Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does your neighbor work for a Starbucks located on WDW property? I’m curious, when DS opens, why wouldn’t at least the Starbucks location there open. And also - people want their coffee! If onsite Starbucks aren’t open, WDW needs to step up their coffee game in a BIG way!::yes::
We were there the weekend it closed in March. While most of Disney Springs was still open, Starbucks was closed already. Thinking they must operate differently than the rest of the places in DS.

New York is still holding their Macy’s 4th of July fireworks. Granted, it’s not a scenario where you can’t help but have thousands of people in a small space, but fireworks and 4th of July just go hand in hand. I could see something like your idea where park guests are asked to leave and the fireworks occur afterwards. It’s a big money production for no in park guests, but I think Disney would do it.
New York sloowwwllyy starting to talk about reopening. Construction and manufacturing first. Then other businesses slowly if things go well.

Except nothing will reopen that would attract a non-local crowd. If Florida does something similar, Disney world would be the last place to open.

(I know most people here don’t think Florida will do anything similarly to New York)

To clarify: the reason I keep bringing up this Starbucks thing is because if licensees are being told to plan for at least 1yr closure, that doesn't bode well for the parks to be open any time soon. I can only imagine that the other third party restaurant operators in the parks and DS are probably being told the same.

**My own opinion**: I dont think we'll see any of these "special operations" in effect. My hunch is that there will be no WDW until there's a vaccine, or reliable treatment protocol.

This is why I truly believe it will be family style. Items will be limited to a set buffet themed menu (think salmon, pork, mealie pap, vegetables, bread, salad at Boma). Keep people seated. Even going through a line to get food, while spaced apart, creates log jams. Less CMs you're in contact with as well. One server, maybe a hostess for family style. Where in a buffet they'd need 10 different CMs back there to be serving food.

Family style wouldn't work for the Buffet's with large menu's. You could easily have culinary CM's serving food in different stations.

They'll definitely have to reduce the prices then. Especially in the larger character buffets.
Assuming they still have the characters, I imagine they would see no reason to lower the prices. While there is some variation, the prices for character dining are relatively uniform throughout property and seem to derive so much of their "value" from the characters, not the food.

Also, let's not forget all that "free dining" that's going to be redeemed. Disney wants people to think they're getting value from that.

"
Which is an incredibly naive viewpoint to have as less than 15 states have any kind of vaccine enforcement and less than 50% of Americans receive annual vaccines like the flu shot, which this would be an annual vaccine. Disney ain't staying closed until a vaccine with zero enforcement and a crapshot at working (because there are multiple strains) POSSIBLY hits the market. That's some crazy talk.
"Or a reliable treatment protocol". I'm sure I am being naive as you said, but I just don't see Disney wanting to continue risking public health, nor do any of the concessions/operational plans sound remotely fun.

Assuming they still have the characters, I imagine they would see no reason to lower the prices. While there is some variation, the prices for character dining are relatively uniform throughout property and seem to derive so much of their "value" from the characters, not the food.

Also, let's not forget all that "free dining" that's going to be redeemed. Disney wants people to think they're getting value from that.

True, but will the character interactions be the same? Doubtful, at least for a while.

I just can't see them coming up to tables, hugging, taking multiple pictures, etc, at least not for a while. If Disney opens up as soon as a lot of people here want, it will be with some pretty strong restrictions.
Yeah, characters are going to be problematic, especially since you will have to explain to a child why they can't actually interact with the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter