Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this has been posted a gazillion times but... Did anyone successfully register for AP preview in portal but NOT receive email confirmation?

See, I always thought Frozen was a big hit on Broadway, but apparently it wasnt doing very well attendance wise. So that one might have been canned regardless, the shutdowns just made it happen quicker

Frozen was doing quite poorly compared to Aladdin before it closed. They blitzed local tv here in NYC with ads, which is always a bad sign imo. Typically you only see that when a show first goes into previews/debuts/has a major cast change (like a celeb stepping into a lead role) or during Tony season to capitalize on a nomination or win. Otherwise it’s just trying badly to get people in seats. They were desperate to sell tickets cause I remember watching local news getting ready in the morning and no word of a lie it would be 2 or 3 times every commercial break. They were also discounted heavily on the different Broadway ticket sites.

Frozen was doing quite poorly compared to Aladdin before it closed. They blitzed local tv here in NYC with ads, which is always a bad sign imo. Typically you only see that when a show first goes into previews/debuts/has a major cast change (like a celeb stepping into a lead role) or during Tony season to capitalize on a nomination or win. Otherwise it’s just trying badly to get people in seats. They were desperate to sell tickets cause I remember watching local news getting ready in the morning and no word of a lie it would be 2 or 3 times every commercial break. They were also discounted heavily on the different Broadway ticket sites.
Yeah, this is what I had been seeing as well. Plus with Hercules and a possible Beauty and the Beast revival, one of the Disney shows was bound to close anyway. And it was by far the worst performing of the shows. It may not have closed as soon as it did if there wasn’t the shut down, but I don’t think it would have continued into 2021 regardless.

And completely agree on the commercials in the local NY area. For most of the other Disney shows you would see a couple commercials here and there, and they wouldn’t show actual clips of the show until it had been out for 3-4 years. Frozen was inundating the local channels with commercials showing clips from the production within 6 months of opening. Little Mermaid was the same way when that was on Broadway.

Had our April dining cancelled, but no Disney dining email. Hopefully I can still reserve for my Aug 6 trip...
My August dining was canceled by Disney and no email. I don't seem to be on the privileged list of those who actually receive communications about their trips. 🤷‍♀️

Beginning June 30, eligible Guests with experience reservations previously cancelled due to the closure can call (407) 939-6690 to make reservations for available offerings. Eligible Disney Vacation Club Members can call Member Services at (800) 800-9800 for reservations.
During this initial window, Guests can check availability for the following experiences:
Magic Kingdom Park:
Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels:

YAY DROID DEPOT!

I just got this email too.

Also, didn't Disney say you would have to have a valid ticket + park pass reservation to make in-park ADRs or did I dream that?

Answered my own question. This is on the page for each in-park table service restaurant.

An Important Message
In addition to a confirmed dining reservation, in-park dining at table-service restaurants requires a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date for each person in your party ages 3 and up. Dining reservations do not guarantee admission to the park. Learn more about dining options during the phased reopening of Walt Disney World Resort.

Ok, with the dining, if we are travelling on October 10th, then we would be able to book our dining August 10th, is that correct?

Beginning June 30, eligible Guests with experience reservations previously cancelled due to the closure can call (407) 939-6690 to make reservations for available offerings. Eligible Disney Vacation Club Members can call Member Services at (800) 800-9800 for reservations.
During this initial window, Guests can check availability for the following experiences:
Magic Kingdom Park:
Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels:

YAY DROID DEPOT!

Hmmm we had a light saber reservation, i wonder if that being cancelled means I can call and get a droid res instead for my kiddo?

I'm sure this has been posted a gazillion times but... Did anyone successfully register for AP preview in portal but NOT receive email confirmation?
I am in the same boat-
I accidentally closed out my window on my phone before screenshot. I have no email and nothing on MDE.

So, I was the one who did the registration, but somehow my wife got a confirmation email while I did not.

Ok, with the dining, if we are travelling on October 10th, then we would be able to book our dining August 10th, is that correct?

It appears they are beginning to open up ADRs again, so I would say yes, but your 60 day window, it should be available...unless the advance days given to those who had reservations are part of that.

I
It appears they are beginning to open up ADRs again, so I would say yes, but your 60 day window, it should be available...unless the advance days given to those who had reservations are part of that.
I had reservations but I thought it was only thru September 2nd that you could reserve starting tomorrow. Am I reading that right??

We bought our tix thru TDF, which is usually a telltale sign that a show needs to fill seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter