(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already said it once, but I'll say it again....KOOK, you did a fabulous job with this thread!!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 As you know, I love details, and that my friend is exactly what you've done!

As of today, our plans are to do BWV 2 bedroom...may change, but I have my heart set here. I've got to go back and do a thorough read and make sure I haven't missed anything ;) I skimmed last night....just looking at the pics.

:goodvibes Heather

How did this thread get to page 3 :confused3

127 days!
You SAVED us:goodvibes:thumbsup2

I've already said it once, but I'll say it again....KOOK, you did a fabulous job with this thread!!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 As you know, I love details, and that my friend is exactly what you've done!

As of today, our plans are to do BWV 2 bedroom...may change, but I have my heart set here. I've got to go back and do a thorough read and make sure I haven't missed anything ;) I skimmed last night....just looking at the pics.

:goodvibes Heather
Awww, thank you, Heather, you've been away too long! I'm actually going to need to do some revising and updating of this thread very soon as we're approaching 250 page jumbo status. Let us know if you have any questions. We have some great BWV experts lurking around here (thank goodness:worship:).

Awww, thank you, Heather, you've been away too long! I'm actually going to need to do some revising and updating of this thread very soon as we're approaching 250 page jumbo status. Let us know if you have any questions. We have some great BWV experts lurking around here (thank goodness:worship:).

:banana: an updated thread just in time for me to start Planning Phase 1 of our WDW vacation ;) I'll be anxiously awaiting the new and improved (not that it needs improving) BWI Thread!!!

popcorn:: (how long should I wait.... )
Heather

Hi all! I am loving this thread.

We will be staying at BWV for the first time in August and I am getting very excited. DD got her first taste of Disney when we snuck in a day at DL over Memorial Day and she is hooked:thumbsup2.

I was wondering if anyone has a sample activities guide or a list of what fun things are going on at the BW. I've read about the campfires at BC and it sounds like BW may have something similar? What about movie nights, pool activities, etc. DD will be 2 in August, so I'm looking for a good mix of mellow activities to go with all the excitement of the parks.

We are planning afternoon breaks and looking forward to enjoying the pool and playground as well.

Also, how is the Screen Door grocery for picking up a few items? I will probably bring non-refrigerated stuff with, but would love to pick up milk, cheese, yogurt, fruit for snacks in the room. Is the grocery selection (and prices) ok? I know there's also a Hess nearby and would consider delivery, but I think we'll likely just eat breakfast and snacks (maybe a few lunches) in the studio.

Sorry for my rambling and thanks for any tips!

We will be staying at BWV for the first time in August and I am getting very excited. DD got her first taste of Disney when we snuck in a day at DL over Memorial Day and she is hooked:thumbsup2.

I was wondering if anyone has a sample activities guide or a list of what fun things are going on at the BW. I've read about the campfires at BC and it sounds like BW may have something similar? What about movie nights, pool activities, etc. DD will be 2 in August, so I'm looking for a good mix of mellow activities to go with all the excitement of the parks.

We are planning afternoon breaks and looking forward to enjoying the pool and playground as well.

Also, how is the Screen Door grocery for picking up a few items? I will probably bring non-refrigerated stuff with, but would love to pick up milk, cheese, yogurt, fruit for snacks in the room. Is the grocery selection (and prices) ok? I know there's also a Hess nearby and would consider delivery, but I think we'll likely just eat breakfast and snacks (maybe a few lunches) in the studio.

Hi! BW is the perfect spot for getting you those mellow breaks!
Community Hall has daily craft activities - some have a cost some are free. Sometimes it is hard to get the kids out of Community Hall because of the fun they are having!

The CM's host a little pool party each afternoon maybe 3ish to 5?

They play pool games and games beside the pool. I say it gets over around 5 because I know it usually wrapped up when we needed to head in and take showers for dinner!

Also when the pool party is over they start the campfire - which is right near Luna Park Pool and you can roast marshmallows!

For movies - you do need to walk over to the BC for movies on the beach at night. It isn't that far of a walk and it is pretty to look at the BW across the lake!

In the evening there is the performers on the boardwalk as well as the boardwalk style games to play.

Screen Door is perfect for a few groceries like breakfast and snacks. Not sure there is anything that I'd consider good for lunches there - mostly frozen or canned goods. I think there might be some Oscar Meyer meat products for sandwiches. I don't remember there being any produce - but maybe someone remembers differently? However - my kids always get the grapes and apples with their meals so we end up having leftover fruit from their meals in our fridge!

Hope that helps! You will love the Boardwalk!:love:

:banana: an updated thread just in time for me to start Planning Phase 1 of our WDW vacation ;) I'll be anxiously awaiting the new and improved (not that it needs improving) BWI Thread!!!

popcorn:: (how long should I wait.... )
Heather
Hmm... As long as we waited for the last day of your TR perhaps:scratchin. Na, I wouldn't make you wait that long. I'll post here when the improved thread is posted.

Yippee for Phase One:surfweb:

You weren't rambling at all and welcome to the thread! Your question was answered well by LisaCM614. The Hess is just across the street and very quick and easy to walk to. There's a link on the first page for the BWI Hess that shows what they carry.

Here is the link to the most current BWI activities calendar, but they don't have the June one posted yet:

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/pdf/BWCalendar.pdf

I'm a notorious thread killer!
That would make a great tag...

Hmm... As long as we waited for the last day of your TR perhaps:scratchin....

Ok....you got me! I've been trying to think of an intelligent rebuttal, but words have evaded me. I will patiently wait for the much anticipated, new and improved, updated BWI thread :teeth:

:surfweb:

popcorn::

Patiently Waiting,
Heather

Ok....you got me! I've been trying to think of an intelligent rebuttal, but words have evaded me. I will patiently wait for the much anticipated, new and improved, updated BWI thread :teeth:

:surfweb:

popcorn::

Patiently Waiting,
Heather

Lmao! Ooohh you got told! JK! Can you tell the kids being home is already starting to affect me?? Summer just started too!!!!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013

Hi
In the Activities flyer WDWKOOK posted it looks like they have swim up movies at Community Hall now. Is that right? That would be so cool!

Thank you everyone for this thread in getting me ready for my pre-first stay at BWV as a DVC owner. Meaning I was able to sneak in a few days last week at BWV, before our first 11 mo planned stay at BWV during Thanksgiving.

I loved Boardwalk! I have to stay it is my favorite! My kids still like BLT as their #1, but this is my way #1! Maybe Boardwalk Bakery had a little to do with it. :rotfl2: I ate way too much at the bakery! There were quite a few white boxes in our room. Here's a few pics from last week. I haven't seen anyone mention the mickey shaped muffins, my kids loved it. My DD loved the Sugar cookies. My DH liked the Fruit tart and I loved loved the Salted Caramel Ganache (way better than the stuff in Germany IMHO).

And finally...

-Virginia

Thank you everyone for this thread in getting me ready for my pre-first stay at BWV as a DVC owner. Meaning I was able to sneak in a few days last week at BWV, before our first 11 mo planned stay at BWV during Thanksgiving.

I loved Boardwalk! I have to stay it is my favorite! My kids still like BLT as their #1, but this is my way #1! Maybe Boardwalk Bakery had a little to do with it. :rotfl2: I ate way too much at the bakery! There were quite a few white boxes in our room. Here's a few pics from last week. I haven't seen anyone mention the mickey shaped muffins, my kids loved it. My DD loved the Sugar cookies. My DH liked the Fruit tart and I loved loved the Salted Caramel Ganache (way better than the stuff in Germany IMHO).

And finally...

-Virginia

Thank you for posting your photos! Those desserts look very yummy! :goodvibes

OOOO thanks for sharing those yummy pictures! I can't wait to stop in at the bakery in October! Those Mickey muffins are too cute! I have a Mickey muffin pan at home and the ears always break off :(

Lmao! Ooohh you got told! JK! Can you tell the kids being home is already starting to affect me?? Summer just started too!!!!

Why yes, I did...... I like to think that I'm fairly quick on my feet, but there are times (even for me :rolleyes1) that I have to bow out and admit defeat :laughing:

Raining & windy here today....probably in Charleston, too...kids are nuts! When did y'all get out of school? Bet you go back early like us, also.

-Virginia

Nice pics!!! I love a good photo:thumbsup2

Why yes, I did...... I like to think that I'm fairly quick on my feet, but there are times (even for me :rolleyes1) that I have to bow out and admit defeat :laughing:

Raining & windy here today....probably in Charleston, too...kids are nuts! When did y'all get out of school? Bet you go back early like us, also.

Nice pics!!! I love a good photo:thumbsup2

Yes weather is horrible right now.. Well my DD16 got out May 31 & my step son (12) who lives in Nashville flew here on Tues will be here until July 9th he is a handful & never stops talking or moving!!! You know I'm not even sure when the High school starts again!

We'll be in BWV for the first time Sept 8-12! Does anyone have current pictures of the studios? I'd love to show the fella! :goodvibes

Thanks in advance! This thread rocks!

-Virginia

Thanks for the photos Virginia. They have cannoli at the Boardwalk Bakery? I don't remember seeing those there before. Yum.

Glad you had a fun stay.

Look, we just arrived at BWI yesterday .... After driving thru the effects of Tropical StormAndrea. We are at Epcot now, but when we get back to the room, I will try to post the June weekly activities schedule if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Glad you made it safely! We are feeling the impact of that rain this weekend.
Hope you have a nice dry and uneventful trip after that start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter