Connections and sharing meals

perd

DIS Veteran
I asked I think on the restaurant board about using wishes from a Discovery Magic passes for meals and then instead of using a wish for each of us, using maybe three wishes and the five us sharing the meal. I was told by someone that the wishes are for one person and are not to be shared.

Okay, so I was wondering about the Connections $29.50 vouchers. What if I bought some of them, and used three vouchers and the five of us shared the meal? My kids are 15, 14 and 12, and the 15 and 14-year-old don't eat much. I'm sure three meals including appetizers and dessert would be plenty for our family, but I want to make sure that is allowed before I by the vouchers. Someone suggested just ordering an appetizer or something for the others not using a voucher, but really I don't want to have to do that if we can share the meals.

Does anyone know? I already plan to share the food we buy with the quick and casual vouchers, which I'm sure won't be a problem - how would they know you shared anyway once you bought it - and why would they care?

Why would we not be able to share with the $29.50 vouchers? I really don't understand why they wouldn't let you share using wishes - you are allowed to order certain items; who cares if three people eat the food or if five people eat it?

My DH and I have shared EVERY Connections voucher we've used and never had any problem (you couldn't do this, of course, at the buffets). The amount of food that one voucher purchases is too much for us, individually.

Once we even got more than our money's worth. At Brown Derby, my DH used a voucher for a sit-down lunch meal while I just ordered an appetizer. We then split all of that. When the bill came, the waiter told us that he just included the second appetizer in with the voucher. We paid nothing extra for it! We did leave him an extra tip, however. Of course, this experience may be unusual.

Good luck.

Took

Took, thanks so much! I just can't see using five vouchers or buying extra food we don't need. Usually when we go out we forego the appetizer and dessert and get plenty full, so I know with the appetizer and dessert three meals are going to be plenty!

Now, where are some good places to use those $29.50 vouchers? Already decided on Rainforest Cafe for one. We would like to try Sci-Fi but that is listed under the $29.50 vouchers, not quick and casual, and I just can't see how you would spend $30 a meal for burgers, etc!

You have just got to go to LeCellier, their food is the best & it offers an excellent voucher savings. Also you might just want to check Alfredo's, I remember it as being a good value & the food is good...

I have never heard of Connections vouchers. Could you explain them to me please? Where do you get them? Thanks!!!

:wave:

Hi Perd and Everyone, We ordered 2 $29.50 Lunch Vouchers for Le Cellier and Teppanyaki.
My hubby and I plan to split both meals.
The kids can order from the kids menu
(didn't buy vouchers for them) also bought 1 $11.00 "Quick & Casual" voucher
to use at Beachers and cream...Must try that "Kitchen Sink"
and then we bought 4 $17.50 "Breakfast Feature" vouchers for us for the 2
Character Breakfasts we will be doing. Again, did not buy any vouchers
for the kids. Hey every saving adds up so we can have more $$
for the Disney stores:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter