Cheers to Friendship! Oct 2012 Girls Weekend! NEW 4/13 Pg.10 - THE END

Great costumes, and what a fun night for all of you just to be able to go out and act silly and have some laughs! :thumbsup2

We were off to a good start at HS that day! It was nice to stop for the PP pictures and not hear complains from my kids! ;)

But you had me with you.....thou I did my best not to complain about the bazillion pp pictures

I'll add more....
I will try and fill in some of the memory gaps and fun, laughable moments :-)

We had a blast getting ready in our room, listening to Halloween music and Heidi even put up more Halloween decorations in our room.

Make-up took WAY longer to apply then I thought it would. Remember when my lip color was looking really day-glo strange in the bathroom mirror and I kept trying to fix it only to discover that it looked fine in natural light in the bedroom?

I had found an awesome Cruella tutorial online and it was so awesome to see my transformation...Heidi and Amy helped put my Cruella lashes on too.

I'm so glad you wore the wig...it made the costume and teasing and spraying your hair would have taken another hour to do!

As we were heading out of the room, the comedy and Oscar winning performances began! My puppies kept running away and well Darlings, you know how much Cruella loves puppies. Oh those wretched puppies come here!

We would do this all night long....run ahead of Julie/Cruella and she would interact with the crowd

Amy and Heidi remember the guests we saw in the hotel as we were leaving and how they just fussed over us and at first we thought the one lady was in costume ;-) lol

That was so funny. You know when you are about to say something and catch yourself at the last possible second? That was me. I was going to compliment this woman on her Snooki costume for the party when I realized it wasn't a costume :scared:

( let's just say it was a scene from Goodfellas)

Fast forward to dinner, we were enjoying checking out other people and their costumes. One family was dressed up in Star Wars. I know I said something quip. We were having fun!

Remember the whole group of Waldo's?

I loved how guests and CM's alike got into our costumes and would tell the puppies to watch out Cruella was close behind...

I also had a blast joking with other guests and how they were dressed up. I think I one point I saw Harry Potter and called out to him, hey you're in the wrong park lol

When we were lining up to see the "other" Cruella, it was a bit confusing and smashed with guests, and a few guests we think thought I was the actual character and were taking my picture. It was pretty funny.

Tons of people took your picture that night. And we got more time with the Disney Cruella

I know there were plenty of other funny moments.

We were thrilled to get to see the Headless Horseman too, especially after a special meet and greet on the ferry back from the Studios. We met Deb Willis and her partner and we talked quite about. She had asked us to let her know if the Horseman rode that night.

That meeting was funny too because I made you strike up a convo with her partner because she had her arm in this big sling thing.

One other great parade moment was this adorable kid sitting near us that we all struck up a conversation with and he told us all about he loved going to Epacot

He was a good kid

We of course did several trick or treating trails and got some pretty full bags of candy YUM!

We found our MNSSHP party pins too at the end of the night. I think we each got different ones.

Hoping the girls can fill in a few more of the gaps.

Speaking of the morning after....I had got up in the morning to use the washroom and when I laid back down I put my wig on. I believe I scared the crap out of the girls....

And it should be noted that morning after picture was taken in a public hall of the resort, not our room. We got wackier as the weekend went on I think:rotfl:

Joining in! I have been subscribed, but just had a chance to read it all! :goodvibes

All your Boardwalk pictures make me want to stay there again ASAP! It's so beautiful, and that boat ride to DHS is the best.

As I said on Facebook, LOVE your costumes!!!! You guys look amazing and I can see why the CMs and other guests were so into it all with you! It had to be pretty fun to play Cruella! :thumbsup2

The morning after:
148_zps5b87c803.jpg

OH my goodness, this had me :rotfl2:

You guys did great getting some character pictures, we were terrible at that. I love all the ones with Julie and the "other" Cruella's but the official one is the best, she has a scary face! Julie beats the rest, hands down. I can definitely see where some guests would think Julie was the real one.

Fabulous ghost lady pics, she was a highlight of the evening for sure!

What a fun party update!

Intros are great!

Your first day is perfect. Way to start off right with some yummy food from F&W. How awesome that you got free tickets to a wine tasting! That's awesome!

Amy - I love your day 1 shirt - so cute! Actually, I love everyone's day 1 shirts, buts I really like that black and white Mickey!

Nice room view.

Back to read Day 2.

You guys look great and like you were all having a great time... Have to say Julie really, really looks like she' s channelling her inner Cruella... Ummm... it's a teeny bit scary...:eek:

The parade, Hallowishes, all of that so awesome... what a great time for a girl's weekend...:thumbsup2

Especially love your fun at the Haunted Mansion...:hmghost:

We really had a ton of fun that night! Our costumes worked our perfectly - Heidi & I wanted to be comfortable and Julie wanted to go over the top. She played the role of Cruella perfectly & was in character all night!

so much fun, finally checking in and catching up. Can't wait to read more.:)

We had a blast!

Great costumes, and what a fun night for all of you just to be able to go out and act silly and have some laughs! :thumbsup2

Silly we were! It was such a fun night!

But you had me with you.....thou I did my best not to complain about the bazillion pp pictures

:rotfl2: You did a nice job of tolerating all of the photopass pictures!

Joining in! I have been subscribed, but just had a chance to read it all! :goodvibes

All your Boardwalk pictures make me want to stay there again ASAP! It's so beautiful, and that boat ride to DHS is the best.

As I said on Facebook, LOVE your costumes!!!! You guys look amazing and I can see why the CMs and other guests were so into it all with you! It had to be pretty fun to play Cruella! :thumbsup2

:welcome: Glad you found some time to post Brook!

The Boardwalk is absolutely my favorite resort!! I can see why you would want to get back there!

We had so much fun that night!

OH my goodness, this had me :rotfl2:

You guys did great getting some character pictures, we were terrible at that. I love all the ones with Julie and the "other" Cruella's but the official one is the best, she has a scary face! Julie beats the rest, hands down. I can definitely see where some guests would think Julie was the real one.

Fabulous ghost lady pics, she was a highlight of the evening for sure!

What a fun party update!

I guess Julie was still in character the next day! I think Heidi was in the shower... Julie grabbed a sheet off the bed & told me to follow her with a camera. She's too much!

So lame that I am just joining in now.

Back to read!

:welcome: Better late than never!!

Intros are great!

Your first day is perfect. Way to start off right with some yummy food from F&W. How awesome that you got free tickets to a wine tasting! That's awesome!

Amy - I love your day 1 shirt - so cute! Actually, I love everyone's day 1 shirts, buts I really like that black and white Mickey!

Nice room view.

Back to read Day 2.

Starting off with a short walk over to Food & Wine was absolutely the perfect way to start the weekend!

I have to go back and see which shirt I was wearing on day one... but thank you!!

The view was great!

Day 3: Friday 10/12/12 – Today we had a lot of different things planned. We were going to sleep in a little bit after our late night at MNSSHP. We planned to eat a nice relaxing breakfast at Captain’s Grille, then head to Epcot for a little while. We had tickets to the 3D Dessert Party later that night and planned to take a break at BWV in the afternoon.

We took our time heading over to the Yacht Club for breakfast and took some photos along the way.
DSCN3927_zps3945cb52.jpg

DSCN3925_zpsf0441d2e.jpg

DSC02709_zpsdc794800.jpg

DSC02710_zps2f200b0e.jpg

DSCN3928_zps36dff882.jpg

DSCN3929_zpsfa295a41.jpg

DSCN3930_zps0b247b91.jpg

DSCN3931_zpsbc0272ae.jpg

DSCN3932_zps6641a349.jpg

DSCN3933_zpsa27ed112.jpg

DSCN3934_zps079abcf7.jpg

DSCN3935_zps352d576c.jpg

DSCN3936_zps7c632d64.jpg

DSCN3938_zps4fa82ada.jpg

DSCN3939_zps3e6ac5f5.jpg

DSCN3940_zpscda489a4.jpg

DSCN3941_zpsc1a9b838.jpg

DSCN3942_zpsecdb5ed3.jpg

DSCN3943_zps86c5c2b0.jpg

DSCN3944_zps07926731.jpg

DSCN3945_zpscc101ed9.jpg

DSCN3946_zpsda090f28.jpg

DSCN3947_zps3a3910d8.jpg

DSCN3948_zps06008331.jpg

We all got the buffet and really enjoyed the selections. I would definitely return to Captain’s Grille for breakfast again! We were able to stop in without an ADR.

Continued...​

Continued from previous post...

We checked out the rest rooms & kids tv area after breakfast.
DSCN3950_zps0dba6887.jpg

DSCN3951_zps58138cfc.jpg

Then back to BWV:
DSCN3952_zpsd3302b5c.jpg

DSCN3953_zpsab079762.jpg

DSCN3954_zpsd37ecac3.jpg

After breakfast, unfortunately, we didn’t take very many pictures until the evening. I believe we headed over to Epcot for a little shopping, then came back to the room. Here is our only photopass picture for the day.
Photo1440FourBySix_zps07a78091.jpg

After shopping we must have spent some time in the villa relaxing before heading back out to Epcot for the night. Our Epcot goals for today were to grab some fastpasses for Soarin’:
IMG_4645_zpsabf9db3a.jpg

Then to eat at the Food & Wine booths between Canada & Italy before our break back at the villa.
I know I indulged in a double serving of filet at the Canada F&W booth, beyond that, I’m not sure what we ate.
DSC02711_zpsd416f6b9.jpg

Smash Mouth was playing so we sat and enjoyed listening to the music.
DSC02712_zpsee360291.jpg

DSC02713_zps5aa443d1.jpg

DSC02714_zpsca40fec8.jpg

DSC02715_zps666d8094.jpg

150_zpsc4e3edd5.jpg

And that’s about it… I have no idea what else we did until it was time to check in for the Dessert Party. I believe we rode Soarin’ and might have checked out another ride or two??

Maybe Figment?
152_zps89816762.jpg

Continued...

We checked in around 7:30-7:45. After checking in we found ourselves a spot to sit near the big curtain they had across the room. We had heard that seats could be hard to come by so we should get to a table as quickly as possible. One of the CMs whispered to us that when they open the curtain in the middle, we should sneak around the side at the end. ;) Which is exactly what we did!

I had no idea what to expect… Basically it was a HUGE room with a band in the center on one side. There were different food stations set up all over the room. Most of the stations were desserts with a drink station at the end. There was one savory station as well. It was pretty loud in there. The band was playing all “sweet” songs like “I like Candy!” I was starting to come down with a cold so I didn’t feel great that night. With the loud music I really felt like I was in a fog. Here are some pictures from the night.
156_zpsd9e4ba0d.jpg

157_zps3fbc2114.jpg

DSC02718_zpsd1d6297c.jpg

DSC02719_zpse0e77562.jpg

DSC02721_zps9fceb072.jpg

DSC02722_zps01c58eb0.jpg

This was the station right near our table. There was a long line all night – I think it was the savory table.
DSC02723_zpsd64a2564.jpg

One of my plates of food:
154_zps5b806877.jpg

We weren’t sure if we were just supposed to leave for Illuminations or if they would announce something but we noticed people starting to leave around 9:30 so we headed back out toward the door. They were giving out cute gift bags and our special glasses for the event. They had CMs with lights stationed along the route from the party to the private Illuminations area. We followed along & made it to the area right at the bottom of the World Showcase (centered between Mexico & Canada).
Ready for Illuminations with our cool 3D glasses:
DSC02725_zps8ca69799.jpg

DSC02726_zpsb26e0aff.jpg

DSC02727_zpsd9ac0d71.jpg

It was a great spot to view Illuminations from & the glasses made it really fun!

I was still in a bit of a fog so I’m not sure if Julie had sustained another injury or if she was just being goofy!
158_zps4263d2cd.jpg

Then we headed back to the room, but not before finalizing our big plans for the next day… Four parks in one day! Could we do it?​

I have NO idea where I ended so I'll just comment on what I just went through and it may not be in order.

Your pictures of your BWV room is making me very excited to stay there in December. :goodvibes

I always forget about Captain's Grille; we are going to have to do that one of these times (maybe in December).

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your costumes for the MNSSHP. They are absolutely terrific and you all look absolutely great. The photopass pictures all turned out great.

I really like that ONE and only photopass picture from Epcot with your hands full of bags from shopping.

yummo to the dessert party.

Love the Mickey pretzels.

Fun times, four parks in one day, oh boypopcorn::

I have NO idea where I ended so I'll just comment on what I just went through and it may not be in order.

Your pictures of your BWV room is making me very excited to stay there in December. :goodvibes

I always forget about Captain's Grille; we are going to have to do that one of these times (maybe in December).

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your costumes for the MNSSHP. They are absolutely terrific and you all look absolutely great. The photopass pictures all turned out great.

I really like that ONE and only photopass picture from Epcot with your hands full of bags from shopping.

Glad you made it back over to catch up Kathy!

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I think you'll love BWV! And you should definitely check out Captain's Grille. It's a hidden gem because you can get in without an ADR!

We had so much fun at MNSSHP! And shopping at Epcot! ;)

The shopping PhotoPass picture had me :rotfl2:! Love it!

Mmmm...the dessert party looked great!

We had fun shopping! I wish I had felt better at the party because it really was fun!

yummo to the dessert party.

Love the Mickey pretzels.

Fun times, four parks in one day, oh boypopcorn::

I loved the Mickey pretzels! Fun & yummy!

Snow day today so I'm hoping to start the four parks update!

I was absolutely snorting out loud as I was re reading the comments from you all and from Heidi about our MNSSHP night...it was too much fun!

And Amy, I think Julie was a bit tipsy after the dessert party lol

Day Four: Four parks - One day!

The original plan for today had been to head to DHS, possibly AK, do some shopping at MouseGear, lunch at Via Napoli, relax at the resort, then enjoy a “night out” at Jelly Rolls and possibly some dessert at Flying Fish. When we heard that MK was offering “dress rehearsals” to the general public, we decided we couldn’t wait until Sunday to get back there! The obvious plan… hit all four parks!

The day started with EMH at DHS. The night before, I wasn’t exactly sure I’d be making it to park one for EMH. We hadn’t been out that late (Illuminations was at 10pm that night) but I thought for sure I’d wake up feeling awful from the cold that was coming on. I’d run out of cold medicine, but luckily Heidi had her “Italy pills” to share with me. You’ll have to remind me what kind those were, Heidi! They were “Italy pills” because they were the colors of the Italian flag!

I’ll let the photos speak for what we did that morning:

IMG_4646_zpsa81f580f.jpg

IMG_4661_zps44c4a67b.jpg

IMG_4663_zps18eed523.jpg

DSC02728_zpsa24858db.jpg

DSC02729_zps6bc59fd9.jpg

DSC02730_zpsb3d529da.jpg

DSC02732_zpsfb20240d.jpg

DSC02733_zps75f77447.jpg

DSC02734_zps29cf55c3.jpg

DSC02735_zps08b8b2c7.jpg

IMG_4665_zpsaf6cb69b.jpg

IMG_4669_zps164d4b05.jpg

Photo1443FourBySix_zps43e47761.jpg

Photo1447FourBySix_zpsaa0be958.jpg

I think these pictures need an explanation... After riding RnRC, Julie dragged us over to the kids activity area and we decorated cardboard albums. Heidi, apparently inspired by our visit to Star Tours, decided they would make lovely hair pieces.
IMG_4671_zpscfbb52d9.jpg

DSC02737_zps5cbf3888.jpg

DSC02738_zpsee6c1b5c.jpg

IMG_4672_zps8257d8d8.jpg

Photo1450FourBySix_zpsd00b89f9.jpg

Photo1452FourBySix_zpsd00151f9.jpg

After DHS we hopped on a friendship boat. I don’t remember if we stopped at the villa or headed straight to Epcot for lunch… but up next was Via Napoli!
IMG_4680_zps59128e47.jpg

And apparently that is all the photographic evidence we have of our visit to Epcot! Oh wait… Photopass to the rescue!

Photo1457FourBySix_zps91e3da02.jpg

Photo1462FourBySix_zpsf4a2d7ac.jpg

At that point we did return to BWV for a little break and to change into our “girls night out” outfits. ;)

Up next: Parks 3 & 4?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter