College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be applying for the spring semester of 2013. I turn 21 on the 24th of January and want to live in non-wellness housing.

I want to get the most out of my experience and would love to arrive as soon as possible. How does that work if i arrive in early January. Will I be placed in wellness housing and than transferred over to non-wellness housing a few weeks later ? or will i be permanently stuck in wellness housing?

Thanks,

Gabie

You'll be placed in wellness if you arrive before your birthday. You would have the option to move into a non-wellness apartment once you turn 21 though. It might be worth it though just to pick a date after your birthday to save you the hassle of moving into one apartment for a couple of weeks until your birthday.

You'll be placed in wellness if you arrive before your birthday. You would have the option to move into a non-wellness apartment once you turn 21 though. It might be worth it though just to pick a date after your birthday to save you the hassle of moving into one apartment for a couple of weeks until your birthday.

Thanks for the quick reply! and I think what you said is very smart. There is no sense moving into an apartment for a few weeks and than going through the hassle to move out. That seems counter productive. I will have to be patient and wait until my birthday.

If I applied for a seasonal position now, it says you can only apply once every six months. Does that exclude the CP because I'm planning on applying for Spring advantage 2013 but don't want to mess that up by applying for something now.

Can anyone give me some insight on how to get Attractions? I will be applying for the Spring 2013 semester and desperately want to be an attractions CM. Other than putting Attractions as my top choice, what can I do to get a good shot at attractions, whether it be on the application form, online, or in the phone interview?

soooo what do you do if you don't want to be seasonal anymore? I became seasonal last year but now we have to have more hours and I can't do it. and I don't want to get fired for not being able to work and then not get to do another cp or a pi because I got fired or whatever..

soooo what do you do if you don't want to be seasonal anymore? I became seasonal last year but now we have to have more hours and I can't do it. and I don't want to get fired for not being able to work and then not get to do another cp or a pi because I got fired or whatever..

If you can't meet the requirements, you simply become "separated" from the company. You have to wait six months to re-apply, even if it is to a CP or a PI, but it won't blacklist you.

Hey everybody!
I've been trying to read through a lot of this thread before applications in August/September, and I thought of a questions to ask.

If you're working in the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, do you also apply for discounts in Disneyland, such as hotels and tickets?
And if you book a hotel during your time as a cast member, do you have to also be a cast member at the time you check in?

Thanks for a very informative source of information to help me be as prepared as possible!

For my last program, I didn't apply for character performer but this time, I'd really like to give it a shot. Obviously I know the chances of getting accepted for it are very slim but I think it would be a cool experience. Anyway, say you apply for the program right when apps go up. They usually don't release the audition schedule at the same time so what if you check of character performer on your role checklist but then are unable to go to an audition. Is this bad or does it just mean you won't be (obviously) considered for the role? Sorry if this sounds dumb. :rotfl:

And have they ever had auditions in Chicago? If so, where?

I have a question about the application itself.
What different things do you need for it? Do I need to write a cover letter, come up with references, update resume, ect?

Just wondering cause every application I've ever filled out is different.

Thanks!

I have a question about the application itself.
What different things do you need for it? Do I need to write a cover letter, come up with references, update resume, ect?

Just wondering cause every application I've ever filled out is different.

Thanks!
It's just basic information like your name, address, school, etc. You don't need a cover letter or a resume, but there is a place on the application where you list all your past work experience. Then there's the role checklist. It's pretty comparable to other applications you've filled out in the past.

So, kind of a morbid question, but is there any kind of policy Disney has for DCPers who experience a death in the family? If my grandfather passed away during my program, would I be able to get two or three days to fly home for the funeral without quitting the program?

Is this a bad question to ask the interviewer? My mom said not to, that I don't want to risk them not hiring me if there's a chance I'll have to leave, which I agree with. Should I ask someone like a recruiter after (if) I get accepted?

So, kind of a morbid question, but is there any kind of policy Disney has for DCPers who experience a death in the family? If my grandfather passed away during my program, would I be able to get two or three days to fly home for the funeral without quitting the program?

Is this a bad question to ask the interviewer? My mom said not to, that I don't want to risk them not hiring me if there's a chance I'll have to leave, which I agree with. Should I ask someone like a recruiter after (if) I get accepted?

Yes, you can. My best friend died when I was on my CP, I called my manager and explained the situation and my manager gave me the time off to fly back home for the viewing and funeral.

Yes, you can. My best friend died when I was on my CP, I called my manager and explained the situation and my manager gave me the time off to fly back home for the viewing and funeral.

Thank you for your response to a touchy subject, that's very reassuring. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

What colleges are currently participating? I don't go to a participating college, what can I do to get into the program? I'm not looking to receive college credit (won't help my major anyway), but I'd love to participate. I have a lot of food service experience and would like to expand my skills at disney. Any help?

I will only "transfer" to a community college to participate.

What colleges are currently participating? I don't go to a participating college, what can I do to get into the program? I'm not looking to receive college credit (won't help my major anyway), but I'd love to participate. I have a lot of food service experience and would like to expand my skills at disney. Any help?

I will only "transfer" to a community college to participate.

You don't have to go to a participating school to apply, especially if you don't need or want any credit for the program. You just apply and then take a leave of absense from the school (be aware that sometimes, schools require you to withdraw and reapply for the next semester). You could also do what I did/am doing, and wait to apply your last semester, so you end up participating the semester after you graduate. That way, whether or not your school particpates does not matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter