CRT breakfast - how long and good for adults?

gingerfeathers

DIS Veteran
Backstory: When I was 5 (first time I went to WDW), I was SO excited about getting to go inside Cinderella's castle and exploring. That was what I was most looking forward to. Boy was I disappointed when I realized I could only go through the tunnel!

Now, 20 years later, soon-to-be-DH and I are going to WDW for our honeymoon! On a whim to satisfy that personal desire to see part of the castle (hey, I'm not putting any money on being selected for the night in the suite! :rotfl2: ), I called to see if any ADRs were available for the CRT breakfast, and sure enough, there was one at 9:00 on the day we leave for DCL (we're doing 4 nights on land/3 nights at sea).

So my questions are this:
1. Will we be able to be back at the Poly set and ready to go by noon-ish, when we need to be in the lobby for the bus to take us to the cruise terminal? Or would I be better off cancelling and hoping for another day?

2. Obviously, this is a very popular experience for families with children. Will the two of us enjoy it? Or is it just not worth the money?

A side note: Because we're not planning on eating a TON, as of right now we've determined that the DDP does not make financial sense for us. So I've shelled out about $80 for this breakfast.

If your reservation is at 9:00 a.m., that should give you time to have a nice breakfast there and be back to your room in time for the bus.
it is nice to see the interior and the dining room is really pretty, make sure you let them know you are on your honeymoon.

While I haven't done CRT yet, I have ressies with my adult sister in November. Our story is similar to yours, as in we were disappointed as kids to not be able to go in the castle. This is a meal we've always wanted to do, so we're doing it! Go for it! I'm sure you'll have a great time. My sister and I are trying to make this the trip we hit everything we wanted to as kids, but were unable to for one reason or another. :goodvibes

Congratulations on your marriage! :flower3:

Backstory: When I was 5 (first time I went to WDW), I was SO excited about getting to go inside Cinderella's castle and exploring. That was what I was most looking forward to. Boy was I disappointed when I realized I could only go through the tunnel!

Now, 20 years later, soon-to-be-DH and I are going to WDW for our honeymoon! On a whim to satisfy that personal desire to see part of the castle (hey, I'm not putting any money on being selected for the night in the suite! :rotfl2: ), I called to see if any ADRs were available for the CRT breakfast, and sure enough, there was one at 9:00 on the day we leave for DCL (we're doing 4 nights on land/3 nights at sea).

So my questions are this:
1. Will we be able to be back at the Poly set and ready to go by noon-ish, when we need to be in the lobby for the bus to take us to the cruise terminal? Or would I be better off cancelling and hoping for another day?

2. Obviously, this is a very popular experience for families with children. Will the two of us enjoy it? Or is it just not worth the money?

A side note: Because we're not planning on eating a TON, as of right now we've determined that the DDP does not make financial sense for us. So I've shelled out about $80 for this breakfast.

Congrats! On your up coming wedding :thumbsup2
Honstly I have cruised the Wonder (AWESOME!) a couple of times and been to the Castle. Although It's a beautiful idea to have breakfast at the Castle I don't I would do it. When I go to Disney I am usually in overdrive and I have a car always with me and still I wouldn't do it. I think it's a lot to do and make it back and ready to go to the ship. Not that it can't be done cause it can. I like getting to the ship by 10. To get to all the paper work out of the way also like to be early. Sometimes they let you on early. Last cruise we were on by 10:45. I would do it when you come back it will be more relaxing in my opinion.
HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP! :cool1:

I would not do CRT as an adult unless I had a thing for princesses.

The food is apparently mediocre at best and it's going to be hectic with many, many children trying to meet the princesses.

If you're OK with the meal just being about the experience of eating in the castle with princesses, you should be fine.

We had a 10:10 breakfast at CRT and were back out in Fantasyland by 11:20. I should say that at least 30 minutes of that time was waiting down in the lobby for pictures to be taken. Not sure if that's the norm, but Cindy didn't come out for about 20 minutes so there was a big back-up of people waiting.

Personally, if I were going just the two of us I'd opt for dinner or even lunch on another day of your trip. I found the breakfast experience to be a little crazed and almost a tinge stressful during the waiting (lots of fussy little ones, adults pushed up against each other because they kept asking us to move in closer). I've heard lunch and dinner aren't as bad.

I would go...but then again, I want to try every restaurant on property. DH and I also honeymooned at WDW, but we already had a child. We also only had 3 days at the parks, so even though we were on the dining plan, we wanted to use all single table service meals. If I were you, I would definitely go. I think even if all the other parties have children, you will still have fun and enjoy it. You have to take it for what it is, though....a meal in the castle, not a fine dining meal.

have you tried for Dinner time ressies?

Because there won't be as many little princesses at dinner.
I think that it is more romantic at night and more gear for adults.

If you have wanted to visit the castle then do so. My views are biased a bit because I have a young daughter that loves princesses, but I enjoyed eating there. (We have had lunch there a couple of times.) I don't think it is chaotic or loud at all compared to other character, and some non-character, restaurants. There are four characters roaming a relatively small dining area so tables are usually occupied with visits or eating. You should have no problem being back at the Poly by noonish.

Don't forget to ask for your wand and congratulations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter