Closing Time!

I can’t seem to type anything - whenever I do, chat says that it can’t understand and makes me select from the prompts.

Could anyone pls explain exactly what you’ve done when you have an activation code but no club ID?

To get my club ID I actually called the DVC number and selected the prompt for “selling your DVC”. I was connected to someone and explained my situation and asked to be connected to an MA cast member. The lady I spoke with said she was with MA and could help me and got my club ID and member numbers for me and even looked up my contract number since I didn’t have it. I think she used my social and telephone number to look it up and the I had to confirm identity details.

To get my club ID I actually called the DVC number and selected the prompt for “selling your DVC”. I was connected to someone and explained my situation and asked to be connected to an MA cast member. The lady I spoke with said she was with MA and could help me and got my club ID and member numbers for me and even looked up my contract number since I didn’t have it. I think she used my social and telephone number to look it up and the I had to confirm identity details.
This is the way, as I just did this today due to only receiving the activation code.

I was told resale purchases they don’t have your social security numbers, so instead you have to confirm all details about your purchase. Then they were able to share both my wife’s and my club ID.

So I called today after getting my account established trying to get points loaded but was told that points are not yet available for loading.

Has anybody been told this? Trying to decide if I should call back or just wait it out?

Last edited:
So I called today after getting my account established trying to get points loaded but was two that points are not yet available for loading.

Has anybody been today this? Trying to decide if I should call back or just wait it out?
It's best to wait at least 24 hours after getting the account to call. I have been successful after giving it a day or so.

So I called today after getting my account established trying to get points loaded but was told that points are not yet available for loading.

Has anybody been told this? Trying to decide if I should call back or just wait it out?
I have been told this twice and I'm still waiting. We're current members and our new contract was loaded last Friday, but no points. I used the chat feature both times and I'm on hold right now to talk with someone. But both times, I was told that the points aren't available to be loaded. I asked if there was a problem. At this rate, we'll be making our first payment before our points are loaded!! Our contract was closed and recorded on 5/4!

Last edited:
I clicked the "Vacation Planning Question" and asked if they had a timeframe for when my points would be loaded. They loaded them for me from there.
I've chatted twice and both times was told that they weren't available yet. Crazy how some get their points added right away and we've been waiting for a week since our contract showed!

I had zero issue asking them to load points today via member chat. The agent simply said no problem and it was done within 10 minutes or so.
I chatted again last night and was told that the points aren't available to load yet. I'm on the phone with them now. Our contract showed last Friday!

Home Resort: Boardwalk
Broker: www.dvcbyresale.com
Title Company: Jeffrey C. Sweet Attorney at Law
Offer made: 4/2/23
Offer accepted:4/3/23
Sent to ROFR: 4/4/23
Passed ROFR: 4/27/23
Closing docs received: 4/28/23
Closing docs returned: 5/1/23 (money sent 4/30 zelle)
Closing:5/4/23
Deed recorded:5/4/23 (not sent to Disney until 5/15)
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 5/25/23
Points in account:6/1/23!! chatted twice and finally called to get points in. Was told that the points weren't available to be loaded the first 2 times!

Days Total:60 days total

3 weeks and counting waiting on the sellers 😫😩😭
I know no one can do anything about it but it makes me frustrated and I would like commiseration.
Update 2: turns out, international seller 😭. Just chilling. Waiting. 😫😩

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: Masontitle.com
Offer made: initial 3/26, final counter 3/31
Offer accepted: 4/3
Sent to ROFR: 4/5
Passed ROFR: 4/20
Closing docs received: 4/26
Closing docs returned: 4/26 (buyer)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

We used Mason and it was a few days after the Sellers returned their docs, which was about a week after we returned ours (since Buyers have it easy with digital signing and Sellers have to notarize & return).
Do you know if that is only for Florida contracts, or do California contracts only require the buyer to sign digitally without notarization?

Home Resort: Boardwalk
Broker: www.dvcbyresale.com
Title Company: Jeffrey C. Sweet Attorney at Law
Offer made: 4/2/23
Offer accepted:4/3/23
Sent to ROFR: 4/4/23
Passed ROFR: 4/27/23
Closing docs received: 4/28/23
Closing docs returned: 5/1/23 (money sent 4/30 zelle)
Closing:5/4/23
Deed recorded:5/4/23 (not sent to Disney until 5/15)
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 5/25/23
Points in account:6/1/23 Chatted twice and was told that the points weren't available to load. Finally called and got them added.

Days Total:60
How did you know the deed wasn’t sent to Disney until 5/15? Did you get a notification about that? Just curious.

I am still waiting on my Club ID email for my very first contract. I received the activation code 6 days ago. I am also expecting closing papers any day on my second contract. Both contracts are the same use year. My question is how important is it to have my member number on the 2nd contract to make sure I only have one membership number?

Weekly reminder....please list the link to the broker or leave it blank. Posts without it are deleted.

For those who don’t have enough posts yet to include the link just leave blank. You can then come back and at it when you do!

Last edited:
Home Resort:
Broker:
Title Company:
Offer made:
Offer accepted:
Sent to ROFR:
Passed ROFR:
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:
Weekly reminder....please list the link to the broker or leave it blank. Posts without it are deleted.
How do you post with the Link. I get an error message saying "our content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator."

Home Resort: AKV
Broker: https://dvcstore.com/
Title Company: https://www.masontitle.com/
Offer made: 5/11/23
Offer accepted: 5/11/23
Sent to ROFR: 5/11/23
Passed ROFR: 5/31/23
Closing docs received: 6/7/23
Closing docs returned: 6/7/23 buyer, 06/14/23 seller
Closing: 6/27/23
Deed recorded: 6/28/23
Contract Showing on Membership: 07/15/23
Points in account: 07/21/23 via chat

Days Total: 71

Last edited:
Home Resort:
Broker:
Title Company:
Offer made:
Offer accepted:
Sent to ROFR:
Passed ROFR:
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Days Total:

How do you post with the Link. I get an error message saying "our content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator."

You have to have at least 10 posts to submit a link. I will add that to my reminder. Once you do, you can go back and add if you want!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter