College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does Lunch work? is there a cafeteria? what are the prices? do we just eat at one of the park/resort restaurants? could I pack my own lunch and bring it? would I have a place to store it (locker)?

Each park has a cafeteria. Depending on where you work, it may be easier to bring lunch (as some locations are a distance from the cafeterias). The prices will vary by item. And there are usually places to store your stuff

Following up on Princess' question, DS20 interviewed and was told he would receive an answer in 2-3 weeks from the interview, which would've been between 20-27 April. He's yet to hear anything. Should he keep waiting or should he try to contact someone to get an update? TIA.

I would contact someone for an update, it can't hurt. A mistake was made on my second program and if I hadn't followed up and contacted them I wouldn't have gotten my role. Stick to email though, they probably get a million phone calls.

I leave next month for Disney, and I am doing Merchandise. I have pretty much searched every possible location I could work at, however when it came to Downtown Disney I became really confused trying to figure out what was Disney Owned and not Disney owned...can anyone list the possible Disney merchandise locations in Downtown Disney?

Thank you!

I leave next month for Disney, and I am doing Merchandise. I have pretty much searched every possible location I could work at, however when it came to Downtown Disney I became really confused trying to figure out what was Disney Owned and not Disney owned...can anyone list the possible Disney merchandise locations in Downtown Disney?

Thank you!

Most of the Disney owned ones are going to be the one's that sell Disney merchandise, and the operating particpants are the ones that don't sell Disney stuff

Some you might work at if you were Downtown Disney would be:

Disney Days of Christmas
World of Disney
Once Upon a Toy
Goofy's candy company
tren-d
team Mickey's
Pin station
D-street
Candy caludron
Disney Quest Merchandise
the Pooh store
the Kitchen store
World of Memories
art of Disney

Some of the ones that are not Disney are:
the crystal store
the magnet store
Little missmatched
Basin
The Lego Store

I'm sure there are more, but these were just the ones I could think of off the top of my head. Should give you a good idea of what is Disney and what is not.

Most of the Disney owned ones are going to be the one's that sell Disney merchandise, and the operating particpants are the ones that don't sell Disney stuff

Some you might work at if you were Downtown Disney would be:

Disney Days of Christmas
World of Disney
Once Upon a Toy
Goofy's candy company
tren-d
team Mickey's
Pin station
D-street
Candy caludron
Disney Quest Merchandise
the Pooh store
the Kitchen store
World of Memories
art of Disney

Some of the ones that are not Disney are:
the crystal store
the magnet store
Little missmatched
Basin
The Lego Store

I'm sure there are more, but these were just the ones I could think of off the top of my head. Should give you a good idea of what is Disney and what is not.

Thank you so much!!!

So I'm here to save the day and ask a ton of questions! :)
Sorry if this is a TON of repeats, but I emailed the Disney recruiters and they didn't give me a very in depth response.

So here are all my questions!!!

First of all, I read mixed things about the time span of this program. Is there a program where I could just work the summer? Also, since I am interested on more of the business end, should I apply for the Professional Internship as well? Or are those only for people who have already graduated college and the CP program?

Secondly, can you apply to the PI and CP program at once?

Third, as far as housing arrangements go, is it cheaper to live with many
roommates or just have a few?

Fourth, I think I'm interested most in concierge and recreation as my top two. Does anybody have any advice or information on these two?

Hopefully these arent ALL repeats, but hopefully you guys can help!! Thank you soooo so so much!

Have a GREAT day!

First of all, I read mixed things about the time span of this program. Is there a program where I could just work the summer? Also, since I am interested on more of the business end, should I apply for the Professional Internship as well? Or are those only for people who have already graduated college and the CP program?

Secondly, can you apply to the PI and CP program at once?

Third, as far as housing arrangements go, is it cheaper to live with many
roommates or just have a few?

Fourth, I think I'm interested most in concierge and recreation as my top two. Does anybody have any advice or information on these two?

Hopefully these arent ALL repeats, but hopefully you guys can help!! Thank you soooo so so much!

Have a GREAT day!

I'll answer what I can. You cannot work just the summer unless you have already done the program. It's called the Summer Alumni Program.

You can apply for a PI as well as the CP but there are a limited amount of PIs available for people who have not completed the program. Your chances are better for getting a PI if you have done the program. You do not have to be a college graduate to get a PI.

It is cheaper to live with more roommates but honestly not by much. I can't remember how much the different prices are but I chose to live in a 3 bedroom because me and my roommate wanted to have more roommates to live with.

As for recreation and concierge I don't know much. One of my friends is in recreation and she doesn't work very many hours.

Hi, I have a question... I'm sorry if this question is silly/already been asked, but it's something I never really thought about and would just like some clarification:

I want to do Spring 2012. If I am accepted, am I automatically assigned an arrival/departure date, or do I get to pick my arrival/departure date? Thanks:goodvibes

Hi, I have a question... I'm sorry if this question is silly/already been asked, but it's something I never really thought about and would just like some clarification:

I want to do Spring 2012. If I am accepted, am I automatically assigned an arrival/departure date, or do I get to pick my arrival/departure date? Thanks:goodvibes

You will be allowed to pick your arrival and departure date pairing from a selection of available pairs.

I've got a question about character attendants!

What kind of experience is Disney looking for- for character attendants?
I've heard very few CPs get it their first CP, but it's worth a try- right? ::yes::

Someone told me they might look for people with summer camp or other kinds of work experience with kids- can anyone confirm or deny this?

Also- I've never had a legit job :worried: but I've done plenty of babysitting and I've volunteered at a summer camp. Think that might be helpful at all?

I've got a question about character attendants!

What kind of experience is Disney looking for- for character attendants?
I've heard very few CPs get it their first CP, but it's worth a try- right? ::yes::

Someone told me they might look for people with summer camp or other kinds of work experience with kids- can anyone confirm or deny this?

Also- I've never had a legit job :worried: but I've done plenty of babysitting and I've volunteered at a summer camp. Think that might be helpful at all?

Most, but not ALL, character attendant roles go to those that auditioned for Entertainment and did not make the cut but had Character Attendant as a choice. It is a way of keeping them close to the Entertainment side.

I have some questions about hours!

What are hours for the resort hotels like?
I know it probably depends on what role you get if you work in a hotel, but anyone know? *Specifically for Hospitality

Resort shift times do vary by resort, depending on the size and level. At Caribbean Beach where I work, a CP can get shifts ranging from 5:45am - 7pm start times with 12pm to 2:30am end times, usually 6-8 hour shifts. The CPs usually get closing shifts although that can vary based on what the full timers requests are. Also, be prepared to extend through the night some nights. I work 3rd shift and when a 3rd shift cast member calls in, CPs are usually asked to extend.

With the late hours in the hotels, how late do the busses run? Planning on doing the CP for Spring 2012, and I know that I won't bring a car. Some of the roles I want to do can be done in the hotels: merch, QSFB, and hospitality. Do you think requesting a hotel (because I really would like working at a hotel) and not having a car cause me to not have late night shifts? I was also thinking that I can carpool with somone, but I would like to bother them everyday.

With the late hours in the hotels, how late do the busses run? Planning on doing the CP for Spring 2012, and I know that I won't bring a car. Some of the roles I want to do can be done in the hotels: merch, QSFB, and hospitality. Do you think requesting a hotel (because I really would like working at a hotel) and not having a car cause me to not have late night shifts? I was also thinking that I can carpool with somone, but I would like to bother them everyday.

No matter where you work or at what time, Disney will ALWAYS have transportation for you. Say the last bus leaves your work location before your shift ends ( or doesn't come until after your shift starts ) you could call the number of the bus company ( which will be on your bus schedule ) and they will come pick you up.

Howdy all,

I have am considering applying for DCP for Spring 2012 but I have so many questions! I was wondering if anyone could help me?

Thanks!

Howdy all,

I have am considering applying for DCP for Spring 2012 but I have so many questions! I was wondering if anyone could help me?

Thanks!

Maybe you can also start by using the search tools of this forum. Hope this help you start~

First post here, so sorry if these are stupid questions. It's hard to search through 200+ pages to see if my exact questions have been answered. Thanks in advance to any help that can be provided.

1) I'm a freshman in college and plan to apply for the Spring 2012 semester. It works out well for me academically to go at that time, but I know that's also the target opening date for the Fantasyland expansion. I'm sure there will be a lot of hype and a lot of crowds at the park at the time, so my first question is how will that effect applying to the College Program? Will Disney want more students than usual and let more people in than is common? Or will there merely be way more applicants than usual, with Disney still only taking the same amount of students (and as such creating more competition)?

2) When is the best time for a student to participate in the program? Personally I'm aiming for second semester of my junior year. Is that a good time? Should I wait until I'm older and more experienced? Should I apply earlier in case I get rejected?

3) What's the transition like from your regular college to the Disney program? Is it hard to say goodbye mid-way through your education? Is it easy to readjust back to college life once the program is over?

-Thanks!

First post here, so sorry if these are stupid questions. It's hard to search through 200+ pages to see if my exact questions have been answered. Thanks in advance to any help that can be provided.

1) I'm a freshman in college and plan to apply for the Spring 2012 semester. It works out well for me academically to go at that time, but I know that's also the target opening date for the Fantasyland expansion. I'm sure there will be a lot of hype and a lot of crowds at the park at the time, so my first question is how will that effect applying to the College Program? Will Disney want more students than usual and let more people in than is common? Or will there merely be way more applicants than usual, with Disney still only taking the same amount of students (and as such creating more competition)?

2) When is the best time for a student to participate in the program? Personally I'm aiming for second semester of my junior year. Is that a good time? Should I wait until I'm older and more experienced? Should I apply earlier in case I get rejected?

3) What's the transition like from your regular college to the Disney program? Is it hard to say goodbye mid-way through your education? Is it easy to readjust back to college life once the program is over?

-Thanks!

1. Unless Disney adds more housing, they will only take the normal amount of people for the CP at that time

2. That will be up to you. I did my first CP after 1 semester, and it was a good time for me. I know a lot of people who wait and do the CP right after graduating, but also a lot of people who do the CP halfway through college

3. For me, it was REALLY hard going back to school after my CP ended (which is probably why I ended up doing 6 CPs, heh).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter