Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

I'm struggling with this question, we had re-booked for May 2021 after ours was canceled. The problem is I don't even know what I'm purchasing anymore. What will the new protocols be? What will be allowed / open? I want to hold out due to the discount I have secured but paying in full in December for an unknown experience is nagging at me.
There’s absolutely no way I’m paying in full in December and potentially losing our $1800 deposit if I don’t have an idea of the restrictions. Absolutely no way.

I'm struggling with this question, we had re-booked for May 2021 after ours was canceled. The problem is I don't even know what I'm purchasing anymore. What will the new protocols be? What will be allowed / open? I want to hold out due to the discount I have secured but paying in full in December for an unknown experience is nagging at me.

We have a river cruise booked for May 2021 (booked back in January before we had any idea the extent to which this would change our lives). I am not buying airfare until I see the path forward taking shape and feel like we'll really be able to enter the EU. Heck I have a "backup" DCL cruise booked for next November now and its the same thing - I am NOT buying airfare or PIF until I am certain things are "back" to a (new) normal. There is no way I'd personally be OK with another nonrefundable vacation right now without knowing what I am paying for - we've already lost too much money in 2020.

We have a river cruise booked for May 2021 (booked back in January before we had any idea the extent to which this would change our lives). I am not buying airfare until I see the path forward taking shape and feel like we'll really be able to enter the EU. Heck I have a "backup" DCL cruise booked for next November now and its the same thing - I am NOT buying airfare or PIF until I am certain things are "back" to a (new) normal. There is no way I'd personally be OK with another nonrefundable vacation right now without knowing what I am paying for - we've already lost too much money in 2020.
I assume no on this, but has Disney decided to be more flexible at all with those coming into the PIF window? It makes no sense to me why they won't shorten that time frame given the circumstances. I'd be happy to wait and see if I wasn't going to potentially lose all my funds months before.

We have a January one booked because I thought that might actually go. Do I cancel now and move the money to the November cruise we booked? There’s my quandary. I too am not sure anything is going to leave anytime soon

So how long before DCL 'officially' cancels the October cruises and sends out the emails? I can't remember how long it was between the last voluntary CLIA suspension and DCL notifying customers.

The last CLIA ban, DCL announced cancelation same day. The CDC ban, DCL announced cancelation 3 days later. Last time there was a CLIA ban, DCL was in on it and knew just before the ban was announced to go to their website and remove the bookable cruises that would occur during the ban. This CLIA ban announcement, DCL still had their bookable cruises up, so they may have been caught off guard. For this reason, I do not think DCL will make their official announcement same day like they did the last CLIA ban. They may need to get their phone help and other stuff prepped for the flood of re-bookings that's coming.

We have a January one booked because I thought that might actually go. Do I cancel now and move the money to the November cruise we booked? There’s my quandary. I too am not sure anything is going to leave anytime soon

Wait for them to cancel. They may offer the 125% if they cancel, why leave money on the table? You already have your Nov cruise locked in, so no hurry. Unless you feel it may actually go out and you're not comfortable with the uncertain times and that the experience may be diminished due to the possible Covid restrictions.

Any chance that Disney will cancel the 2 cruises leaving from San Diego with this announcement?

Did they ever cancel more than what CDC, CLIA demanded?
Did they cancel more cruises than the ones removed from online booking?

Both San Diego cruises are still bookable online, but there is no way the Wonder will cross Panama Canal just for those 2 cruises.
I'm sure those won't cruise, but I would still like confirmation as soon as possible.

We plan to cancel our January cruise before PIF. Even if the cruise goes DCL hasn't provided any information about what the cruise experience will look like. I am not giving DCL anymore money until they provide these details.

We plan to cancel our January cruise before PIF. Even if the cruise goes DCL hasn't provided any information about what the cruise experience will look like. I am not giving DCL anymore money until they provide these details.
To be fair, I don't think they know. CDC guidelines are a work in progress and they will have a lot of influence.

Did they ever cancel more than what CDC, CLIA demanded?

No, they will hold onto whatever cruises aren't covered like their lives depend on it. There was a CDC ban until 10/01 and a CLIA ban until 11/01 but to this day they still have not cancelled my 3 night Dream cruse on 10/02. A cruise that goes to dry dock right after that, so there's no way it would have been crewed and stocked just for one 3 night cruise. They've known this for months but refuse to cancel the cruise, not cool.

Did they cancel more cruises than the ones removed from online booking?

It's actually the opposite. They will take cruises down from the website but not cancel them. My 10/02 cruise was removed from the website 2 bans ago but to this day it still has not been officially cancelled.

It's actually the opposite. They will take cruises down from the website but not cancel them. My 10/02 cruise was removed from the website 2 bans ago but to this day it still has not been officially cancelled.

Ohh no, that's bad news. They now removed more cruises, so I was hoping to get an email soon.

Ohh no, that's bad news. They now removed more cruises, so I was hoping to get an email soon.
We don't know how far ahead they will cancel. Earlier this summer, prospects for the resumption of cruising looked a lot rosier than they do now. So it's understandable that they were reluctant to cancel too much at that time. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if they did cancellations into November, particularly for the Wonder's west coast departures, even though the CLIA ban only lasts until the end of October.

Yes, all November cruises have been removed. The questions now are will they be cancelled, and if so, when?

Hard to say. Our Oct cruise has been removed from the DCL website since early June and still hasn't been cancelled. There's been 2 rounds of cancellations since then and each time I think "this is it" but nope. C'mon DCL, do the right thing already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter