Cheers to Friendship! Oct 2012 Girls Weekend! NEW 4/13 Pg.10 - THE END

What adorable headbands. :thumbsup2

Sorry your luck went out with the room being ready.

Thanks for the photos of BWI; we are staying for the very first time in December. I'm not a real fan of clowns and the pool, but I figured I won't be swimming, so we might as well give the resort a whirl and love that it is convenient to Epcot and we can meet Nicki and Todd at the entrance as they walk over from the Dolphin.

Cute headbands! Our room wasn't ready either at the BWV in Oct and I'm going to assume it won't be on our next trip. It can be a bit of a drag waiting for it but looks like you guys got up and out of there pretty quickly and that the weather was lovely.

DVC is funny with the name thing, I've heard so many stories of names messed up on reservations that I always triple check mine. Would have been nice if it was really keys under your door but still wonderful that you didn't have to move.

I loved what I read on your pre trip report, but I don't make it over to PTR land very often so I didn't keep up. Bad follower!

No apologies needed on copying the intro. It is fantastic!

I can't wait to read all about your amazing trip!

Dee

I’ll let Julie chime in about her “Day Zero” travels, as she flew down to Orlando the night before due to her flight time being changed a couple times.

as requested, here's a quick update:

as Amy said I decided not to long before our trip, because I was most :furious: and :sad: that I'd be arriving in on Wed several hours later than the ladies, I changed my flight to fly out Tuesday evening to Orlando and stay at an area hotel for the night. The $ plan was I'd now just take a carryon bag and NOT pay for baggage fees in trade for the new hotel cost....:scratchin hmmm seemed like a good plan....:rolleyes2

I had no major issues flying down accept that our flight was overbooked and several people had to bring their extra carryon bag to the gate to be checked for free :headache:

now I'd have to go to baggage claim after all, which um when was the last time I did that at MCO :confused3

the flight was fine going down, luckily sat next to two quiet ladies. I watched Snow White and the Hunstman on my ipad.

so fast foward to arrival, got in, got the bag, got myself mixed up finding the hotel shuttle pick-up, didnt have to wait long (which I was most thankful for) as the only person on the shuttle back to the Ramada I had my phone in my hand the whole time :rolleyes2

I had this lovely suite for my "me party"

its coming need to get off my phone....

shoot to the next morning and I had my breakfast:

DSCN3706_zps817d9252.jpg

think I have enough creamer? lol

then got to the airport and my luck was w/ me again as the nice shuttle driver dropped me off at arrivals :thumbsup2 instead of at departures as they really should had, I was quite relieved....

I'm IN! Sounds like a blast!
Love the headbands, where did you guys find them? ;)

:welcome: Julie will have to chime in on the headbands... I think she got them from a seller on etsy.

What adorable headbands. :thumbsup2

Sorry your luck went out with the room being ready.

Thanks for the photos of BWI; we are staying for the very first time in December. I'm not a real fan of clowns and the pool, but I figured I won't be swimming, so we might as well give the resort a whirl and love that it is convenient to Epcot and we can meet Nicki and Todd at the entrance as they walk over from the Dolphin.

I feel so much more settled when I've checked into my room but it all worked out OK.

I absolutely love staying at the Boardwalk! I think you will have a great time staying there. Just ignore the clown! ;)

:welcome:

Cute headbands! Our room wasn't ready either at the BWV in Oct and I'm going to assume it won't be on our next trip. It can be a bit of a drag waiting for it but looks like you guys got up and out of there pretty quickly and that the weather was lovely.

DVC is funny with the name thing, I've heard so many stories of names messed up on reservations that I always triple check mine. Would have been nice if it was really keys under your door but still wonderful that you didn't have to move.

Knowing how booked up the resort was for that weekend, I'm really not surprised the room wasn't ready.

The whole name thing was a bit strange! But you'd have thought the CM would have noticed that as a potential issue when we originally checked in. Oh well... that worked out fine too.

I came over from Amy's TR! Can't wait to read along. :goodvibes

:welcome: Hi Kelli! Thanks for joining us!

I loved what I read on your pre trip report, but I don't make it over to PTR land very often so I didn't keep up. Bad follower!

No apologies needed on copying the intro. It is fantastic!

I can't wait to read all about your amazing trip!

Dee

:welcome: Hi Dee!! Glad you found us!

Very cute headbands!

Cannot wait to hear more.

Thanks Doreen! I smile every time I look at my headband!

as requested, here's a quick update:

as Amy said I decided not to long before our trip, because I was most :furious: and :sad: that I'd be arriving in on Wed several hours later than the ladies, I changed my flight to fly out Tuesday evening to Orlando and stay at an area hotel for the night. The $ plan was I'd now just take a carryon bag and NOT pay for baggage fees in trade for the new hotel cost....:scratchin hmmm seemed like a good plan....:rolleyes2

I had no major issues flying down accept that our flight was overbooked and several people had to bring their extra carryon bag to the gate to be checked for free :headache:

now I'd have to go to baggage claim after all, which um when was the last time I did that at MCO :confused3

the flight was fine going down, luckily sat next to two quiet ladies. I watched Snow White and the Hunstman on my ipad.

so fast foward to arrival, got in, got the bag, got myself mixed up finding the hotel shuttle pick-up, didnt have to wait long (which I was most thankful for) as the only person on the shuttle back to the Ramada I had my phone in my hand the whole time :rolleyes2

I had this lovely suite for my "me party"

its coming need to get off my phone....

shoot to the next morning and I had my breakfast:

DSCN3706_zps817d9252.jpg

think I have enough creamer? lol

then got to the airport and my luck was w/ me again as the nice shuttle driver dropped me off at arrivals :thumbsup2 instead of at departures as they really should had, I was quite relieved....

It was so nice that you were able to get to Orlando to meet us when we got off our plane! :thumbsup2 Glad everything when smoothly!!

First stop – Canada!
Me… eating my plain filet.
DSCN3726_zps401c9dc6.jpg

You’ll find lots of random pictures like this… I’m not sure who got this, where they got it or what it is!
DSCN3727_zps673c041e.jpg

Must have been a dessert trio:
DSCN3728_zpsa66db567.jpg

Some sort of pork slider:
DSCN3729_zps26de1cfc.jpg

Me, trying something new:
DSCN3730_zps0dc7e889.jpg

DSCN3731_zps064154d3.jpg

DSCN3732_zpsbe072b22.jpg

DSCN3733_zps2063e587.jpg

Our first F&W beverages... sooooo good!
109_zps70fd42fb.jpg

Happy to be at Disney:
DSC02499_zpsaa2d8629.jpg

DSC02500_zps0c3e0653.jpg

Shrimp on the barbie!
DSCN3737_zpsa958b461.jpg

DSCN3738_zpscb99d387.jpg

DSCN3741_zpsa7abaf12.jpg

DSC02501_zpsa52dae0b.jpg

DSC02502_zpse2bcd4ef.jpg

We checked out the Festival Center & also the Chase Lounge. These creations were super cool:
DSCN3742_zpsdee2c925.jpg

DSCN3743_zps026091d5.jpg

DSCN3745_zpsaef4b1df.jpg

DSCN3746_zpsdb7928a8.jpg

DSCN3749_zps12a7d28c.jpg

DSCN3750_zpsd36a83fb.jpg

DSCN3752_zps663dd646.jpg

Relaxing in the AC with some free sodas!
DSCN3756_zps305934b1.jpg

DSCN3757_zps11eab0ff.jpg

Continued...

Continued...
Bathroom at Chase Lounge:
110_zpsca732d34.jpg

While we were in the lounge, we struck up a conversation with a very nice CM. We told her all about our trip & she was very excited for us to be having some fun solo time without our families. On our way out, the awesome CM found us & offered us free tickets to a wine tasting later that afternoon!
112_zps09a71895.jpg

And we grabbed our free chocolates too! Mmmmmm!
DSCN3759_zps989a366d.jpg

Time to help Agent P!
DSCN3761_zpsc179deb1.jpg

DSCN3763_zpsa5c7a623.jpg

DSC02527_zps09243296.jpg

DSC02528_zps200a31a6.jpg

DSC02529_zps9684318a.jpg

DSCN3766_zps5c3d1aed.jpg

DSCN3771_zps682b48c0.jpg

I think it might have been time to head back to the Festival Center for our wine tasting!
DSCN3772_zps5e6e5b02.jpg

DSCN3774_zpsfc127c1f.jpg

Yup!
DSCN3776_zpsa4c2cc86.jpg

DSCN3777_zps696a7a56.jpg

DSC02531_zps8ced46d6.jpg

I guess Scrappie enjoyed this one best!
DSCN3779_zps21eb3318.jpg

I think Heidi & I agreed.

Time for more food!
DSCN3781_zps83b6c081.jpg

DSCN3782_zpsffc1405f.jpg

DSCN3783_zps92fa13c2.jpg

DSCN3784_zpsec109b1c.jpg

DSCN3787_zpsaac05b94.jpg

Watch out! Things were getting WILD & CRAZY!
DSCN3788_zps4f82be88.jpg

DSCN3789_zpsf5b555d9.jpg

I enjoyed something???
DSCN3793_zps751ab895.jpg

Continued...​

Continued...

Some random Epcot pictures…
DSC02532_zpsf2bdee23.jpg

DSC02534_zpse1641231.jpg

DSC02537_zpsdb66c3c6.jpg

DSC02544_zps10168f0b.jpg

Have you ever listened to Spaceship Earth in Japanese? Thanks to Julie, I have! :rotfl2:
DSCN3795_zps7058204c.jpg

DSCN3799_zpse3a0f1fe.jpg

DSCN3800_zps84c8aeba.jpg

DSCN3804_zps7bd532aa.jpg

I believe we decided to head off to MK next.
DSCN3780_zps9b4baacc.jpg

114_zpsf9951379.jpg

Our Photopass pictures from Epcot:
Photo1273FourBySix_zpsf1e0b990.jpg

Photo1266FourBySix_zpsd02d0ce7.jpg

Photo1279FourBySix_zps9123adcc.jpg

Photo1286FourBySix_zps23af67c5.jpg

Up next: Our afternoon/evening at MK!

156681_4791350500357_1111178537_n.jpg

I'm so glad you two wanted to do the wine tasting because it's something I would have turned down as I don't drink wine. The wine tasting cemented the fact that I don't like wine....lol.....but it was a fun experience.

576354_4791349820340_631653887_n.jpg

I think we could have stayed in that Chase Lounge for hours.....it sort of set the tone of the trip that we were going to do what we felt like at the time....plans be damned.

Wow you scored with the wine tasting tickets. I would love to do that some time but DH is NOT a wine drinker.

Aw seeing F&W pics is making me so anxious to go back in Oct. We skipped it this past year but so anxious to go back.

What a fun update! There are two things we've not done -- Flower & Garden and Food & Wine...one of these days.

You can tell by the pictures that you three girls were having a "great" time.

Love the photopass pictures.

I am loving your picture heavy TR! You can definitely tell that you ladies had a wonderful time on your trip. I can't wait to see more! :)

I'm enjoying the pictures of the food, definitely some different things than what I had so fun to see. I still can't believe I never noticed the chocolate art back by the lounge, we were in the Festival center at least 4 times, including the lounge.

Free seminar tickets, that is so fun, even if you don't like wine. Neat to be part of the experience.

Looks like a perfect afternoon so far!

First the headbands:

I wanted to give the ladies a gift that went w/ our theme for the trip PRINCESSES

I searched for multiple ideas on Esty and we decided on headbands, I looked at several different sellers and need up buying from daniellimb

(Sorry no link for you all, posting from my iPad)

She did a great job and I got 3 (plus shipping) for $25

F&W YUM!!!!! Oh I can't tell you how fun it was to be noshing around the world again, if you never experienced F&W, put it on your Disney Bucket list!

And yes the crazies of Julie were upon us ;-)

Japanese on SSE...Amy was like "no you didn't" LOL

I thought maybe we'd still hear Dame Lady Dench but w/ the Japanese subtitles....um no...so it was actually quite hilarious, especially picking our future

Can't wait to get to MK, what did we do first, I wonder?

Julie

Joining in, can't wait to hear more about this girls trip. I so want to do that someday.

I've been absent from the boards for a long while since we didn't do Disney in 2012, but with an August trip booked, I'm back. I went back to my last TR and started looking up some of my "friends" from there to catch up, so glad I found this. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter