Caribbean Beach FAQ Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which island does the bus stop @ first going to a park? Which is last? Thanks! Better yet....whats the order? LOL

I posted this on the refillable mug thread, but thought it would make more sense to ask here. Does anyone know if they have cherry coke (for the refillable mugs/not cans or bottles) at the CBR? Most places might offer coke, but not cherry coke so I'm really curious. Thanks!

I can tell you in 6 days. :)

So are there 2 buses per park or do different parks start at different spots?

No, there is only 1 bus route per park. Some just start in Jamaica, and others start in Martinique. It used to be that certain park buses started in Jamaica and certain park buses started in Martinique, but anymore it doesn't seem to be set.

I posted this on the refillable mug thread, but thought it would make more sense to ask here. Does anyone know if they have cherry coke (for the refillable mugs/not cans or bottles) at the CBR? Most places might offer coke, but not cherry coke so I'm really curious. Thanks!

I don't remember Cherry Coke, I remember Coke, Diet Coke, Barq's Rootbeer, Lemonade, Powerade, and Orange soda, and I think a Sprite type drink. Sorry.

Woot!!! My family is going for Christmas and we're staying at Caribbean Beach!!!! :cool1: :cool1:

I have loved this resort since we stayed here in 1999 to celebrate my sister's college degree and my first masters degree. Given that it was my first on-property, it really does hold a special place in my heart!! :hug:

Mom and Dad will get there on the 23rd and I'll fly in the next morning (I teach, and we don't get out until the end of the day on the 23rd...and the only flights that I could make that evening didn't get in until midnight or later. So I'm flying Christmas Eve and will be landed by 9:15, hopefully on my way by 10 since we're doing Magical Express!

For someone who has recently been to the CBR, do you know if they are still offering the Pirate Adventure Cruise? And, if they are, how much is it? Thanks!

We went the first week of May and my kids did the cruise. It was $72 for the both of them, so $36 for one child including tax. They loved it, much more than I thought they would. They still talk about it often. They were fed a snack of pretzels, goldfish, Rice Krispie treat, a juice box, and they had water while on the boat.

We just booked the CBR for September with free dining :banana:.
I have been reading this board (love it!), but was wondering two things.

Maybe I missed this info, but, in the photos of the pool, it looks like there are 2 slides...are there? I know my boys are looking forward to the slides...and hoping they are long.

Also, if a dslr camera won't fit into the in-room safe, can you leave it in a safe at a the front desk/custom house? I am not even sure whether to bring it or not, but if I do I don't think I will want to use it every day or at every park. I'm just not sure what to do with it on those days I don't bring it with me.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe I missed this info, but, in the photos of the pool, it looks like there are 2 slides...are there? I know my boys are looking forward to the slides...and hoping they are long.

Also, if a dslr camera won't fit into the in-room safe, can you leave it in a safe at a the front desk/custom house? I am not even sure whether to bring it or not, but if I do I don't think I will want to use it every day or at every park. I'm just not sure what to do with it on those days I don't bring it with me.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, there are 2 slides at the main pool. One is shorter and open. The other is longer and enclosed. My younger son loved the shorter slide and I couldn't keep my older son off the longer one!! He swears it is "the best slide ever"! :cool1:

I'm not sure about the camera/safe thing. Maybe someone else can help you there. . .

Thanks in advance.

As previous poster mentioned, yes they have (2) slides.
I don't know this for a fact, but I would think that the hotel would have a safe that you could put it in when not in use. Another option is maybe put the camera in small bag and(so that no one can see what it is) and get a locker at a theme park to leave it in?

I am so happy to hear about the 2 slides! My boys will love the pool!:yay:
Thanks for the responses!

I think I will just leave the camera at the front desk safe when I am not using it...I will call to make sure they have one.

:cool1::cool1: My countdown timer says 1 day, 6 hours until DS8 and I leave for Disney! :cool1::cool1:

I can't wait - it's a surprise for my son and keeping it a secret is about to undo me! (That means about 1 day, 4 hours until I tell him the truth.) I'm a confirmed deluxe girl and DVC member, but I'm still kind of excited to try CBR - I think DS is going to love the pool and the pirate room!

If anyone has any questions about current stuff at CBR, let me know and I'll try to look for answers! :goodvibes

Does anyone know if they sell the nemo plush pillow at CBR? They had them last year at the living seas pavillion and Epcot. I would like to get the girls these.

I am so happy to hear about the 2 slides! My boys will love the pool!:yay:
Thanks for the responses!

I think I will just leave the camera at the front desk safe when I am not using it...I will call to make sure they have one.

I don't think I would ever leave my DSLR at the front desk. I would take it with you if you don't want to leave it in your room. I have teakne mine on 2 trips and never had a problem when I left it in the room. But the second trip I found that I just loved my pictures much better from the DSLR so I took it almost everyday. I had a decent bag, and last Christmas got a better bag to haul it around in. It really wasn't bad carrying it around. I actually carried it on my neck most of the day and just put it in the bag on certain rides.

No, a dSLR will not fit in the in-room safe.

I don't know off-hand if concierge would hold it for you. You could always pull a trick my old instructor used. When he was doing travel shoots, he purchased a wire mesh bag and would lock it to the plumbing. However his set-up was, if someone really wanted to take it, they'd have to bust open the pipes to get it out, which would ruin his gear and be useless to the thiefs.

:cool1::cool1: My countdown timer says 1 day, 6 hours until DS8 and I leave for Disney! :cool1::cool1:

I can't wait - it's a surprise for my son and keeping it a secret is about to undo me! (That means about 1 day, 4 hours until I tell him the truth.) I'm a confirmed deluxe girl and DVC member, but I'm still kind of excited to try CBR - I think DS is going to love the pool and the pirate room!

If anyone has any questions about current stuff at CBR, let me know and I'll try to look for answers! :goodvibes

If you get a chance, can you check and see what drinks are offered for the refillable mug? I saw a picture of the soft drink machine from about a year ago. It is kind of fuzzy so I can't see what all they offer. I know you mentioned before that you could check, but I just thought I would remind you. ;) Thanks!!!! :goodvibes

Has anyone ever walked from the Caribbean resort to Hollywood Studios?

Has anyone used the Garden grocer to have food/drinks delivered to your room? Do you need to know your room number when ordering? Do you have to have a cell phone for them to call you when you are there?
Thanks for any info you can give me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter