(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't even know this thread existed. I shot to post some pictures of the bakery and my room tonight. Do you prefer it there or here?

Thanks for posting all the pics! Looks great. It's okay to have a separate photo thread, but I always consider this one the "real" BW thread. :)

Enjoyed a wonderful night at Flying Fish. Then took a stroll around the lagoon. Saw some shows on the Boardwalk. Just not the same without Brian doing his show

If you haven't yet, and the menu looks good and/or reasonably priced for your budget, I would try to get an ADR for Flying Fish. It's a FANTASTIC restaurant.

Every evening they have "street" entertainers on the Boardwalk, the schedule should be on page 1. They're aimed at kids (and yours are the perfect age), but as adults we've liked a lot of them, too. When one finishes a new one will usually already be setting up on a different part of the boardwalk. And they're paid by Disney, no tipping hat gets passed around!

Without the kids, there is Atlantic Dance (a dance hall people don't talk about too much), and Jelly Rolls, a dueling piano bar that many people love, but it has a cover charge, and you'd have to leave the kiddos wih your mom.

They also have kids movies by the pool in the evenings, as do all the Deluxes, I believe.

Enjoy!

Agree about the Boardwalk Entertainment. There are terrific shows. You can watch the Illuminations fireworks without going in to Epcot. The bridges have a decent view of them. You can also get rent of those family bikes and ride around the Boardwalk. I like the Luna pool and water slide, even with the clown. There is ESPN Club where you can sit at the bar for a drink or have dinner there. It is mostly pub/ bar food and they don't take reservation. You can also stroll over to the Beach and Yacht Club with there many restaurants or walk on the beach. Finally, it is a stroll down to the Swan & Dolphin with their restaurants or a bit further for mini golf, although I'm not sure how long it stays open.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Welcome (back) home:thumbsup2

psac and AirGoofy have made great suggestions. It's also fun to pop in to the nearby resorts and you can even walk to Winter Summerland Golf.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you all so much! I've loved all the research and can't believe that it is so close!!!! I don't know what I will do with myself once we get back home...

Love the bakery pics! We will have our first stay at the bwi in sept! Can't wait it looks so nice:goodvibes.

Thanks for posting your photos, Sandy:thumbsup2. I'll post a link to them on the first page.

I've posted this video here a couple times... since everyone is sharing room pics. Here's the view from my honeymoon trip to the Boardwalk!

Video Link to YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9hX-dx7Z3w
The music perked me up:)

101 days can't wait!!!!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013

:yay:

39 Days a counting for the Boardwalk Club Level and our Honeymoon!
WOOHOO! Are you in a Garden Suite? I hope you'll be able to post some wedding/Disneymoon photos;)

Yippee, what type of thread is this? ;). :lmao:

:rotfl2:

Oh, aren't you hilarious leaving out my carefully worded WEDDING/Disneymoon. There's no funny business at a wedding - except maybe those Kentucky weddings;):rolleyes1;)

:rotfl2:

Oh, aren't you hilarious leaving out my carefully worded WEDDING/Disneymoon. There's no funny business at a wedding - except maybe those Kentucky weddings;):rolleyes1;)

Sorry, couldn't resist. Although, the joke could still be interpreted with wedding in there as well. As for KY, we are really an enlightened state - age of consent for s.x is 16, but thankfully, a parent can still give consent for a marriage at 14. :rolleyes1: Somehow, I don't think the honeymoon will be anywhere near WDW in those instances.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Although, the joke could still be interpreted with wedding in there as well. As for KY, we are really an enlightened state - age of consent for s.x is 16, but thankfully, a parent can still give consent for a marriage at 14. :rolleyes1: Somehow, I don't think the honeymoon will be anywhere near WDW in those instances.

Wow, so I could marry off DD14 now:rolleyes:

The poor Disneymoon OP will never post here again after our, I mean, YOUR fun at their expense:flower3:. Hope it was OK to make a joke about KY seeing that I grew-up next door in IN.

Wow, so I could marry off DD14 now:rolleyes:

The poor Disneymoon OP will never post here again after our, I mean, YOUR fun at their expense:flower3:. Hope it was OK to make a joke about KY seeing that I grew-up next door in IN.

Yes, at 14, I'm sure she is ready for marriage. :eek:

No offense. I've lived in KY all my life. After we went to WDW for our honeymoon, i asked why do i live in KY? My goal is to retire in another 10 years, move to FL, put kids thru college in FL in hopes they will live there.

As for Disneymoon OP, i hope they dismiss my poor humor attempts and post as many pictures as they want.

I think we've killed a perfectly viable thread, AG, so I shall try to resuscitate it...

17 days until our first ever visit at BWI (or any deluxe)!! I am so excited!! Can't wait to see the kid's faces when they realize we are going to Disney again!!

17 days until our first ever visit at BWI (or any deluxe)!! I am so excited!! Can't wait to see the kid's faces when they realize we are going to Disney again!!

You chose well! Love BWI! Theming location restaurants - it is my absolute favorite!

How are you going to surprise your kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter