Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Opinions on the chatter?

Avila vs Rivera
Wilson vs Grimm vs Maples

Opinions on the chatter?

Avila vs Rivera
Wilson vs Grimm vs Maples

Joe threw Avila on first for a few innings,(tho it was nothing to write home about) I thought that was a bit of a hint that he is getting the nod~ but Rene's offense can't be ignored. Neither can run, lol.

I am guessing Wilson gets the coveted spot in the bullpen, but will be avoided at all costs.I *almost* wish Maples as the choice, he has a filthy cutter...I mean, it looks wicked when he's on. Cubs offense has to be the bull dog of the playoff's, which is a tall task, but again, anything can happen. I gotta say I am just as concerned over Gonzales (if not more) than Sherzer/Strasburg. More pressure on the Nat's to me, and I am hoping they implode under it and sloppy ball happen's and we capitalize.

THE FINAL GAME OF THE REGULAR SEASON BRINGS YOU
THE GREATEST LEAD OFF HITTER OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anthony-Rizzo-ties-Cubs-record-leading-off-e1498005378600.jpg

LETS GO CUBBIE'S!!!!! LET'S FINISH WITH A SWEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DLECjwpW0AAQrbf.jpg:large

update on Scherzer (guessing he will be JUST fine)

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/nationals-max-scherzer-status-for-game-1-uncertain/

An MRI on Scherzer's injured hamstring revealed a "minor tweak" Sunday, Mark Zuckerman of MASN Sports reports. His availability for Game 1 of the NLDS remains uncertain.

Scherzer exited Saturday's contest in the fourth inning with an apparent leg injury that the team classified as a hamstring cramp after the game. A subsequent MRI revealed no significant damage, but the Nationals' ace still isn't sure if he'll be able to suit up for Game 1 of the NLDS on Friday. Scherzer said that he's been able to run with no issues, but he'll have to wait and see how the injury progresses over the next few days before committing to a Game 1 start.

Seems Cubs would host a WS if only against Yankees or Twins.

Cubs-Yankees. Wow.

so Dusty says Scherzer's injury(MRI shows minor tweak :confused3) will *prob* impact the pitching rotation~ guessing he is 3rd then if Dusty is on the up and up, or he remains in his reg spot because we all know Dusty is the best at ignoring what's healthyfor a pitcher

If it was anyone but Dusty managing that team, I'd be hesitant on picking the Cubs. But I have to go with my heart and a certain amount of "trust" that Dusty will never be up to the challenge. Plus the Cubs are definitely playing their best ball at the right time.

So my "no hedging" prediction is Cubs in 5 nerve wracking games.

I'm already nervous.

If it was anyone but Dusty managing that team, I'd be hesitant on picking the Cubs. But I have to go with my heart and a certain amount of "trust" that Dusty will never be up to the challenge. Plus the Cubs are definitely playing their best ball at the right time.

I'm already nervous.
I agree I think it will take 5. Although in my heart, I want a sweep in 4, the Nats have been a very good team this year, but the fact we've been doing better since the all star break and especially September, I think it will be 5 also.

I agree I think it will take 5. Although in my heart, I want a sweep in 4, the Nats have been a very good team this year, but the fact we've been doing better since the all star break and especially September, I think it will be 5 also.

It would be a sweep in 3, not 4. ;)

We're predicting the scenario? I'll play. We win. My heaviest concern is Gonzales. If he is game 2, then guessing W, L, W...and if we get #3 we will take game 4 as I think the Nat's will fold under the pressure by then. No matter the outcome tho, to take the Division was absolutely fantastic on a year that I wrote off as one to bask in the glow of being the World Series Champs. I am Keeping my eye on the Astro's and Yankee's TBH.

I'm already nervous.
Most nervewracking thing to me would be they take 1&2, we take 3..and are forced to get 4 &5 ..logically I see we get 1, they get 2 &3 and we have to get 4 &5 . My positivity says we get 1,3 and 4

Hey everybody! Finally home and unpacked from vacation. I love cruising but it sure made it difficult to keep up with the Cubs. Haha! We did get to see them clinch though - well, sorta. We missed the last inning but broke our "no paying for wifi on the ship" rule to text with our son back home. For Halloween night we both wore our jerseys and received lots of positive comments. :teeth:

We're so excited for more baseball in October!!!! And since we're making predictions I say we'll win but it won't be easy, pretty, or in three games. Because that's just not how the Cubs play ball! :headache::rolleyes1:crazy2::upsidedow:tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter