College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know the "official" size of the beds? Like twin or twin extra long? I'm just asking because i have some old extra long sheets from college and was wondering if they'd fit...thanks

Anyone know the "official" size of the beds? Like twin or twin extra long? I'm just asking because i have some old extra long sheets from college and was wondering if they'd fit...thanks

The checklist of things to bring just says "twin-size sheets" without the XL. But I'm not sure if there's really that much of a difference in the size to matter.

The checklist of things to bring just says "twin-size sheets" without the XL. But I'm not sure if there's really that much of a difference in the size to matter.

There is a difference! Those XL ones will be too long and won't fit your bed and will come off when you move in your sleep and what not.

Hey! This is my first post, and I'm sorry if this has been asked already,but I was just accepted into the College Program as a concierge. I've looked around, but haven't found a really in depth idea of what a concierge does at WDW. I have been concierge at my current job at The Henry Ford in Dearborn MI, but I'm guessing it will be quite different.

Hello!

I'm from Bavaria, Germany and I'm studying Tourism Management. As I am a huge Disney fan I spent a few days in Orlando last year and it was simply amazing. Of course I would love to do an internship at Disney World...However, having read a lot about the programs Disney offers I feel as if I still don't know anything about them...:surfweb:
First of all I asked myself if there is a chance for a German student to work at a Disney Hotel. I guess this would be a professional internship, wouldn't it? (I cannot apply for the international college proagram, as my university was not on the list)
I was also worried about the housing situation...Well, I'm not fastidious, I am rather worried about transportation as I probably wouldn't have a car.

Hello!

I'm from Bavaria, Germany and I'm studying Tourism Management. As I am a huge Disney fan I spent a few days in Orlando last year and it was simply amazing. Of course I would love to do an internship at Disney World...However, having read a lot about the programs Disney offers I feel as if I still don't know anything about them...:surfweb:
First of all I asked myself if there is a chance for a German student to work at a Disney Hotel. I guess this would be a professional internship, wouldn't it? (I cannot apply for the international college proagram, as my university was not on the list)
I was also worried about the housing situation...Well, I'm not fastidious, I am rather worried about transportation as I probably wouldn't have a car.

In Walt Disney World you def. don't need a car. There are buses for transportation that will take you around. Also I've never known there to be certain college/universities that can apply. It could be different for the ICP I've just never heard that. Its been my understanding that anyone in college can participate in the CP.

Only students attending recognised Post-Secondary institutions may apply to the Disney International Programs (J-1) Academic Exchange program. In Germany, this only allows for students of Munich Business School in Munich, Bavaria and International Business School Berlin in Berlin to apply.

All German nationals, regardless of whether they are or are not in school, are welcome to apply to the Cultural Representative programme. As part of this programme, Participants work in the Germany pavilion at Epcot sharing their culture and language with our Guests. For more, information, please visit the Disney International Programs website on the matter (Informationen in deutscher Sprache hier unter dem Titel "Kulturelle Beauftragtenerfahrung").

Other than these two options, all other Disney Internships and Programs opportunities (including, but not limited to, the Disney College Program, Disney CareerStart Program and Disney Professional Internships Program) are limited to persons attending a post-secondary institution (or having recently completed High School, for the Disney CareerStart Program) in the United States, and who hold unrestricted work authorization (i.e. U.S. Nationality or Legal Permanent Resident status).

If you are interested in pursuing other opportunities with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, you may wish to explore opportunities with Disneyland Paris. Each year, Disneyland Paris welcomes more than 1,000 students from across the European Union on various professional internships and apprentices, as well as various Hourly Guest Service internships which lead to the acquisition of various technical degrees recognised by the Government of France's Ministère du Travail, de l'Emploi et de la Santé. Disneyland Paris is also proud to offer company-sponsored housing and assistance with transportation costs to many of it's Cast Members. For more information, visit Disneyland Paris Casting's website or ring them directly on +33 01 64 74 61 01.

First of all thank you so much for your answers. I am already in touch with a manager at Disneyland Paris who helps me to get a little "summer job" at a Disney Hotel in Paris this year...I am dying to work there for a few weeks during my semester break.

Other than these two options, all other Disney Internships and Programs opportunities (including, but not limited to, the Disney College Program, Disney CareerStart Program and Disney Professional Internships Program) are limited to persons attending a post-secondary institution in the United States, and who hold unrestricted work authorization (i.e. U.S. Nationality or Legal Permanent Resident status).

Well, of course I was shocked when I read that only US college students can take part in the Professional Internship Program. Nevertheless I wonder why this is not mentioned on the official website's FAQ:

Q. Are there standard qualifications for internships?

A. Each internship requires that you are at least 18 years of age and are able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.

Additional requirements are different for each posting. Some require a minimum GPA, grade level completed and/or previous experience on the Disney College Program.

Please reference each individual posting for specific requirements prior to applying.
source: disney.go.com/disneycareers/internships/wdw/students/faqs.html

Are you really sure that Non-US citizens cannot do a professional internship? I simply don't want to believe it as we all know that the Parisian Disneyland cannot be compared to the Disney WORLD :sad2:

Are you really sure that Non-US citizens cannot do a professional internship? I simply don't want to believe it as we all know that the Parisian Disneyland cannot be compared to the Disney WORLD :sad2:

Yes, you would need to be eligible to work in the United States at the time you apply for a Disney Professional Internship Program role. Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. will not sponsor work visas for persons residing abroad to come to the United States to take part in Disney Professional Internship Programs opportunities.

Yes, you would need to be eligible to work in the United States at the time you apply for a Disney Professional Internship Program role. Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. will not sponsor work visas for persons residing abroad to come to the United States to take part in Disney Professional Internship Programs opportunities.

At my university we were told that most companies don't sponsor the work visas, so those are expenses I took into account. Pehaps there is a slight chance that I may apply for positions if Disney didn't have to care about my visa..::confused3

At my university we were told that most companies don't sponsor the work visas, so those are expenses I took into account. Pehaps there is a slight chance that I may apply for positions if Disney wouldn't have to care about my visa..::confused3

For the most part, you need a visa sponsored by an employer to come to the United States to work. With the exception of the Diversity Visa Lottery programme, it is generally not possible to obtain a U.S. work visa without a sponsor in the United States or some other extenuating circumstance.

Coming to the United States and working without the proper visa and work authorizations is a violation of U.S. Immigration Law. Anyone doing so is subject to being arrested, deported to their home country, and possibly being barred from returning to the United States.

I have some questions about hours!

What are hours for the resort hotels like?
I know it probably depends on what role you get if you work in a hotel, but anyone know? *Specifically for Hospitality

Also, I hear you get A LOT of hours during holidays/spring break/etc, especially in MK, I'm just gonna assume this is true for the hotels too, but can anyone tell me about the hours they worked during holidays in the hotels?

One of my other top roles is FSFB- when the parks stay open later, do the restaurants stay open late too?

And, probably most importantly, what are hours like during the summer (just in general)? I'm still debating on whether I want to do Spring or Spring Advantage and if I'm committing to working 12+ hours 6 days a week in the summer I would rather find out sooner than later. :rotfl:

Thanks in advance!

I have some questions about hours!

What are hours for the resort hotels like?
I know it probably depends on what role you get if you work in a hotel, but anyone know? *Specifically for Hospitality

Also, I hear you get A LOT of hours during holidays/spring break/etc, especially in MK, I'm just gonna assume this is true for the hotels too, but can anyone tell me about the hours they worked during holidays in the hotels?

One of my other top roles is FSFB- when the parks stay open later, do the restaurants stay open late too?

And, probably most importantly, what are hours like during the summer (just in general)? I'm still debating on whether I want to do Spring or Spring Advantage and if I'm committing to working 12+ hours 6 days a week in the summer I would rather find out sooner than later. :rotfl:

Thanks in advance!

1. I had a roommate who worked QSFB at The Wilderness Lodge and she would work realy early someday like a 6 for breakfast or real like for closing shifts like until 12. I think that might be the latest you'd work at an hotel. I'm not to sure hospitality wise.

2. You def. do work more during peak season. While you'll pretty much always have like 8-10 hour shifts, during this time it will be for 6 days a week instead of 5. I don't know for how many weeks because I was Fall, and it was only 3 times ( each holiday week)

3. The summers are CRAZY so I would except long shifts, but they go by quite fast because it is so busy. It might be a tough job, but it's a great thing because it gives you the best work ethic.

1. I had a roommate who worked QSFB at The Wilderness Lodge and she would work realy early someday like a 6 for breakfast or real like for closing shifts like until 12. I think that might be the latest you'd work at an hotel. I'm not to sure hospitality wise.

2. You def. do work more during peak season. While you'll pretty much always have like 8-10 hour shifts, during this time it will be for 6 days a week instead of 5. I don't know for how many weeks because I was Fall, and it was only 3 times ( each holiday week)

3. The summers are CRAZY so I would except long shifts, but they go by quite fast because it is so busy. It might be a tough job, but it's a great thing because it gives you the best work ethic.

Thanks! :)

I was especially excited to hear about Wilderness Lodge- that's my dream location! :goodvibes It feels just like home.

I have been hearing that people should no if they are accepted into the CP by April 30 is this for everyone or just for Fall Advantage? I had my interview on April 20 and I haven't heard anything yet, I am hoping to do the Fall program. The waiting is killing me I was hoping bc I interviewed on the last day that I would hear a little sooner.

I have been hearing that people should no if they are accepted into the CP by April 30 is this for everyone or just for Fall Advantage? I had my interview on April 20 and I haven't heard anything yet, I am hoping to do the Fall program. The waiting is killing me I was hoping bc I interviewed on the last day that I would hear a little sooner.

I believe it's for everyone.

It's for everyone

Following up on Princess' question, DS20 interviewed and was told he would receive an answer in 2-3 weeks from the interview, which would've been between 20-27 April. He's yet to hear anything. Should he keep waiting or should he try to contact someone to get an update? TIA.

How does Lunch work? is there a cafeteria? what are the prices? do we just eat at one of the park/resort restaurants? could I pack my own lunch and bring it? would I have a place to store it (locker)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter