Caribbean Beach FAQ Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I waited to long to make up my mind which moderate I wanted. I wanted POR. Called today and the only thing for my 10 day stay in a moderate was CBR. So that is where we are staying for the first time.

I came to post this and it was a bit funny that the CBR thread was the first one. Maybe this is a sign.

Maybe it is a sign. I am sure that you'll love the CBR. We just got back from a 10 day stay there. I just posted pictures in my "Who Knew Choking Each Other" report if you want to take a look around.

JUst got back from a quick stay at CBR and we really liked it. Awesome pool!! The kids wanted to go swimming everyday. Rooms are just as spacious as deluxe rooms we've stayed at. The resort is even bigger than I could imagine and that's my only complaint. We used the internal bus system alot b/c we were in bldg 39 and it seemed like the farthest room from everything. I actually think we were closer to POP. The boys(Including DH) loved the pirate themed room. Good food court. The custom house being seperate from everything was also a bit of an inconvience, but still a great resort. :goodvibes

Here are two pictures that I took of the dresser and television and the hookup thingy that was built into the dresser. Hopefully, this will be of help to you.

SANY2376.jpg

SANY2377.jpg

Thanks MTT! That pic completely answers my question, and it was the answer that I hoped I would get :thumbsup2

btw....looking foward to your next trip report post!

Thanks MTT! That pic completely answers my question, and it was the answer that I hoped I would get :thumbsup2

btw....looking foward to your next trip report post!

I took those pictures because I remembered somebody else asking the hookups before. So glad they were of help to you.

Glad to have you reading the trip report. Don't know if you've read it yet but I posted an installment yesterday.

Hi
I am not sure if this has been answered yet but do they show movies by the pool at this resort during the summer?

In all of our 5 stays at the CBR, I haven't seen them showing movies by the pool. I do remember that, when the pool was undergoing rehab, they played games outside of Old Port Royale.

JUst got back from a quick stay at CBR and we really liked it. Awesome pool!! The kids wanted to go swimming everyday. Rooms are just as spacious as deluxe rooms we've stayed at. The resort is even bigger than I could imagine and that's my only complaint. We used the internal bus system alot b/c we were in bldg 39 and it seemed like the farthest room from everything. I actually think we were closer to POP. The boys(Including DH) loved the pirate themed room. Good food court. The custom house being seperate from everything was also a bit of an inconvience, but still a great resort. :goodvibes

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The size of the resort can be a little intimidating but, like you said, guests can always use the internal bus system.

Let us know if you start a trip report, as I am sure there are lots of us that would love to read about your adventures.

Hi all,

I've seen some pictures of the new TV stands with the flat screens on them, and in some, it looks like there's a panel in the front of the stand itself with plugs for a laptop or DVD player?

Am I seeing something that isn't there, or can someone confirm this for me? I know my sister would be interested in bringing a DVD player or laptop down to have some movies available for nap time or bedtime with her little ones.

Thanks!

Note that the back of the TV also has inputs for 5-jack component cables in addition to the much-easier-to-use HDMI and RCA inputs on the front panel.

Repeating my question from a few days ago...

Does anyone know when CBR is going to start offering RAC service for Southwest?

Note that the back of the TV also has inputs for 5-jack component cables in addition to the much-easier-to-use HDMI and RCA inputs on the front panel.

Thanks Tara - sounds like we'll be covered for all possible options :cool1:

Hi everyone, new to the site, and looking forward to a WDW trip September of 2011. Planning on booking CBR. Just looks like fun for the kids, and maybe the adults too!
Looks like I need to spend a month reading all the posts on this thread!

Does the rooms mostly the pirate rooms have dvd players already in them?? Just saw the hook ups in the one picture!!! THinking of taking some movies for the Kids, but don't want to bother if there's no players!!

Maybe it is a sign. I am sure that you'll love the CBR. We just got back from a 10 day stay there. I just posted pictures in my "Who Knew Choking Each Other" report if you want to take a look around.

Thanks you trip report has been great. We are also there for a 10 day stay.

Does the rooms mostly the pirate rooms have dvd players already in them?? Just saw the hook ups in the one picture!!! THinking of taking some movies for the Kids, but don't want to bother if there's no players!!

I didn't see any dvd players already there.

No DVD players in the rooms that I know of.

Thanks you trip report has been great. We are also there for a 10 day stay.

Ten days is a great amount of time to spend in Disney (if you can't stay more....which my boss won't let me do). It allows enough time to do the parks and relax.

Update on RAC:

Despite what's been originally said about CBR needing to expand their luggage storage to accommodate Southwest RAC users, I have it on very good authority that absolutely NOTHING is happening at CBR. So either the reason RAC isn't offered there for Southwest fliers is wrong, or they just haven't begun the work to expand the luggage room. It seems odd to me that they wouldn't have started on it by now, though.

I plan on asking what gives when I get there next week and I'll update here with anything I find out.

For someone who has recently been to the CBR, do you know if they are still offering the Pirate Adventure Cruise? And, if they are, how much is it? Thanks!

I posted this on the refillable mug thread, but thought it would make more sense to ask here. Does anyone know if they have cherry coke (for the refillable mugs/not cans or bottles) at the CBR? Most places might offer coke, but not cherry coke so I'm really curious. Thanks!

So anyone wanna help me make a somewhat minor decision? ;) Trying to decide which village and/or buildings to request. We stayed in Jamaica last time and loved it. So beautiful, and I loved the journey over the bridge through Caribbean Cay to Old Port Royale- so calm and relaxing. Part of me thinks, why mess with a good thing, so go ahead and request Jamaica again, especially since there's the playground there now that the boys are at "that" age. But part of me wants something new and different. I love the colors of Barbados and Martinique, but I think I'd really miss the scenic walk. I was thinking maybe Aruba just to do something different without losing that walk... but I dunno... So if you have a strong opinion one way or another- share it with me!!! :goodvibes What do you think? What's your favorite part of the resort to stay in? :flower3:

We stayed in Aruba back in 2004 and loved it! Matter of fact, we've requested it for our upcoming Sept trip this year too!

Whichever you choose, have a magical trip! pixiedust:

So anyone wanna help me make a somewhat minor decision? ;) Trying to decide which village and/or buildings to request. We stayed in Jamaica last time and loved it. So beautiful, and I loved the journey over the bridge through Caribbean Cay to Old Port Royale- so calm and relaxing. Part of me thinks, why mess with a good thing, so go ahead and request Jamaica again, especially since there's the playground there now that the boys are at "that" age. But part of me wants something new and different. I love the colors of Barbados and Martinique, but I think I'd really miss the scenic walk. I was thinking maybe Aruba just to do something different without losing that walk... but I dunno... So if you have a strong opinion one way or another- share it with me!!! :goodvibes What do you think? What's your favorite part of the resort to stay in? :flower3:

We were in Jamaica in 2005 and loved it. We also loved that walk across the bridge to OPR. So when we went back in 2009 we requested Jamaica or Aruba and got Aruba! So we were very happy again. I think next time we stay at CBR we will opt for a POTC room in Trinidad South. DH said he will miss the walk across the bridge, but I told him I was pretty sure we will still be allowed to walk across the bridge!! :rotfl:

I think all of CBR is wonderful! :cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter