Candy table/Candy bar

Moonpie

Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey...Stuff
Hi everyone! I thought I'd post a pic of how our candy table turned out. We had about ten jars on a table, and parchment treat bags that had a sticker on them with our names and the date.
candy1w.jpg

Even though everyone did partake in taking candy, not all of it was used, and we now have about five jars of mints, and lollipops in our living room! :rotfl: Yum! Let's just say, that the peanut butter maltballs, and cafe latte maltballs were the most popular!
Here's where we bought the majority of our candy...
http://www.candywarehouse.com/
They sell all kinds of unique candies in bulk!
My suggestion for anyone doing the same type of thing at there wedding is...get as many varieties of candy as possible, and try getting some unusual candies that are fun conversation starters, and aren't the usual thing that you might see at the candy counter at the grocery store. :cutie:

So cute! We really wanted to be able to do this, but Disney wouldn't allow us to bring all the 'outside food.' Glad your guests loved it and it looks fabulous!

That looks great! :thumbsup2 I love that idea. I was thinking of doing something similar for my at-home reception.

I love that!! So creative. It really looks like there was a lot of creativity put into doing it as well. Which, I know there was because I saw your planning journal-- and you are certainly creative, and artistic!! Had my wedding not already passed, I might have asked to snag that idea for our at-home reception!! :dance3:

Wait, Do i spot those cow suckers over there (3rd jar from the left)? I forget what they are called but I wanted to call them "moo suckers" or something. Those used to be my favorite!!:goodvibes

What a fantastic idea!!! Candy is such a personal touch to your wedding--hmmm now Im thinking of incorporating this idea!!! Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

So cute! We really wanted to be able to do this, but Disney wouldn't allow us to bring all the 'outside food.' Glad your guests loved it and it looks fabulous!

Oh no! What if your favor is food? I'm planning on making Mickey head sugar cookies w/ orange sprinkles for my guests. I guess I better check w/ my EM :worried:

Moonpie- I love your candy table, thanks for sharing! That really is a great idea. Maybe I'll do it for my at-home reception :)

Thank you so much for sharing! What a great idea! I am thinking we can do this for our wedding in NJ! All the best!

Oh no! What if your favor is food? I'm planning on making Mickey head sugar cookies w/ orange sprinkles for my guests. I guess I better check w/ my EM :worried:

Moonpie- I love your candy table, thanks for sharing! That really is a great idea. Maybe I'll do it for my at-home reception :)

I would double check! After some prodding, our EM finally said it might be ok if we don't tell anyone and she would take the flack if we got in trouble, but we would have to set it up ourselves. I just pictured us hauling it all down there and going to set it up and having people tell us no and not being able to get a hold of her and then being out of luck, so, in the end, it wasn't worth it.

That looks great. I like the jar idea. I am not having a DFTW, and I already talked to the hotel. They are allowing me to have a candy bar. :cool1:

Thanks for the compliments everyone! I would hope that if you told Disney that this candy table was a "favor" that they would be okay with it. I mean what would be the difference between an already wrapped candy favor, and a table of candy for guests to wrap themselves? :confused3 :)

Janet2k, I love the table decorations for your retro candies! I wish mine looked as pretty as yours did.

Wait, Do i spot those cow suckers over there (3rd jar from the left)? I forget what they are called but I wanted to call them "moo suckers" or something. Those used to be my favorite!!:goodvibes

I'm sorry, they aren't cow suckers...:)...but I think I know what you mean. They are mocha, coffee, and capucino flavored lollipops by the Chupa Chups brand. I found them on the Candy Warehouse site. We also purchased Habanero Pepper lollipops! Not many people were brave enough to try them, but they were fun conversation pieces!
Here's a more close up pic of them...
wed5.jpg

I think Chupa Chups are the ones that Im thinking of. Didnt some of them come in like a cow style container? Ill research what im thinking of and get back to ya..

I think Chupa Chups are the ones that Im thinking of. Didnt some of them come in like a cow style container? Ill research what im thinking of and get back to ya..
Oh, yeah...like in a tin container with white and black spots? Now I know what you're talking about! Yes, I think you're right! I just love these kinds of lollipops, and I mostly picked this flavor because the wrappers matched my wedding colors! :rotfl: :cutie:

Okay i have no idea why i thought those were related to cows-- but those are it. They have the really good flavors and a hollow stick (i remember that because when i was little i used to suck from the other end and try to get the sucker to come out that way-- what was i thinking:confused3 ). I havent seen those in forever though!! What a good memory!

Wait... This is why I thought they were the cow suckers..lol
http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/10929186/Chupa_Chups_Cow_Tin.html

So glad I found that-- I thought I was going crazy!:rolleyes1

Okay i have no idea why i thought those were related to cows-- but those are it. They have the really good flavors and a hollow stick (i remember that because when i was little i used to suck from the other end and try to get the sucker to come out that way-- what was i thinking:confused3 ). I havent seen those in forever though!! What a good memory!

Wait... This is why I thought they were the cow suckers..lol
http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/10929186/Chupa_Chups_Cow_Tin.html

So glad I found that-- I thought I was going crazy!:rolleyes1

:rotfl: You win by 1 minute!! :rotfl:

I love your candy table idea! Did you purchase the jars to hold the candy as well? If so, and if you don't mind sharing, where did you get them and about how much did they cost? I was thinking of doing something like this at my wedding, and love the "candy store" look of having the candies in jars with scoops. TIA!
:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter