Casey Anthony trial- verdict is in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's someone on Nancy Grace right now bringing up the fact that Casey's female bodyguard said Casey talked about Caylee in the past tense even before the body was found, the tattoo, how she was treating it like a slumber party, etc.

Paul, you don't think it's okay to judge someone who admits to being the last person to see her child alive, and then spent a month lying about it and partying?

If you want to consider yourself a civil society, you have to trust your judicial system. You make not like the results 100% of the time, but you have to believe that it does the best it can.

In Canada you can be re-tried if found not guilty. I am not a lawyer, so I don't really know the details of the difdferences between the US and Canada systems, but I know that this is one large difference.

If you want to consider yourself a civil society, you have to trust your judicial system. You make not like the results 100% of the time, but you have to believe that it does the best it can.

I strongly disagree. Just because one does not agree with the verdict, does not make them uncivilized.

I strongly disagree. Just because one does not agree with the verdict, does not make them uncivilized.

And where did I say that? No system is perfect, but you still have to trust in the system if you want to consider yourself a civilized society. Otherwise, what alternatives are there? Judging by popular opinion?

If you want to be mad at someone or something, blame the prosecutors for not proving their case, not the system as a whole.

That woman needs to be committed. Convicted of murder or not she's obviously a Grade A Nut-job.

Love the calls for Dexter.........
If there was ever a time..............or a person.........

I really wanted to hear what the jury had to say, but I'm not surprised they didn't talk. I'm sure they are waiting for their payday for their time on the jury.

I hate the fact that she is going to make money off the death of her child. Makes me sick.

I just pray that she does not EVER have another child.

And where did I say that? No system is perfect, but you still have to trust in the system if you want to consider yourself a civilized society. Otherwise, what alternatives are there? Judging by popular opinion?

If you want to be mad at someone or something, blame the prosecutors for not proving their case, not the system as a whole.

Sometimes, the system is the problem. The jurors would have been smarter to use a little more Occam's razor in this case.

They say that she is going to rake in big bucks for interviews, ect.....
I say let her talk, the more she talks the more she seems to be guilty....she was not able to keep her story straight this whole time so if she does go and open her mouth im sure she will slip it is only a matter of time........
I am certain a greater punishment then jail is waiting for her, maybe it is a good thing that she will not be behind bars under guard and key for much longer.........

They say that she is going to rake in big bucks for interviews, ect.....
I say let her talk, the more she talks the more she seems to be guilty....she was not able to keep her story straight this whole time so if she does go and open her mouth im sure she will slip it is only a matter of time........
I am certain a greater punishment then jail is waiting for her, maybe it is a good thing that she will not be behind bars under guard and key for much longer.........

It's my understanding that she cannot be charged again.

Very well put. :thumbsup2

Nikki, I think you twisted what Paul was saying. There seems to be a lot of emotions clouding the logic of the case. I am sure no one on here has ever been judged prematurely, socially or otherwise?

Innocent until proven guilty and that has to be applied uniformly.

My comments are based on what was said in the above quote; no where did I state I was mad (I just disagreed). I know many educated, well-respected people that do not have faith in the legal system in the United States. I would still refer to them as being members of a civilized society. Uncivilized would imply that they are reckless, non-contributing individuals which is not the case. Maybe I am not reading the meaning of the comment as it was intended?

You have to understand, people are VERY upset at this verdict. I'm not sure why you are defending the verdict so vehemently, but that's your own business..... I think right now people are looking at our own children and wondering how would we react. Yes, that's right, SHEER DEVASTATION. But you didn't see that. You saw a girl with a face like granite. Who's only real emotion is when her own life was spared.
The great thing about America, people are entitled to an opinion, such as you are. And we are voicing their opinion. And we are outraged. It's an incredibly sad and tragic thing.

I do believe in our justice system, however, I think that it is also skewing towards the rights of the accused rather than the rights of the victims. In this case, the victim was a tiny girl who's voice was snuffed out so horrifically. And the accused is seen partying, having sex and getting a tattoo while her daughter is missing. It's kind of hard to see the justice today... sorry.:sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter