Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Wish/prediction: Cubs in 4 (don’t want to go back there for a game 5).

without prolonging the season, the WC should be Monday and the NLDS should be Wednesday and 7 games. These 5 game series are so stressful with 40% of games played before getting back home.

seems like a lot of us are saying in 4~ all I know is all the feels from last season are upon me already

Hey everybody! Finally home and unpacked from vacation. I love cruising but it sure made it difficult to keep up with the Cubs. Haha! We did get to see them clinch though - well, sorta. We missed the last inning but broke our "no paying for wifi on the ship" rule to text with our son back home. For Halloween night we both wore our jerseys and received lots of positive comments. :teeth:

We're so excited for more baseball in October!!!! And since we're making predictions I say we'll win but it won't be easy, pretty, or in three games. Because that's just not how the Cubs play ball! :headache::rolleyes1:crazy2::upsidedow:tongue:
Welcome back!
I was thinking you were still at WDW, so that makes more sense.
Back in time for the playoffs!!

Did you see where John Lackey has been moved to the bullpen for the playoffs?

Did you see where John Lackey has been moved to the bullpen for the playoffs?
I had not seen that. I would've thought Jake was a better choice for bullpen than John. On the other hand, if one of the starters gets in trouble and we need someone to give us more than one inning, might be a good thing. So, the 4 are Jon, Q, Kyle and Jake. 2 lefties and 2 righties. Not sure I like Jake over John, but maybe that's why I'm not the manager. ;)

I just went to the news section on the Cubs site and looks like maybe Jake not John...
http://m.cubs.mlb.com/news/article/257280102/cubs-jake-arrieta-to-throw-bullpen-session/

That was as of 4:30 ET
I knew Jake was going to throw a bullpen session instead of a Sim game, the article doesn't say about the playoff roster...article says no decsions are made yet :

Maddon will meet Wednesday with pitching coach Chris Bosio, president of baseball operations Theo Epstein and general manager Jed Hoyer to discuss their NLDS rotation and roster.

"We're still in the process of talking to everybody," Maddon said.

Either Jon Lester or Kyle Hendricks was expected to start Friday in Game 1 of the best-of-five series. Jose Quintana also is in the mix. Maddon said they have yet to decide what role John Lackey will have, whether he'll start or be in the bullpen.

"We have not concluded anything yet," Maddon said.

The Cubs also have yet to decide if they will carry 11 or 12 pitchers.

I knew Jake was going to throw a bullpen session instead of a Sim game, the article doesn't say about the playoff roster...article says no decsions are made yet :

Maddon will meet Wednesday with pitching coach Chris Bosio, president of baseball operations Theo Epstein and general manager Jed Hoyer to discuss their NLDS rotation and roster.

"We're still in the process of talking to everybody," Maddon said.

Either Jon Lester or Kyle Hendricks was expected to start Friday in Game 1 of the best-of-five series. Jose Quintana also is in the mix. Maddon said they have yet to decide what role John Lackey will have, whether he'll start or be in the bullpen.

"We have not concluded anything yet," Maddon said.

The Cubs also have yet to decide if they will carry 11 or 12 pitchers.
Right, it says it will be announced Wednesday. I just kinda figure if they're going to have him throw a bullpen session vs. a sim game, then it's likely to see how he does there. That quote from Maddon does tend to lean towards John, though. I agree, nothing is decided yet...we'll see tomorrow. I'd hate to see John retire, but at least if he does, he'll leave on a good season vs. some people who stay too long and need to be put out to pasture.

In looking over the roster of pitchers, I figured out why I never made it to the bigs. I'm not tall enough. :lmao:
Has absolutely nothing to do with not being good enough, just not tall enough. :rotfl2:

Ok... the jitters are fading. I'm having another wave of optimism. I think we are going to roll.

The ballpark there will be 20k Cubs fans and we've been strong on the road in the 2nd half. Strong on the road throughout the 2016 playoffs. We'll be composed, loose, and focused. They have an excellent team. 3 amazing starters and a great 7-8-9 bullpen in the 2nd half. Great hitting.

Cubs? We've been there. We'll be a very tough out for them through and through. I think last year's strikeouts in the playoffs will be decreased. We'll make them work for it every out and 1-8 are threats now. We are finally all clicking. Strop and Rondon are worlds improved. Davis is solid. We have some starting pitching inconsistencies but even that is very very good.

I think the pressure will be heavy on the Nats. Btw, look what's happening to the Yankees in the top of the first. (Update bottom of the first: spoke too soon)

Last edited:
Ok... the jitters are fading. I'm having another wave of optimism. I think we are going to roll.

The ballpark there will be 20k Cubs fans and we've been strong on the road in the 2nd half. Strong on the road throughout the 2016 playoffs. We'll be composed, loose, and focused. They have an excellent team. 3 amazing starters and a great 7-8-9 bullpen in the 2nd half. Great hitting.

Cubs? We've been there. We'll be a very tough out for them through and through. I think last year's strikeouts in the playoffs will be decreased. We'll make them work for it every out and 1-8 are threats now. We are finally all clicking. Strop and Rondon are worlds improved. Davis is solid. We have some starting pitching inconsistencies but even that is very very good.

I think the pressure will be heavy on the Nats. Btw, look what's happening to the Yankees in the top of the first. (Update bottom of the first: spoke too soon)
tonight's game is off the hook! WOW! What it glaringly show's tho..is how the top starter's were hit and hard. Granted a sudden death game is different but the Scherzer/Strasburg/gonzales/Kershaw/Wood pitcher's of the world~ all bet's are off Mwwwahhh-hahhh-haaaaaaa. The game is settling down now tho. I am banking on the pressure on the Nat's (and Dusty) as well. Like you said if the Cubs can keep the strike outs down, and not be sloppy...Nat's can plan fall vacations lol.

NOW...The Yankee's can quit copying the Cub's home run dugout intereview activity~ obv have no creativity of their own.

Last edited:
Right, it says it will be announced Wednesday. I just kinda figure if they're going to have him throw a bullpen session vs. a sim game, then it's likely to see how he does there. That quote from Maddon does tend to lean towards John, though. I agree, nothing is decided yet...we'll see tomorrow. I'd hate to see John retire, but at least if he does, he'll leave on a good season vs. some people who stay too long and need to be put out to pasture.

In looking over the roster of pitchers, I figured out why I never made it to the bigs. I'm not tall enough. :lmao:
Has absolutely nothing to do with not being good enough, just not tall enough. :rotfl2:
That's your story and you're sticking to it!:D

A reminder of you guys are the type to vote..pretty sure Rizzo would appeciate it. He is just as needed off the field as he is on, and he deliver's more than any other sports figure I can think of. Thanks :goodvibes

img.jpg

https://www.mlb.com/mlb/community/roberto-clemente-award

Last edited:
Meh on the NYY win. Games was pretty interesting until Judge's homer. Well, tomorrow's WC shall be interesting. I think AZ will win and I honestly think they have a chance against the Dodger's.

I have an ingrained and not unexplained dislike for the Yankees.
No, really. I feel like I should like them.

* They have a long history in the game
* They have passionate fans
* The team is very good
* There have been some real characters along the way
* They don't have their names on the back of their jerseys
* Arron Judge
* They are not the Mets

But I just can't seem to bring myself to root for them. It's probably because of jealousy over their dominance of the games in the 90's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter