Drones
Nations
IP/Characters covering the show
"Wow" factor
Different pacing
Sort of like TDS Fantasmic
Illuminations ends September 30th, 2019
Skymosphere is a name Disney trade marked
IP "North, South, East, and West" North points to Future World (possibly guardians), South points to America, East to Frozen/Norway, West to Rat/UK.
Nighttime at Epcot won't be the same
Changeover will be overnight
Drones mimicking objects (snowflakes during frozen portion)

Last edited:
Drones mimicking objects (snowflakes during frozen portion

The irony is not lost on me that Disney used Congress to pass into law a No Fly Zone [TFR (Temporary Flight Restriction)] and now they needed FAA approval for a waiver.

None the less I am very much looking forward to seeing what they and Intel can do.

The irony is not lost on me that Disney used Congress to pass into law a No Fly Zone [TFR (Temporary Flight Restriction)] and now they needed FAA approval for a waiver.

None the less I am very much looking forward to seeing what they and Intel can do.

Isn't World Showcase Lagoon outside of that No Fly Zone? I would hope so because I was in a chopper over it not too long ago, but then again the pilot was a bit of a looney.

Isn't World Showcase Lagoon outside of that No Fly Zone? I would hope so because I was in a chopper over it not too long ago.
The edge of the park is outside the TFR but the lagoon is not.

The red area is the TFR. (Used ForeFlight to get the Google Map with the TFR)

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Yes, buddy of mine booked us a room already for the last (rumored) day... I think we might have a Disney problem lol

Rumored aspects of new Illuminations show
IP "North, South, East, and West" North points to Future World (possibly guardians), South points to America, East to Frozen/Norway, West to Rat/UK.

Not gonna lie. I'm not digging that.

I guess that nixes any hopes of upgrades to the fountain systems then.

Not gonna lie. I'm not digging that.

I guess that nixes any hopes of upgrades to the fountain systems then.
The entire lagoon will be getting upgrades. The upgrades will take time but the show change will happen over night.

Sad to see it go, but it could be an upgrade for the better. Planning at trip at the end of September 2019 so we are hoping to catch one of the last Illumination shows.

I’m sad this is finishing. I love it so much and it’s hard so soon after Wishes has finished, although I realise that by the time Illuminations ends it will be two years since Wishes had ended.

I completely understand that things have to change but I’m worried what Disney is going to do. Unfortunately I don’t have the faith anymore that the replacement will be just as good and as for the fact it will have IP, I can’t even put it into words yet about how that makes me feel! I didn’t even visit WDW for the first time until 2009 so I can just imagine how people feel who can remember the 80’s/90’s.

People in the Dis community on Twitter put it so much better then me, Illuminations will be something we speak about in years to come in EPCOT whilst standing in queue for Frozen, Ratatouilie and what other characters they can shove in.

Change needs to take place to keep up with the technology. Yes, it was a great show, but it was a show for us entering into Y2k. And it's now 2018-9 and just like "Wishes Nighttime Spectacular" it's time has passed. And how great a show " Happily Ever After" turned out, I have no worries Disney will make the new Epcot show just as great or better than Illuminations.

More than anything we really liked the music of Illuminations. Going to be hard to replace songs like "Promise" and the others imho.

I suggested 'Promise' for a friend's wedding. He was going to use it, but the wedding fell through for reasons I'm still not 100% clear on.

Interesting article and video about a drone show from the Netherlands, may present some insight into what is coming to the new Epcot show.
http://www.cnn.com/style/article/studio-drift-franchise-freedom-smart-creativity/
Swarm of drones illuminates the night sky
Drones can do some neat things, but current drone technology isn’t good / bright/ numerous enough as the primary show element that’s as big as Illuminations (they might currently work well in a F! Sized theater)

I would prefer drones instead of the globe, but I think current drone tech will seem like globe v1 in 5 years.

Especially if you compare to the next-level fireworks you see in Japanese fireworks shows
Imagine this with better music:

Last edited:
Rumored aspects of new Illuminations show

Drones
Nations
IP/Characters covering the show
"Wow" factor
Different pacing
Sort of like TDS Fantasmic
Illuminations ends September 30th, 2019
Skymosphere is a name Disney trade marked
Nighttime at Epcot won't be the same
Drones mimicking objects (snowflakes during frozen portion)
SMH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!