Cheers to Friendship! Oct 2012 Girls Weekend! NEW 4/13 Pg.10 - THE END

Hi there! FABULOUS idea for a "Ladies only" trip!! Looks like a great time and I'm loving it so far!
Mom of an Aspie son here! He's 20 & amazing btw! We are dropping in on Disney for a week in April along with my 16 year old daughter. Leaving the Mister at home. He's not a fan of DW like I am! :confused3 I continue to tell him something is wrong with him! LOL!
I hope to keep up on your TR. Thanks for sharing with us! :thumbsup2

Good chance you might run into us.....all 3 of us will be at Disney at the end of April!

It was so great walking over to BLT ( my home) to watch the fireworks. I was thrilled to "show off" a bit of my resort world. It was quite cool, that the lounge was open to any DVC member...not sure if it still is, but if you ever have any opportunity to go up there do it!

I think we had meant to go grab some cupcakes or food first from over in CR, but I think I messed that up. But we had a grand time anyways. I was the only one who got a drink...mmmm....not something I'd do if watching the works w/ the kids.

One of my several injuries occurred again this night too...( I had already banged the back of my thigh at my zero night hotel) as I was returning my drink glass into the lounge, I basically opened the heavy door right onto my toe...didn't quite realize how nasty till back to the room. good thing Heidi had all her foot care bandages.

The boardwalk decor and attention to detail was amazing, I loved it and kept snapping pictures :-)

I am always thrilled to see other doors or windows decorated too! I know there is a picture of our door somewhere....and actually the Halloween clings Heidi brought for our windows and mirrors!

That's right! We did stop & buy cupcakes at the Boardwalk Bakery at some point tonight, I believe. Remember the cupcakes with moldy strawberries on them that we threw away on our last day? :rolleyes:

I forgot about your injuries... that was one nasty black & blue on your thigh!

Oops... I was thiking the decorations were yours but you're right, it was Heidi! You made us one beautiful door though! :thumbsup2

I love your Wishes pictures - great view! Your room is really pretty too, and a pool view without the clown is awesome!

In my opinion, pool view is the least desireable because you pay the same rate/points as boardwalk view but I loved being able to see DHS off the balcony. :thumbsup2

Getting caught up after my week off from the DIS last week with illness and work.

I love the Halloween decorations at the MK and I think we will miss them this year since we are going mid-August...I don't think they are up that early.

What a wonderful view from BLT to watch Wishes, etc. And someone was in trouble I gather because she was on the phone again. ;)

LOVE the view from your room of the pool without the clown (I wouldn't mid that view in December). I do love the decor of the rooms and am getting a little bit more excited about staying at BWV in December.

Glad you are feeling better Kathy! I really love the fall decorations & hope to get down there to see them again this year. I'm not exactly sure when they go up. :confused3

It was great getting to visit the TotWL with Julie's perks.

I think it's so funny that our pool view had trees blocking the clown. Loved it! You will love BWV!!

Kathy as Amy said before that was my first time staying at the BWV and thrilled to get to stay there again in April with Matt :-)

:thumbsup2 It's an AWESOME location, especially during Food & Wine!!

Yes, ma'am, we do - March for me, April for Jill (long story, and I will miss my girls big time in March :sad:), June for six of us, and December for hopefully 9-10 of us. :)

Great shots from BLT! We have watched 4th of July fireworks from up there.

I've sort of been following the long story... and I'm a bit nervous for Jill & her trip. :rolleyes:

I bet those 4th of July fireworks were great from the lounge!

Hi there! FABULOUS idea for a "Ladies only" trip!! Looks like a great time and I'm loving it so far!
Mom of an Aspie son here! He's 20 & amazing btw! We are dropping in on Disney for a week in April along with my 16 year old daughter. Leaving the Mister at home. He's not a fan of DW like I am! :confused3 I continue to tell him something is wrong with him! LOL!
I hope to keep up on your TR. Thanks for sharing with us! :thumbsup2

:welcome: Thanks for reading! When will you be there in April? Sounds like a fun trip!

Love the view for the fireworks & from your resort. Great view!!:thumbsup2

Thanks Doreen! It was a fun first day.

Good chance you might run into us.....all 3 of us will be at Disney at the end of April!

::yes::

Day 2 – Thursday, 10/11/12
We started our day with a lovely boat ride to DHS. I LOVE riding the friendship boats from the Boardwalk area to DHS!
Again, I’m jumping around between different photo sources so excuse me if I get a little bit out of order.
First, some more pictures of our view:
DSC02591_zps30989322.jpg

DSC02593_zps39b3c9b7.jpg

Then down to the boats:
DSC02594_zps85761da1.jpg

DSC02596_zps397db6fb.jpg

DSC02598_zps9c890f27.jpg

DSC02599_zps790cda25.jpg

DSC02601_zpsbb08bfd2.jpg

DSC02602_zps39c70ac1.jpg

First stop… Beach Club/Yacht Club:
DSC02603_zps863190e4.jpg

DSC02606_zps79bdc2d6.jpg

DSCN3882_zps11a60b8e.jpg

There was a bird that looked like an eagle up there on the swan:
DSC02607_zps8c847643.jpg

DSC02610_zpse0ae6862.jpg

DSC02613_zps6f7aa11d.jpg

Almost there:
DSC02614_zpsfad5c655.jpg

Bo!
126_zpscb6a480c.jpg

DSC02615_zpsb826b21d.jpg

Rope drop!
DSCN3885_zps4a2e7084.jpg

What do you do when waiting in line? Take pictures, of course!
DSCN3886_zps253cd715.jpg

DSCN3887_zps8731b0e1.jpg

DSCN3888_zpsec47d972.jpg

DSC02619_zps74168bb1.jpg

First up… Toy Story Mania!
DSC02620_zpse75fcb82.jpg

DSC02621_zps7c97a052.jpg

DSCN3889_zps4cf2cec8.jpg

Continued...​

DSCN3892_zpsa9c2f712.jpg

DSC02622_zpsbcf98871.jpg

DSC02624_zpsbc792bfe.jpg

DSC02626_zps510b9e7d.jpg

DSCN3893_zpseb74212e.jpg

DSCN3894_zps23ca33d1.jpg

DSCN3898_zpsca3531f6.jpg

Based on these pictures, I think Julie & Heidi rode together, Heidi won & had the “best in vehicle” score. Go Heidi!
DSCN3899_zpsc871a546.jpg

DSC02629_zps83a68054.jpg

DSCN3900_zps78cf038c.jpg

DSCN3902_zps70d81453.jpg

Next up was Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster. I think we grabbed fastpasses & rode.
DSCN3906_zps2dc2ffe7.jpg

DSC02631_zpsa416b8a3.jpg

DSCN3907_zps90359412.jpg

DSCN3908_zps5b86ac98.jpg

DSCN3909_zpsd795b7b6.jpg

DSC02632_zpsd4f08c49.jpg

If I remember correctly, the line for Tower of Terror was backed all the way up to the front gate so we had some pictures taken & did a little shopping.
Photo1300FourBySix_zps8eafc744.jpg

Photo1304FourBySix_zpsae82a4f0.jpg

Photo1308FourBySix_zpsc9e5a02c.jpg

Photo1314FourBySix_zps4f81f430.jpg

Photo1315FourBySix_zps23d48d8e.jpg

Photo1320FourBySix_zpsc4a301ff.jpg

DSC02633_zps0d7ed0ed.jpg

DSCN3910_zps5578eae7.jpg

Continued...​

DSCN3911_zps3340359b.jpg

DSCN3913_zps09450db9.jpg

At some point, we stopped at Starring Rolls and got these goodies:
DSCN3914_zps0ecb9816.jpg

DSCN3915_zps567e644c.jpg

DSCN3916_zps6e63d110.jpg

Then we went over & took an animation class:
DSCN3918_zpsa3342528.jpg

DSCN3919_zps8b34bd36.jpg

My Donald:
123_zps4b4c7061.jpg

Group shot:
DSCN3921_zps0e190ada.jpg

At some point, we did make it on Tower of Terror:
DSC02640_zps7be5da35.jpg

We had some more PP pictures taken… these were fun!
Photo1323FourBySix_zps50b177c7.jpg

Photo1327FourBySix_zpsb550624a.jpg

Photo1329FourBySix_zps4863d8f8.jpg

Photo1332FourBySix_zps17793b55.jpg

And more photopass pictures as we headed out of the park…
Photo1340FourBySix_zpsaa5a22fc.jpg

I’m not sure what was going on here…
Photo1343FourBySix_zpse495c03b.jpg

Photo1344FourBySix_zpsde36fa6b.jpg

Photo1347FourBySix_zps37ee7ac3.jpg

Photo1351FourBySix_zps055d5992.jpg

Photo1354FourBySix_zpseed68665.jpg

Photo1356FourBySix_zps5917d276.jpg

Up next: MNSSHP!​

Lovely pool view ladies. Fun and productive morning! Those goodies look SOOOO yummy right about now. Cute magic shot with Chip. I wondered what that border was for and now I know. You all made some fine Donald's too :goodvibes

Looks like a spectacular fun-filled day at HS! I especially love all the Photopass pictures. It's always nice to have those group shots. :)

I can't believe how great all of your Donald sketches turned out.:thumbsup2 I am hoping to do the Animation class on my trip this October...I just hope my skills are as good as you 3!

Yeah, the cupcakes do look yummy!

The Epcot resorts area is so pretty and peaceful, with just the right beach 'vibe' on the BC/YC side and just the right amount of hustle and bustle on the Boardwalk side. It's just perfectly set up, I think.

Fun group shots. :thumbsup2

Hope you are faring well in the snow! :cold:

Loving your report, because (Shhhh, don't tell my kids, but) my most fun trips have been girlfriend trips with my "Princess Posse." In our group, I am Snow White, so I am really relating to you!

And I am sooo jealous of those darling princess hair clips! Those are fantastic!:lovestruc

I wish I could eat one of those cupcakes right now. They are so yummy!!! You girls did a great job on your Donalds.

Looks like a great morning at the studios.

Love the PP pics!:thumbsup2

Looks like some yummy snacks. I got the Butterfinger cupcake last April. It was so good!!

Amy I think you stepped in gum or something like that in that picture we are all looking down at your shoe lol

I love having those boat rides from the Boardwalk area to the Studios...:goodvibes

Really does look like an awesome day...

Love your Donalds :thumbsup2 & you all looked quite brave going on RnRC...

Haven't seen the PP pic of Chip before... very, very cute...

Getting over to TSM very different experience without children in tow... ;)

Good stuff all around...

:surfweb:

Lovely pool view ladies. Fun and productive morning! Those goodies look SOOOO yummy right about now. Cute magic shot with Chip. I wondered what that border was for and now I know. You all made some fine Donald's too :goodvibes

Thanks Cynthia! The pool view without the clown was great! :thumbsup2 I agree about the goodies... I'd love a Disney goodie right now!

I'd never seen that Chip shop before - it was fun!

The animation classes are so fun!

Looks like a spectacular fun-filled day at HS! I especially love all the Photopass pictures. It's always nice to have those group shots. :)

I can't believe how great all of your Donald sketches turned out.:thumbsup2 I am hoping to do the Animation class on my trip this October...I just hope my skills are as good as you 3!

We were off to a good start at HS that day! It was nice to stop for the PP pictures and not hear complains from my kids! ;)

They really make it easy to draw the characters in the animation classes. They go step by step. I bet you'll do great! :thumbsup2

Yeah, the cupcakes do look yummy!

The Epcot resorts area is so pretty and peaceful, with just the right beach 'vibe' on the BC/YC side and just the right amount of hustle and bustle on the Boardwalk side. It's just perfectly set up, I think.

Fun group shots. :thumbsup2

Hope you are faring well in the snow! :cold:

I absolutely love staying at the Epcot resorts! I'm thinking it won't work out for this fall... If I go with my good friend we won't be able to book for a while. The guy I rent DVC points from owns at BWV so we usually have the 11 month advantage... we definitely weren't ready to book at 11 months this time around.

More snow coming tomorrow night!

Loving your report, because (Shhhh, don't tell my kids, but) my most fun trips have been girlfriend trips with my "Princess Posse." In our group, I am Snow White, so I am really relating to you!

And I am sooo jealous of those darling princess hair clips! Those are fantastic!:lovestruc

:welcome: Another Snow White! Friend trips are so much different than family trips. I love them both but it's fun to get away and just worry about myself.

The headbands were a great gift! Julie spent a ton of time trying to find the right things on etsy for us.

I wish I could eat one of those cupcakes right now. They are so yummy!!! You girls did a great job on your Donalds.

Mmmmm... I would love a Disney cupcake right now! I was pretty happy with how our pictures came out. :goodvibes

Looks like a great morning at the studios.

Love the PP pics!:thumbsup2

Looks like some yummy snacks. I got the Butterfinger cupcake last April. It was so good!!

It was a fun morning. The fun night coming up was the best... working on our MNSSHP pictures now.

It was my first time at Starring Rolls... I'll be back!

Amy I think you stepped in gum or something like that in that picture we are all looking down at your shoe lol

Oh right! Gum! :rotfl2:

I love having those boat rides from the Boardwalk area to the Studios...:goodvibes

Really does look like an awesome day...

Love your Donalds :thumbsup2 & you all looked quite brave going on RnRC...

Haven't seen the PP pic of Chip before... very, very cute...

Getting over to TSM very different experience without children in tow... ;)

Good stuff all around...

:surfweb:

The boat rides are the best! :cloud9:

Luckily we are all into the thrill rides. We had a lot of fun together!

It was nice to be able to do the things we wanted to do without the kids! It's fun with them and fun without them!!

The night had finally come… Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party!
Photo1358FourBySix_zpsd8747de1.jpg

Photo1364FourBySix_zpsf8ac3070.jpg

Photo1368FourBySix_zps62975d1d.jpg

Photo1372FourBySix_zps25dafa6a.jpg

Sorry if I jump around… I’m trying to consolidate our pictures & the memories of the specifics are a big foggy!
First on the agenda was dinner! We headed toward Pecos Bills through Adventureland.
More PP pictures:
Photo1377FourBySix_zpsc6e03d6b.jpg

Photo1380FourBySix_zps926a502b.jpg

After dinner we ran into one of Julie’s look alikes:
DSC02647_zps9dce2eae.jpg

And another:
IMG_4577_zpsa4624db1.jpg

And yet another, smaller version:
DSC02650_zpscd19d08e.jpg

We decided to hop in line for Pooh & Friends around 6:45. The party started at 7pm.
Photo1388FourBySix_zps832be5c6.jpg

Next up was Merida:
Photo1395FourBySix_zpscca201f4.jpg

Next we headed toward the castle to see the Villains show. Of course, we stopped for some more photopass pictures:
Photo1405FourBySix_zps196b6c16.jpg

Photo1407FourBySix_zps224b27fc.jpg

Photo1412FourBySix_zpsd9f224db.jpg

DSC02656_zpsd0243a70.jpg

DSC02662_zps13ae6a26.jpg

DSC02664_zps131c387a.jpg

DSC02665_zpsb20ca121.jpg

DSC02667_zps6aac0485.jpg

DSC02668_zps70a959b5.jpg

DSC02670_zps5387dd2d.jpg

DSC02671_zps1bf3180c.jpg

DSC02673_zps59fde858.jpg

After the show, we hopped in line to meet one of the villains… can you guess who?

Wait, that’s not our Cruella??
Photo1417FourBySix_zpscc1b7e5b.jpg

There she is!
Photo1423FourBySix_zps5259c75c.jpg

Continued...

Photo1426FourBySix_zps4756b48a.jpg

After meeting Cruella, I think we found our spot for Hallowishes.
DSC02679_zpsc7c5532d.jpg

DSC02682_zps544a5f08.jpg

DSC02685_zpse3ec4bc7.jpg

132_zps2a9bcc5b.jpg

Then it was off to the Haunted Mansion:

Photo1432FourBySix_zpsf48ad0f4.jpg

We were there twice… these pictures are from the first time. When we went back later, there was a different ghost lady there.
IMG_4575_zps0d47c6aa.jpg

IMG_4576_zps20603784.jpg

She was sooooo funny!!!
133_zps6ab5b5e5.jpg

142_zpsfdeb9d0e.jpg

143_zps6cdbc4d5.jpg

145_zpsad5c3f54.jpg

If you have the chance to listen to her, definitely do it! She was a hoot!

I believe we lined up for the parade next.
DSC02692_zpsa584d21d.jpg

DSC02694_zpsc38a35dd.jpg

DSC02695_zps6351e253.jpg

DSC02697_zpse1be6a00.jpg

DSC02699_zps13b2b5ef.jpg

The memories are even more fuzzy after the parade… and there aren’t many pictures.
Where’s Heidi?
Photo1435FourBySix_zps597e592a.jpg

I think these are on the way out. I just love the decorations & colors!
DSC02703_zps98fe5eb7.jpg

DSC02704_zpse7e77bbb.jpg

DSC02705_zps52345c4e.jpg

DSC02707_zpsd3f87024.jpg

DSC02708_zpse21d01de.jpg

The morning after:
148_zps5b87c803.jpg

Up next: Day 3!

I will try and fill in some of the memory gaps and fun, laughable moments :-)

We had a blast getting ready in our room, listening to Halloween music and Heidi even put up more Halloween decorations in our room.

I had found an awesome Cruella tutorial online and it was so awesome to see my transformation...Heidi and Amy helped put my Cruella lashes on too.

As we were heading out of the room, the comedy and Oscar winning performances began! My puppies kept running away and well Darlings, you know how much Cruella loves puppies. Oh those wretched puppies come here!

Amy and Heidi remember the guests we saw in the hotel as we were leaving and how they just fussed over us and at first we thought the one lady was in costume ;-) lol

( let's just say it was a scene from Goodfellas)

Fast forward to dinner, we were enjoying checking out other people and their costumes. One family was dressed up in Star Wars. I know I said something quip. We were having fun!

I loved how guests and CM's alike got into our costumes and would tell the puppies to watch out Cruella was close behind...

I also had a blast joking with other guests and how they were dressed up. I think I one point I saw Harry Potter and called out to him, hey you're in the wrong park lol

When we were lining up to see the "other" Cruella, it was a bit confusing and smashed with guests, and a few guests we think thought I was the actual character and were taking my picture. It was pretty funny.

I know there were plenty of other funny moments.

We were thrilled to get to see the Headless Horseman too, especially after a special meet and greet on the ferry back from the Studios. We met Deb Willis and her partner and we talked quite about. She had asked us to let her know if the Horseman rode that night.

One other great parade moment was this adorable kid sitting near us that we all struck up a conversation with and he told us all about he loved going to Epacot

We of course did several trick or treating trails and got some pretty full bags of candy YUM!

We found our MNSSHP party pins too at the end of the night. I think we each got different ones.

Hoping the girls can fill in a few more of the gaps.

Speaking of the morning after....I had got up in the morning to use the washroom and when I laid back down I put my wig on. I believe I scared the crap out of the girls....

So many things I forgot about that night! It really was a blast getting dressed up. Julie was an amazing Cruella. Her high school drama club personality was in full force! She played the role perfectly. The other guests & CMs really were very into it!

The next morning... yes, Julie must have laid there in bed with her wig on for quite a while before either of us noticed! I was laying right next to her (we shared the bed) but Heidi, over on the pull out couch, was the one who spotted her first. It was pretty funny!

Thanks for reminding me of all those fun moments Julie!

You guys look great and like you were all having a great time... Have to say Julie really, really looks like she' s channelling her inner Cruella... Ummm... it's a teeny bit scary...:eek:

The parade, Hallowishes, all of that so awesome... what a great time for a girl's weekend...:thumbsup2

Especially love your fun at the Haunted Mansion...:hmghost:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter