Home Resort: SSR
Broker: No Broker Link Provided
Title: link not provided
Offer made: 3/24/2023
Offer accepted: 3/24/2023
Sent to ROFR: 4/7/2023
Passed ROFR: 4/25/2023 (18 days)
Closing docs received: 4/27/2023
Closing docs returned: 4/27/2023 (buyer), 5/3/2023 (seller)
Closing: 5/9/2023
Deed recorded: 5/10/2023
Contract Showing on Membership (new membership): 5/30/2023
Points in account: 5/30/2023

Total Days: 67 days
Congratulations!! I'm curious, did your points show on their own or did you reach out? We're existing members and our new contract showed on our account Friday, the 25th and we're still waiting for our points to load, even after asking if they could load them on Saturday.

**Last Update**

Had to chat with MS this morning to get the points showing in my account.

Home Resort: AUL
Broker: *******
Title Company: Fidelity Hawaii
Offer made: 2/15/23
Offer accepted: 2/16/23
Sent to ROFR: 2/20/23
Passed ROFR: 3/2/23
Closing docs received: 3/20/23
Closing docs returned: 3/21/23
Closing: 5/1/23
Deed recorded: 5/3/23
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 5/24
Points in account: 5/30

Days Total: 105

We're hoping to do our first AUL stay in February.

Congratulations!! I'm curious, did your points show on their own or did you reach out? We're existing members and our new contract showed on our account Friday, the 25th and we're still waiting for our points to load, even after asking if they could load them on Saturday.
I had zero issue asking them to load points today via member chat. The agent simply said no problem and it was done within 10 minutes or so.

I called them and it was setup within 20 minutes.

Our deed was recorded on 3May and we just got our activation code a few minutes ago. No member number yet.
Just got off the phone with member services. They said they were waiting on some document from Orange County, so when I asked what it was it took a good 30 minutes on hold to figure out that nothing was actually missing. They then sent us our club ID, loaded our points and got us booked for our first official stay in mid July. There were still lots to choose from 1 bedroom-wise. Went with Saratoga since we've never stayed there.

Moving right along...

Home Resort: VGC
Broker:
Title Company: www.masontitle.com
Offer made: 5/5/23
Offer accepted: 5/5/23
Sent to ROFR: 5/6/23
Passed ROFR: 5/30/23
Closing docs received: 5/31/23
Closing docs returned: 5/31/23
Closing: TBD (awaiting Seller to sign closing docs)
Deed recorded: TBD
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): TBD
Points in account: TBD

Days Total (so far): 26 days

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the trick to getting points loaded through the chat? I can’t seem to get past the automated response giving me the phone number to call.

What is the trick to getting points loaded through the chat? I can’t seem to get past the automated response giving me the phone number to call.
I clicked the "Vacation Planning Question" and asked if they had a timeframe for when my points would be loaded. They loaded them for me from there.

Final Update!

Home Resort: Copper Creek
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Title Company: https://magicvacationtitle.com/
Offer made: 3/24
Offer accepted: 3/24
Sent to ROFR: 3/25
Passed ROFR: 4/04
Closing docs received: 5/01
Closing docs returned - Buyer : 5/02
Closing docs returned - Seller: 5/09
Closing: 5/10
Deed recorded: 5/11
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 5/30
Points in account: 5/31 (asked in chat)

Day Total: 68 days

Final Update:

Home Resort: Boardwalk Villas
Broker: www.dvcbyresale.com
Title Company: https://www.masontitle.com/
Offer made: 3/22
Offer accepted: 3/24
Sent to ROFR: 3/28
Passed ROFR: 4/4
Closing docs received: 4/12
Closing docs returned (buyer): 4/12
Closing docs returned (seller): ?
Closing: 4/27
Deed recorded: 4/28
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 5/20
Points in account: 5/30

Days Total: 69

Y’all. I TRIED to be patient on those points. I didn’t have a dire need to have them loaded right away, like I know some of you do. But after TEN DAYS I just couldn’t wait anymore. It had been more than a MONTH from closing. So I had DH chat with MS to get them loaded.

The whole process started so smooth and efficient, but it felt like every subsequent step got slower and more frustrating. But we’re done now!!!

We did resale, direct, and now resale again. You honestly cannot beat how easy and quick buying direct is.
Yes. We did it the same way & really don’t like waiting so long (who does) now that we know how quick direct is.
I think if I buy in the future it'll be direct because I, too, am terrible at waiting and I really do want full perks and full accessibility to all new & future resorts down the line. For now it will do but I may be moving closer to FL soon (in CA now).
I feel the same way…unless it’s a really really really good deal, like some on here have gotten.

Home Resort: BCV
Broker: fidelity.com
Title Company: masontitle.com
Offer made: 4/23/23
Offer accepted: 4/23
Sent to ROFR: 5/4
Passed ROFR: 5/26 (22 days)
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total: 34 and counting

*Final UPDATE*
Home Resort: Bay Lake Tower
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title: https://magicvacationtitle.com/
Offer made: 3/22/2023
Offer accepted: 3/23/2023
Sent to ROFR: 3/23/23
Passed ROFR: 4/04/23
Closing docs received: 4/27/23
Closing docs returned: 5/2/2023(buyer) 5/10/2023(seller)
Closing: 5/11/2023
Deed recorded: 5/12/2023
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 5/31/23 (chatted and emailed to get points and member id)
Points in account: 5/31/23

70 Days total time. and finally done with some trips booked! First trip is still going to be up in the air because of availability, but knew that trying to turn around a September or October trip.

Has anyone been given a closing date and closed earlier than the given date? Also, if you're the buyer, how do you find out if the seller has returned their closing documents? Is it ok to email the title company or do they notify you that everything is returned?

Has anyone been given a closing date and closed earlier than the given date? Also, if you're the buyer, how do you find out if the seller has returned their closing documents? Is it ok to email the title company or do they notify you that everything is returned?
Both contracts closed before the date on the agreement, one was 3 weeks ago and one was last week, both had closing dates of next week. The given date on the agreement is when the contract must close by or else either party can walk away. Once the title company has all the required documents, they usually close within a day or two. After we sent in our documents, we got a notification that they recieved it and then the next notification was when it was all closed. We didn't find out when the seller returned their documents.

You need to type your question into the chat. If you click the prompt squares when it asks you questions it will tell you to call.
I can’t seem to type anything - whenever I do, chat says that it can’t understand and makes me select from the prompts.

Could anyone pls explain exactly what you’ve done when you have an activation code but no club ID?

After I sent in my closing docs and wired funds, I emailed the title company to check on the seller. They confirmed they had received my funds but didn’t confirm about the seller. A few days later I inquired again and was given a closing date that was about a week away. I later saw on the deed that the sellers had signed the day after we did (which I expected; the listing said the sellers were motivated, and they had signed the contract quickly).

I'm so frustrated right now. They asked for my name and zip code and then told me they couldn't help me without my membership number. She said to give it a few more days to a week for the 2nd email to come. I'm already not a fan of how inconsistent the messaging from Member Services has been.

We received our activation email on 5/22 and still have not received the second email. I was able to call MA and get my club ID but something is wrong with their system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!