Casey Anthony trial- verdict is in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They say that she is going to rake in big bucks for interviews, ect.....
I say let her talk, the more she talks the more she seems to be guilty....she was not able to keep her story straight this whole time so if she does go and open her mouth im sure she will slip it is only a matter of time........
I am certain a greater punishment then jail is waiting for her, maybe it is a good thing that she will not be behind bars under guard and key for much longer.........

Jeopardy is now applied. She can not be tried again in a criminal court for those same charges in this case. She is facing a civil lawsuit by someone she allegedly slandered.

Jeopardy is now applied. She can not be tried again in a criminal court for those same charges in this case. She is facing a civil lawsuit by someone she allegedly slandered.

That's not really true. She can be charged again in criminal court on different charges. I hope that she and George Anthony are both charged this week.

My comments are based on what was said in the above quote; no where did I state I was mad (I just disagreed). I know many educated, well-respected people that do not have faith in the legal system in the United States. I would still refer to them as being members of a civilized society. Uncivilized would imply that they are reckless, non-contributing individuals which is not the case. Maybe I am not reading the meaning of the comment as it was intended?

If you don't trust the legal system, what other system would take it's place? Every civilized country in the world uses some form of a judge and jury system. Yes, there may be room for improvent, and yes, no system is perfect, but unless you're willing to suggest a better system, you can't blame the system itself.

Very familiar with the law..........however that is not what I was talking about. Even if she is out free as a bird it does not mean she will not slip. She is pure evil, her day will come and in her case many are saying it is best she is not behind the saftey of a jail house walls.........

It's very disheartening to hear on the news that the defense is cheering and drinking champagne right now. A child is dead, after all. How is that something to celebrate? :sad2:

That's not really true. She can be charged again in criminal court on different charges. I hope that she and George Anthony are both charged this week.

Doubtful that the state will take any additional action against Casey, Cindy, or George Anthony for perjury.

“Reasonable doubt can be a killer” as someone just told me. I hate :furious: that she got off with only lying to law enforcement. Caylee did not deserve what happened to her. I wholly believe Casey knows something about her death; if not perpetrated it herself. It sickens me to know she was ever a mother. Sadly, this is one of the things that happens within a system set up to "protect the innocent". Please don’t misunderstand; I do believe our justice system works more often than it doesn't. However, I feel this time the state failed Caylee more than the jury did.

I do believe in our justice system, however, I think that it is also skewing towards the rights of the accused rather than the rights of the victims. In this case, the victim was a tiny girl who's voice was snuffed out so horrifically. And the accused is seen partying, having sex and getting a tattoo while her daughter is missing. It's kind of hard to see the justice today... sorry.:sad2:
Well said.

No she can not be tried again......that does not mean she will not get what is coming to her....
Agree. You can't be retried for the same crime...It would be considered double jeoprardy.

It's very disheartening to hear on the news that the defense is cheering and drinking champagne right now. A child is dead, after all. How is that something to celebrate? :sad2:
I totally agree. :sad2:

Sometimes, the system is the problem. The jurors would have been smarter to use a little more Occam's razor in this case.

The problem with using this precept is that it is essentially a recommendation to tend toward simple explanations, but this is not a valid form of evidence. It may be very helpful in trying to find evidence, but just because something can be reasoned because it is simple, does not by any stretch of the imagination mean that it is correct, especially beyond a reasonable doubt.

Casey Anthony was very clearly involved in one way or another. She covered up the fact that she knew where her "missing" daughter's body was, and she has been convicted of lying to the police for that.

The reason I think that there was insufficient evidence to convict her of murder was pretty simple: according to the coroner the death was a homicide, but there was no method listed...there was not enough good evidence to show how Casey might have murdered Caylee, therefore, since no method was determined it would be virtually impossible to say that Casey did it...It would be a leap in reasoning which leads to reasonable doubt.

I think that I agree with most here in that she probably did do it...if not, she was very heavily involved in covering it up.

I do have to agree with DisneyDayCanada with regards to the system. It worked as the system is intended to work. The system is not necessarily designed to punish people, but rather protect them by making sure that there is no reasonable doubt. If we allow public opinion to color a murder trial, we will no doubt lynch everyone who is ever convicted of murder.

I am not defending the verdict or Casey, but, why so many call-outs for revenge/karma on this thread? How will that make this situation any better?

It sickens me that a little girl has lost her life, but, if Casey were to walk out of court tomorrow and get hit by a bus, I would still feel sick about the death of this little girl.

I am not defending the verdict or Casey, but, why so many call-outs for revenge/karma on this thread? How will that make this situation any better?

It sickens me that a little girl has lost her life, but, if Casey were to walk out of court tomorrow and get hit by a bus, I would still feel sick about the death of this little girl.

I would normally agree with you. In this case, I think it's because Casey has shown no remorse. She spent a month after her daughter's disappearance partying, and lying about where her 2 year old was. Every time she has spoken about Caylee, it's been completely without emotion as if Caylee were a dog who had run away.

It's textbook sociopath behavior. Thus, the many call-outs for karma.

I think this has become such a highly publicized case that many have formed an opinion and feel strongly about it. Some have an emotional connection because they knew someone who was in a situation like this or were themselves. Others feel connected because they have children or work in childcare, education, etc. Still, others follow law or even work in the field. As a result, it can be difficult for some individuals to discuss this when another opposes your view. Many feel so invested in this case that they are expressing their thoughts freely and as they pop into their heads. This may be why you see such a strong reaction.

I don't believe in Karma. I don't believe it exists. I think it seems like it does, because stupid people continue to do stupid things and eventually they get caught. That is the law of averages, not Karma.

Anyway, the problem with this case is that the state shot for the moon. They wanted the Death Penalty and to get that you'd better have an airtight case. Theirs was far from it.

Agree no act of revenge / karma will bring back that sweet little girl however if Casey walked out of the court / jail tomorrow and got hit by a bus and died I would have to say she got off easy. At least her parents and loved ones (if she has any left) would have the peace of heart to know what happened to her and how her life ended, they would also have the option to take that loved one and give her a proper barial and lay her to rest.
All of that is more then Caylee got. Will we ever know how that little girls life came to end? She was left for the animals to pick apart in a swamp.......
I say Casey deserves much worse then getting hit by a bus......

This whole thing is crazy....the Mother the person in charge of a childs safety does not report her child missing for 30+ days and holds no responsibility in the end result that her child met.......there is something wrong with this.

I've been reading up about this double jeopardy (as since 2005 it no longer exists in the UK, as people can be re-tried if new and sufficient evidence comes to light), with this in mind I wonder why they brought her to trial now, when there were still so many holes in her case.

Don't get me wrong, from my limited understanding, it doesn't take too many leaps in imagination to believe she did it, but in a good case there shouldn't be any leaps in imagination. It just leaves it wide open for reasonable doubt.

I think life will be very difficult for this woman, whether or not she rots in jail.

Does no one remember the LA riots after the Rodney King verdict? It's sad to see that we haven't learned anything from the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter