Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I guess you mean ESPN. I had to switch over to ESPN at one point because the CSC stream died/locked. Glad I wasn't there too long because I'm pretty sure I noticed that very quickly (like maybe 45 seconds) ;)
Sorry, yes, ESPN. Two nights in a row with the same guys. We get Cubs on TBS, ESPN, MLB, Fox

Here is tonight's "rest the guys" lineup. My prediction? If the Dirtybird's are dumb enough to do something stupid again tonight, dugouts are going to empty and Rizzo, Arrieta and Willy will be leading the charge. Just please let no more injuries occur.

LET'S GO 2017 DIVISION CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

DK1P_QpW0AYD1lW.jpg:large

Does it bother anyone else when the Three Stooges in the press box have to be shown chatting with each other instead of showing the game? We had to turn the sound off both nights because of those guys. At least it wasn't Bob Costas, though. He is the worst.
YEP. Like lastyear when they were showing player family highlight's DURING THE GAME!!!!!!!!The only downside to the playoffs is when we don't get Len and JD.

Sorry to hear that you don't get to hear the Len and JD.

It was a strangely subdued Wrigleyville last night. They showed Clark and Addison several times - you could easily count the people there - so empty.

I get it - it was expected -long way to go - not the true goal etc etc

I just never thought I'd live to see the day when a division championship was greeted with a virtual yawn. Progress - I guess.
Just resting up for October

ESPN is doing AL playoff games, so maybe we won't have to watch there at all. ESPN is the worst for baseball.

YEP. Like lastyear when they were showing player family highlight's DURING THE GAME!!!!!!!!The only downside to the playoffs is when we don't get Len and JD.
I listed to Pat and Ron on the radio and adjusted my TV to match the play by play.

Here is tonight's "rest the guys" lineup. My prediction? If the Dirtybird's are dumb enough to do something stupid again tonight, dugouts are going to empty and Rizzo, Arrieta and Willy will be leading the charge. Just please let no more injuries occur.

LET'S GO 2017 DIVISION CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

DK1P_QpW0AYD1lW.jpg:large

I told my wife...not sure I want to watch now they've clinched. I'd hate to see someone get hurt or STL deliberately trying to hurt someone. Glad Joe is giving most of the guys some deserved rest and giving the other guys more playing time...hopefully get them back in the groove for the playoffs also.

I listed to Pat and Ron on the radio and adjusted my TV to match the play by play.
I'm streaming from reddit (thanks again Robin!). I'm puzzled though...adjust your TV to match the play by play? How do you adjust the TV?

I'm streaming from reddit (thanks again Robin!). I'm puzzled though...adjust your TV to match the play by play? How do you adjust the TV?

I think maybe by pausing for a few seconds to make up for any potential variation in delay. I think it’s even more than the television feed.

When I go to games Ive tried listening to games with an earpiece to AM radio, but one of the most frustrating things is the 10 second or more delay.

During the playoffs the games are on my satellite. I pause the game a tiny bit to sync with the MLB AtBat audio play by play.

What a catch! I thought he was faking it for a moment. Never opened his glove to show the ball... then it was obvious, he’s keeping that one for life.

The 2nd wildcard not wrapped up for the Rockies either. Dodgers are going to want a tune up to an extent, and Brewers facing a demoralized StL.

I’m kinda ticked at the Brewers organization for this year, and they are becoming our true rivals, but like Wisconsinites mostly. Is everyone here pro-Rockies in this regard?

The 2nd wildcard not wrapped up for the Rockies either. Dodgers are going to want a tune up to an extent, and Brewers facing a demoralized StL.

I’m kinda ticked at the Brewers organization for this year, and they are becoming our true rivals, but like Wisconsinites mostly. Is everyone here pro-Rockies in this regard?

I honestly don't give a dang about the 2nd WC spot. It's completely meaningless to me and the Cubs.

upload_2017-9-28_22-8-30.jpeg
Basking in the sheer enjoyment of dashing any hope the Card's had of seeing the playoff's.

Tomorrow's 1:20 game didn't need extra's..we are DONE with STL for the year.

Nice start by Happ...great pitching from Kyle again. I was floored Martinez stood there in the third, never even swung! Bummed the pen gave up the tying run.

If Davis was going for dramatic effect tonight, mission accomplished, lol. Martin, WOW!!!!!! He tracked/timed that perfectly:worship: and Wilson...hanging on to the roster by thinnest of threads. Tseng and Maples looked pretty good.
We take another series~ along with the Division, lol.

Next road trip....the National's

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter