Courthouse Ceremony

Chris&Jeremy

Mouseketeer
We looked into doing a Disney ceremony but were up to over $10k and hadn't even fed anyone yet! Instead we were now just looking into just going to the courthouse in Osceola county (just off property) and getting our license and do a ceremony with the clerk. We'd then just turn our trip into our honeymoon. ;)

Does anyone have any experience with doing at courthouse ceremony in Osceola county?

We looked into doing a Disney ceremony but were up to over $10k and hadn't even fed anyone yet! Instead we were now just looking into just going to the courthouse in Osceola county (just off property) and getting our license and do a ceremony with the clerk. We'd then just turn our trip into our honeymoon. ;)

Does anyone have any experience with doing at courthouse ceremony in Osceola county?
Did you end up going this option? We are doing this option in December. Marriage license and ceremony on same day which is no problem for us being from Australia.

Another option would be have a JP do your vows on a disney resort property. There are plenty of beautiful spots out of view that wouldn`t bring unwanted attention from cast members. ie the bridge between pop century and AoA or lakeside at saratoga springs... etc.

Another option would be have a JP do your vows on a disney resort property. There are plenty of beautiful spots out of view that wouldn`t bring unwanted attention from cast members. ie the bridge between pop century and AoA or lakeside at saratoga springs... etc.

1) Yep.
2) Or, have a wedding on-the-beach at the nearby Lake Louisa State Park.

My husband and I wanted to have a Disney wedding, however not only were we on a budget, but it was a fast up-and-coming ceremony since he is active duty military and we were going to get married for me to move to his duty station. We planned our wedding in about three months, and we chose to elope!

My mother (who is a notary in the state of Florida) married us in our Animal Kingdom Lodge room overlooking the savannah. Because it was just four of us (myself, my husband, my mother who married us and step-father who was our photographer) in the room and was a very small and intimate ceremony, we were able to be married standing with the doors open and the savannah and deck in the background. Not only was it a very memorable experience (we will forever remember our room number and AKL will always hold that special place in our hearts), but it allowed for a Disney wedding without the several thousand dollar price tag along with it.

Just because you're planning a courthouse style wedding doesn't mean it can't be just as exciting, beautiful, or memorable!

1) Why go to a cold and impersonal courthouse?
2) There are MANY minsters willing to do a ceremony elsewhere - AND at a reasonable (read: CHEAP) price.
. . . you can still invite your guests to attend
. . . in my opinion, it doesn't lessen or "cheapen" the event
3) I have done such at state parks, lakes, etc, and the people loved it.
. . . marriages
. . . vow renewals
4) Afterward, you can do WDW as a honeymoon event.
5) You can also decide whether to eat on-site or off-site for the guests

1) Why go to a cold and impersonal courthouse?

That may be your opinion.. but its not the opinion of those who choose this option.

Kissimmee courthouse is a beautiful building in my opinion.

2) There are MANY minsters willing to do a ceremony elsewhere - AND at a reasonable (read: CHEAP) price.
. . . you can still invite your guests to attend
. . . in my opinion, it doesn't lessen or "cheapen" the event

I'm sure there are..if the brides and grooms wanted this option they would seek their services.

As for "cheapening" the event again your opinion.. its their wedding to plan and they obviously dont have your opinion.

Everyone has a different ideas for what will make their wedding perfect for them and a lot of thought goes into where and how someone choses to get married.

In relation to guests.. Its not always about impressing/pleasing other people.. sometimes its about the couples wishes and the fact that they are together, in love and becoming husband and wife is enough.

3) I have done such at state parks, lakes, etc, and the people loved it.
. . . marriages
. . . vow renewals

Good for you..I am sure those couples are as happy as we are with our choices.

4) Afterward, you can do WDW as a honeymoon event.
5) You can also decide whether to eat on-site or off-site for the guests

Those who choose a courthouse wedding also have this option.

At the end of the day it is their wedding to do as they please and whatever they chose to do will be what makes them happy and officially become husband and wife.

If someone doesn't agree with their choices.. oh well..it doesn't matter...
I dont think they were invited anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter