Casey Anthony trial- verdict is in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No jury finds anyone innocent. They are instructed to say guilty or not guilty. Inferring a "not guilty" verdict as "we think the accused is guilty you just didn't prove it" is disgusting...

That is what the juror stated. Innocence is implied. The jury found her not guilty based on the evidence that was given. The jurors acted properly and followed the law. They did not let their personal feelings interfere with the law.

I don't think being upset about the verdict is wasted energy. If, as I suspect it will, this verdict prompts a new law that makes it a felony not to report your child's disappearance, Caylee will have maybe saved some other children from harm.

Although it wasn't my initial intent on this thread, personal attacks and snide remarks deserve comments at some point.

I'm sorry, once again it's been proven that there are one set of rules for regular people, and another for moderators and the "chosen few". If I made similar comments to yours about people here, I would be penalized or banned.

Your bulletin board, your rules. Try following them sometimes.

Not broken a single rule here.

You have an opinion. I have an opinion.

The difference is that I'm not telling anyone to get a life or that they are shallow.

And I'm just reusing your words.

I don't think being upset about the verdict is wasted energy. If, as I suspect it will, this verdict prompts a new law that makes it a felony not to report your child's disappearance, Caylee will have maybe saved some other children from harm.

I highly doubt that. Anyone who would even consider not reporting their child missing for a month isn't going to change their mind because there is a law requiring it. It is just a feel good reactionary law. What it would do is provide the jury with another charge to consider in the extremely rare case it is needed but after the damage is already done.

If you take a step back and think about how many times this scenario actually happens (a missing child not being reported for a month) I think any objective person will realize that not only will it not effect that many people in the end but it is distracting us from much more pressing matters that will effect a lot of people.

Of course the whole trial, verdict, aftermath carade is doing just that, distracting us from things that are much more pressing.

I really don't understand why people are so upset that there is a lot of attention to this trial. How can there not be? It's so unique in so many ways. It gets people talking about the judicial process, about the court system, about relationships within families, etc.

Additionally, these type of trials are events that mark generations. People who were old enough remember the OJ trial. If you're old enough you'll remember the Menendez trial, and before that Son of Sam. In some ways, the people of a nation unite amidst unspeakable horrors like these.

To think that people are so swept up by it that they are distracted from what's important is a bit silly, IMO. Do you really think people have stopped going to work and have stopped working with charities because they want to talk about the Casey Anthony trial?

I really don't understand why people are so upset that there is a lot of attention to this trial. How can there not be? It's so unique in so many ways. It gets people talking about the judicial process, about the court system, about relationships within families, etc.

Additionally, these type of trials are events that mark generations. People who were old enough remember the OJ trial. If you're old enough you'll remember the Menendez trial, and before that Son of Sam. In some ways, the people of a nation unite amidst unspeakable horrors like these.

To think that people are so swept up by it that they are distracted from what's important is a bit silly, IMO. Do you really think people have stopped going to work and have stopped working with charities because they want to talk about the Casey Anthony trial?

Thank you.

You can be interested in this trial and still live your life and do good things.

For some reason this case touched my heart from the beginning. I'm not sure why exactly, but I've been following it since the beginning. I remember going to WDW while Caylee was still thought to be missing and flying over the woods and swamps and being so sad thinking she might be in there somehwhere. I still held my job, spent time with my family, volunteered to make care packages for soldiers, go to the movies, ect, ect...I will admit the last month watching the trial I may have been a tad obsessed, but it was like reading a really fascinating loooong book and coming to the end to learn the outcome. I'm sure why anyone would care that I cared.

This verdict has been bugging me all week, I've read every single response on this thread and no one else said it, but I will, it's all I've thought about...

“Scott Peterson case"

There was no cause of death determined. As with Caylee, the body was in too far an advanced state of decomposit*ion to determine cause of death. The prosecution argued in their closing that in all "likelihood" she was probably strangled.

As the coroner did in this case, the cornoner in the Peterson case came to the conclusion that manner of death was murder, based upon where the body was found, circumstances surrounding her disappearance, etc.

The ONLY piece of forensic evidence was ONE single strand of Laci's hair wrapped in a pair of pliers on Scott's boat.

It was a case with far less hard evidence than in this case, yet that jury took 7 days to come to a verdict. They looked at and reviewed the evidence, asked the judge questions, viewed documents, requested read back of testimony. The Anthony jury did none of that.”

Scott Peterson was convicted based on his lies and actions, hhhmmm
just like Casey, but she is walking, so very sad

DH and I are genuinely disturbed by this verdict, which I guess makes us shallow somehow :confused3, but it is absolutely heartbreaking that this innocent little child was killed, probably by the person who should have loved her the most, and now it appears there will not even be justice for her death. Even worse, Casey Anthony will probably make a big pile of money by selling her story and will now enjoy her "beautiful life". It seems like it just sits wrong with a lot of people.

This verdict has been bugging me all week, I've read every single response on this thread and no one else said it, but I will, it's all I've thought about...

“Scott Peterson case"

There was no cause of death determined. As with Caylee, the body was in too far an advanced state of decomposit*ion to determine cause of death. The prosecution argued in their closing that in all "likelihood" she was probably strangled.

As the coroner did in this case, the cornoner in the Peterson case came to the conclusion that manner of death was murder, based upon where the body was found, circumstances surrounding her disappearance, etc.

The ONLY piece of forensic evidence was ONE single strand of Laci's hair wrapped in a pair of pliers on Scott's boat.

It was a case with far less hard evidence than in this case, yet that jury took 7 days to come to a verdict. They looked at and reviewed the evidence, asked the judge questions, viewed documents, requested read back of testimony. The Anthony jury did none of that.”

Scott Peterson was convicted based on his lies and actions, hhhmmm
just like Casey, but she is walking, so very sad

I agree. People have been convicted of murder in cases where there has not even been a body. The Scott Peterson case was similiar in evidence to Casey Anthony. His attorney Mark Geragos in his opening statement put out the theory that Laci was kidnapped by a van full of hippies. :rolleyes: Different jury. No way to really explain it.

I agree. People have been convicted of murder in cases where there has not even been a body. The Scott Peterson case was similiar in evidence to Casey Anthony. His attorney Mark Geragos in his opening statement put out the theory that Laci was kidnapped by a van full of hippies. :rolleyes: Different jury. No way to really explain it.

I know **sigh**
It's just that every time I hear one of the jurors say "No cause of Death"
I scream "Scott Peterson" at the tv, can't help myself
I even heard 2 of the alternate jurors call Casey a "Good Mom"

:confused3

Really.

Is that how you focus your attention on making yourself happy and making a difference?

Just askin.....:rolleyes1

And I get an infraction for sarcasm? Really? None on your part at all.

Next time you want to punish someone for having a difference of opinion, be man enough to do it yourself, don't tell a minion to do it.

And I get an infraction for sarcasm? Really? None on your part at all.

Next time you want to punish someone for having a difference of opinion, be man enough to do it yourself, don't tell a minion to do it.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm in Hawaii.

And I have no problem telling you what I think.....but I'm guessing you know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter