Closing Time!

Yes exactly. I wrote in my issue and the agent said call tomorrow or speak to my guide. Explained that I’m a new resale owner and was just told to call tomorrow
Received my activation code on Sunday, called in this morning and they told me I will have to wait. That there was no way to verify me for security reasons to give out my Club ID 🤷‍♀️

Received my activation code on Sunday, called in this morning and they told me I will have to wait. That there was no way to verify me for security reasons to give out my Club ID 🤷‍♀️
Really?! I ended up using chat and got my club ID. Online portal is all set up. Now to request my points

Update**

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: No Broker Link Provided
Title: link not provided
Offer made: 3/24/2023
Offer accepted: 3/24/2023
Sent to ROFR: 4/7/2023
Passed ROFR: 4/25/2023 (18 days)
Closing docs received: 4/27/2023
Closing docs returned: 4/27/2023 (buyer), 5/3/2023 (seller)
Closing: 5/9/2023
Deed recorded: 5/10/2023
Contract Showing on Membership (new membership): 5/30/2023
Points in account:

Total Days:

Update**

Points in account:

Total Days:
I'm also a 5/10 Deed recorded - hopefully I see it today on my account (existing member). I got a lot of points to use with time quickly disappearing.

Thank you. Was on the phone for about an hour but it was worth it
I'm so frustrated right now. They asked for my name and zip code and then told me they couldn't help me without my membership number. She said to give it a few more days to a week for the 2nd email to come. I'm already not a fan of how inconsistent the messaging from Member Services has been.

**UPDATE**

Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: https://www.masontitle.com/
Offer made: 03/31/23
Offer accepted: 03/31/23
Sent to ROFR: 04/06/23
Passed ROFR: 04/21/23
Closing docs received: 04/25/23
Closing docs returned: 04/26/23 (mine)
Closing: 05/09/23
Deed recorded: 05/10/23
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 05/30/23
Points in account: 05/30/23 (contacted MS via chat once I saw the contract to load points)

Days Total: 60 days

What a ride. I don't think another resale is on my radar. I turn my attention now to Poly2!

Home Resort: VGC
Broker: www.**********.com
Title Company: www.masontitle.com
Offer made: 5/5/23
Offer accepted: 5/5/23
Sent to ROFR: 5/6/23
Passed ROFR: 5/30/23
Closing docs received: TBD
Closing docs returned: TBD
Closing: TBD
Deed recorded: TBD
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): TBD
Points in account: TBD

Days Total (so far): 25 days

Hopefully things move quickly, there are 100 points banked from 2022 that I need to use or rent that don't expire until 3/30/24, but availability is going to get worse as we get closer to August (7 month mark to March 2024).

FINAL Update**

Points in account: 5/30/2023

Total Days: 67 days

I called magic vacation titles to ask for an update on our closing docs and was told probably mid this week to early next week. I suck at waiting, so I hope that's accurate.
I looked back at the closing time thread back from 2020 when we bought our first contract, and at the peak of covid, it took 56 days from offer made to points available. I'm at 35 days right now, with no closing documents yet. I just want these points so I can use them and realize I need more points.

I called magic vacation titles to ask for an update on our closing docs and was told probably mid this week to early next week. I suck at waiting, so I hope that's accurate.
I looked back at the closing time thread back from 2020 when we bought our first contract, and at the peak of covid, it took 56 days from offer made to points available. I'm at 35 days right now, with no closing documents yet. I just want these points so I can use them and realize I need more points.
I wish I could go back and tell my 2020 self to buy DVC then but I was just coming back from a cancer diagnoses and major surgery so while I only missed 10 days of work, my mind wasn't in the right place.

Magic Vacation Title did take a long time but my documents were error free and the rest of the process was seamless. I didn't have the same experience with Mason Title, where I got my closing docs in a week but I had to get documents sent several times for different errors and there was some miscommunication within the firm re: my closing docs & funds (too many cooks in the kitchen maybe?).

I think if I buy in the future it'll be direct because I, too, am terrible at waiting and I really do want full perks and full accessibility to all new & future resorts down the line. For now it will do but I may be moving closer to FL soon (in CA now).

Did they say "would not", or "could not"? I've never heard them say they wouldn't at least try. Have to keep in mind, when you're chatting, you're talking to a Member Services CM. Member Administration sets up the membership/contracts, and MS can only reach out and see if the points are available to provision the contract.

Regardless, there's no reason why you can't go back on chat, after waiting maybe 24 hours, and try again.

Did they say "would not", or "could not"? I've never heard them say they wouldn't at least try. Have to keep in mind, when you're chatting, you're talking to a Member Services CM. Member Administration sets up the membership/contracts, and MS can only reach out and see if the points are available to provision the contract.

Regardless, there's no reason why you can't go back on chat, after waiting maybe 24 hours, and try again.
Thank you, I'll try again. I believe that he said could not, and that it's better the allow them to load on their own, naturally. I'll reach out again. They still aren't there. I don't need them yet, but I would like to finish this.

Magic Vacation Title did take a long time but my documents were error free and the rest of the process was seamless. I didn't have the same experience with Mason Title, where I got my closing docs in a week but I had to get documents sent several times for different errors and there was some miscommunication within the firm re: my closing docs & funds (too many cooks in the kitchen maybe?).

I think if I buy in the future it'll be direct because I, too, am terrible at waiting and I really do want full perks and full accessibility to all new & future resorts down the line. For now it will do but I may be moving closer to FL soon (in CA now).
We did resale, direct, and now resale again. You honestly cannot beat how easy and quick buying direct is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter