Canadian Buffoon European Vacation - 30/03 - Endings and Silver Linings

Still following along, waiting for you to post the link to the new TR! Your intro sounds like our Saturday, driving 14 hours (and two traffic jams and rain storms) to get back home.

Smidgy, just got back two days ago from WDW. The band worked very well, we had no hiccups at all. We combined RD with FP+ and then late night at MK as well to cover all the rides. Took a mid-day break at MK, which we have never done, but it was open until 1 am so it worked better, and allowed us to skip the worse of the lines. This was during high Easter crowds. We like to ride SM and BTMRR numerous times, so this worked well for us, SM in the morning and BTMRR at late night. But I was pulling out my hair trying to plan everything to the inth degree as well...this is our second Spring Break and our last now that DS is graduating from HS.

Except for the fire alarm going off twice in our room the one morning we could sleep in (so I literally ripped it from the wall), it was great!

I never did finish reading the Riglee TR. She didn't put up links and there was way too many comments to wade through. How did it end? They went home?

Still following along, waiting for you to post the link to the new TR! Your intro sounds like our Saturday, driving 14 hours (and two traffic jams and rain storms) to get back home.

I must admit that I'm a little stumped on how to start the next TR.
I guess the usual places to see, things to do...
But then what?
Nothing until we get back? :confused3

I'm open to suggestions...
which I may or may not use and claim as my own.

My favorite (said in a sarcastic type) drive was when we were coming back from the World.
I had told the DDs (who were 8 and 4 at the time) that it wouldn't be a long drive.
Only to Chattanooga (okay... eight hours... but still... shorter than how we drove down.)

Well... A pileup or two on the highway had us pulling into our hotel 12 hours later.
They were really good, though. Not a single complaint.

Smidgy, just got back two days ago from WDW. The band worked very well, we had no hiccups at all. We combined RD with FP+ and then late night at MK as well to cover all the rides. Took a mid-day break at MK, which we have never done, but it was open until 1 am so it worked better, and allowed us to skip the worse of the lines. This was during high Easter crowds. We like to ride SM and BTMRR numerous times, so this worked well for us, SM in the morning and BTMRR at late night. But I was pulling out my hair trying to plan everything to the inth degree as well...this is our second Spring Break and our last now that DS is graduating from HS.

Interesting. I've read so many horror stories, that I forget that there ought to be the odd good report out there.

Except for the fire alarm going off twice in our room the one morning we could sleep in (so I literally ripped it from the wall), it was great!

Oh, man. That reminds me of a story.
I think I'll keep it for the next TR.

There. Now I've got one thing to write about.

hmmmm..... road trip stories to pass the time????
Or is that boring?

I never did finish reading the Riglee TR. She didn't put up links and there was way too many comments to wade through. How did it end? They went home?

There was a war and the resulting nuclear winter was difficult, but one of them survived.

What? :confused3

hmmmm..... road trip stories to pass the time????
Or is that boring?

There was a war and the resulting nuclear winter was difficult, but one of them survived.

What? :confused3

We could pass the time providing alternate endings to the saga for OC2...

I know pkondz's is false. There hasn't been a nuclear winter. Oh wait, is Polar Vortex a pseudonym for Nuclear Winter? :confused3

No the REAL ending is that Rig ended up doing hard time for his altercation. Leelee got a position at Disney as a face character and now does endless princess breakfasts while waiting for her prince to come home. The end.

We could pass the time providing alternate endings to the saga for OC2...

No the REAL ending is that Rig ended up doing hard time for his altercation. Leelee got a position at Disney as a face character and now does endless princess breakfasts while waiting for her prince to come home. The end.

Rig escaped from jail and was the subject of a massive manhunt until he was able to prove that the real killer was a one-armed man.

I know pkondz's is false. There hasn't been a nuclear winter. Oh wait, is Polar Vortex a pseudonym for Nuclear Winter? :confused3

Don't be silly. A nuclear winter wouldn't be nearly as bad as the Polar Vortex.

Speaking of the Polar Vortex, I just saw an article that said that there will be more winters like the one we just had. :sad2:

Something about an altering jet stream, blah, blah, blah......COLD!!!

And one of the first TRs I read, other than Nebo's, was RigLee. Very good read.

And Pkondz, you don't know what to talk about or write about? Anything will suffice, we are easily entertained. ;)

thanks for the info! I could only book FP+ for 2 days, as those are the 2 day tickets we had to buy to get the "free" dining in dec. we will upgrade them to ANnual passes once we use them once (to lock on those prices)
THEN we will be able to book FP+ for the rest of our trip. but we will have to go to a kiosk, as I don't have a smart phone..
I'm just hoping for a totla "laid back trip" do you think that is possible, with nebo?

Interesting. I've read so many horror stories, that I forget that there ought to be the odd good report out there.

It worked well - but I am not happy with the rules around it. We were lucky - we caught a glitch that gave us access to all the rides at HS and Epcot, we did not have to do the tiers; and we had three priority passes that worked the same as FP (on our band) good for any ride, so we had three extra rides in MK. Without that, I would probably not have been able to do as well. It was good for our kids last blow-out before graduation.

If I go back, it will be when it is quiet and the lines are low...I think that might happen a couple days out of the year...

thanks for the info! I could only book FP+ for 2 days, as those are the 2 day tickets we had to buy to get the "free" dining in dec. we will upgrade them to ANnual passes once we use them once (to lock on those prices)
THEN we will be able to book FP+ for the rest of our trip. but we will have to go to a kiosk, as I don't have a smart phone..
I'm just hoping for a totla "laid back trip" do you think that is possible, with nebo?

You all have much more laid back trips than we ever do! But late nights would work great for you, even more so with the dark rides. And it will be way quieter than it was for us, since the crush of Spring Break is over.

The kiosks at the front of the park always seem more busy than those futher back, since those are the first they see when they walk in the park. The numbers at those ebbed and flowed.

Hope you do have a laid back trip - just as long as it is not Nebo laid back unless he was trying to lay back in a deck chair!

Speaking of the Polar Vortex, I just saw an article that said that there will be more winters like the one we just had. :sad2:

Something about an altering jet stream, blah, blah, blah......COLD!!!

Oh.... joy. :sad2:

And one of the first TRs I read, other than Nebo's, was RigLee. Very good read.

Ditto.
With a title like that... how could you not?

And Pkondz, you don't know what to talk about or write about? Anything will suffice, we are easily entertained. ;)

Okay. Let's chat about toe nail fungus!!

I was going to say, "In a word? NO!"

But honestly... I think it's sorta possible.
He'll still want to see the parks, but I have a feeling he'll be happy with a slower pace.

It worked well - but I am not happy with the rules around it. We were lucky - we caught a glitch that gave us access to all the rides at HS and Epcot, we did not have to do the tiers; and we had three priority passes that worked the same as FP (on our band) good for any ride, so we had three extra rides in MK. Without that, I would probably not have been able to do as well. It was good for our kids last blow-out before graduation.

Nice glitch! :thumbsup2 How do the rest of us sign up for one? :laughing:

Hope you do have a laid back trip - just as long as it is not Nebo laid back unless he was trying to lay back in a deck chair!

I can see it now. Nebo. Laying back in a deck chair (lunger).
And laying back... and back... and....

That sound you heard was his head hitting the ground (again) as he goes back and over.

Since it's not likely that we'll see a TR :-)sad:) tell him to try and be safe this time, 'kay?
Oh, heck. Even if there was a TR, tell him to be safe.

The kiosks at the front of the park always seem more busy than those futher back, since those are the first they see when they walk in the park. The numbers at those ebbed and flowed.

[\QUOTE]

Smidgy, definitely do this. Everyone stops at the first one they see, go somewhere in the back, I'll see if I can find out where the lesser used ones are.

Or, come to think of it, you might try the concierge at the hotel and see if they can book it for you, worth a shot.

ETA: OK, here is the answer back from the Finance Mgr. at MK:

I would have them start at the hotel if that's possible. I'm not the expert but know MKs all gets hit but can be hit or miss throughout the day.

... but I have to share that I will be doing a 4 night cruise on the Dream in June.

Now, seeing that hubby and I are CM's, you would think we are going to get a great deal for this. And you would be right, except for unfortunate timing.
With DD being a teacher, she can only go during the summer, and with DS in the Air Force, we have to lock in a date, so no waiting to see if discounts come out 2 weeks before.

So, long story short, we are paying top dollar high season prices, no discounts at all (WAAAHHHHHHHHHHH).

However, my old friends wife is a get this: VIP Guest Service Manager at the Cruise Line. So she fixed us up with a great cabin and got us first seating (which was not available online) and a table with 4 other adults and any other reservations we may want. Can't complain about that!

Did I mention I'm going sailing............?

... but I have to share that I will be doing a 4 night cruise on the Dream in June.

Now, seeing that hubby and I are CM's, you would think we are going to get a great deal for this. And you would be right, except for unfortunate timing.
With DD being a teacher, she can only go during the summer, and with DS in the Air Force, we have to lock in a date, so no waiting to see if discounts come out 2 weeks before.

So, long story short, we are paying top dollar high season prices, no discounts at all (WAAAHHHHHHHHHHH).

However, my old friends wife is a get this: VIP Guest Service Manager at the Cruise Line. So she fixed us up with a great cabin and got us first seating (which was not available online) and a table with 4 other adults and any other reservations we may want. Can't complain about that!

you knew this was coming...

WE WANT A TRIP REPORT!!!!!!!:banana:

Why do I suddenly feel like breaking out into a chorus of Sailing by Christopher Cross? :boat:

No discounts = bad.
But the rest sounds pretty darned good!

Can't wait for the TR!
(Oh, c'mon. You didn't really think we'd let you off that easy, did you?)

you knew this was coming...

WE WANT A TRIP REPORT!!!!!!!:banana:

What she said!

Oh.... joy. :sad2:

[/B][/COLOR]

Oh HAPPY DAY. popcorn:: Can you imagine Winnipeg in a prolonged winter? Over and over and over again like Groundhog Day. Oh wait, you don't have to imagine. :rotfl2:

This is the part where I beg for the TR to start. But something tells me I've just lost a few bargaining chips. ;)

NO, but the concierge can help with Fastpass

Ah. Of course.

Don't hold your breath, LOL

Holding_Your_Breath_O8LQE7.gif

Oh HAPPY DAY. popcorn:: Can you imagine Winnipeg in a prolonged winter? Over and over and over again like Groundhog Day. Oh wait, you don't have to imagine. :rotfl2:

No. I really don't have to imagine it.
We got snow. AGAIN. Last night.
I woke up to a winter crappyland.

I am not happy.
At all.

This is the part where I beg for the TR to start. But something tells me I've just lost a few bargaining chips. ;)

It'll start.... eventually.
Might even start on it tonight....
If I can only figure out how to start it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter