Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
How will Disney sell merchandise in Disney Springs ? The virus sticks to everything, will we need to use glows and face masks ?

Are we the only state with cub foods (grocery) home depot and target Wal-Mart open?

Not sure how a wdw store is any different. Maybe work on spacing etc like these stores do kinda.

In the past, when the parks start to get close to reaching capacity, there are different levels that start to get denied admission. APs are on a certain level. On property resort guests are on a level, off property resort guests are on another level, etc, etc, etc... What I would expect is the capacity thresholds for these levels are going to be lowered quite a bit for the foreseeable future. And that's likely how they will limit the people in the parks at any one time.

It used to be we saw these thresholds hit during Christmas time or during Star Wars events. But we may see them hit quite often now.

Think there is other problems. We people want to fly, being in a plane for hours. or Magic Express., Disney buss ?

if you do spend the time and money and risk , you must be sure you are going to get into the parks

I honestly don't know what "Ahead of the curve" means exactly.

My assumption is that they already have social distancing procedures in place to re-open the parks. Going to get real interesting when Disney goes public with that info.
That's what I am thinking too. I am wondering if its taking so long is now they have to work on canceling or having to get people to move their trips again. Especially if the rumored measures are put in place.

That's what I am thinking too. I am wondering if its taking so long is now they have to work on canceling or having to get people to move their trips again. Especially if the rumored measures are put in place.

ugh. All those poor people! I can't imagine having a trip planned, knowing the park is open but having to cancel because it's locals only.

I get why, but what a disappointment.

It means his constituents want things to open ASAP so he's going to bend facts to make it happen :)
It's pretty clear what was meant if one just reads the article:

“It’s amazing the ideas that the businesses are already thinking about. They’ve been thinking deeply about this for weeks and weeks… there’s a lot of great ideas that I’ve already seen put on the table. I’m in discussions with places like Disney. They are so far ahead of the curve, and I think everyone wants to make sure we do it safely.

It's pretty clear what was meant if one just reads the article:

“It’s amazing the ideas that the businesses are already thinking about. They’ve been thinking deeply about this for weeks and weeks… there’s a lot of great ideas that I’ve already seen put on the table. I’m in discussions with places like Disney. They are so far ahead of the curve, and I think everyone wants to make sure we do it safely.

Flattening the curve can mean so many things but glad you sorted it out for us all.

I honestly don't know what "Ahead of the curve" means exactly.

My assumption is that they already have social distancing procedures in place to re-open the parks. Going to get real interesting when Disney goes public with that info.

Agreed. When I listened to it, I took it as Disney has already been working on their own procedures well ahead of Florida and federal guidelines. 'They got this' :)

I just can’t see the parks being even appealing to go to until after the phase when face masks are mandatory. Maybe if I lived in Orlando, I’d be ok with that just to go and support the parks. But I’d be hard pressed to spend the money for a dream vacation just to sweat behind an uncomfortable mask the whole time. No matter how cute Disney might try to merchandise them, I can’t imagine many people want a family photo in front of the castle where you can’t see anyone’s face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter