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter