Can you share a place you couldnt wait to eat but was a huge letdown

Ohana. I was so thrilled to snag a reservation after reading all the great reviews...but what a disappointment. We had a long wait for our table, the food was mediocre at best (soggy salad, over cooked meat), and the service was slow. Definitely did not live up to the hype for us.

Every piece of sushi I've had at WDW: Kona, Tokyo Dining and California Grill. It's like they don't even bother seasoning the rice. I was so disappointed!

Le Cellier: burnt steak, tiny & close tables, inflated prices even by WDW standards.

Be Our Guest dinner: Not worth the pre-fixe price, loud, cafeteria-type setting, weak service, mediocre food, the Beast is aloof & boring to meet.
I agree entirely with you about BOG. The meal was mediocre, the service was sub par even compared to other TS restaurants and even some buffets. The atmosphere may be nice but we were seated right next to the entrance. We asked to be moved and were told nothing else was available. Meeting Beast, although the line was quick and we were not rushed, was also disappointing. We had much more fun meeting Gaston by the tavern. BOG will not be on our list next time. There are so many more good restaurants in the world.

Skipper's Canteen - I wouldn't say it was terrible, but I expected more based upon reviews. My husband ordered their "famous" fried chicken - it was so dry and overcooked - and we're not foodies or picky eaters by any means. My salad was okay - nothing special. Best part of the whole meal - drinking a glass of wine in the MK:D

Not a big let down, but didn't live up to hype -Satu'li Canteen - Pandora.

The way people rave about it on here, I was expecting some life changing experience.

It was fine. A healthy alternative for theme park food, but nothing that made me want to scream to the heavens with joy. :)

Tusker House and Garden Grill- both seem to be highly recommended for character dining and food, but I thought TH was way overcrowded and the food was too adventurous for my family, and GG’s food was too limited (although the revolving restaurant was neat).

Ohana- the first TS on our first trip and I had high expectations. Service was incredibly slow and meat was tough.

The Plaza, which was meh considering we used a DDP credit for very average sandwiches and ice cream. It just wasn't anything special.
Trails End, food was very disappointing (aside from the freshly cooked dairy free waffles and eggs the chef made me which were delicious.), service was bad and I just wasn't feeling very well.
Oh yeah, and Tusker House, which was also quite disappointing. And 1900 Park Fare for the food alone.

Le Cellier. It was the single worse meal I have ever had at Disney. I can easily (and for a lot less money) make a better steak at home. Plus it seemed like they were using salt to cover up any other flavor that could have existed. All you tasted was salt. Add in how close the tables are and lack luster service and I will never go back. Total waste of money.

I agree with other posters about Via Napoli. We were excited to try it several years ago. It was one and done. We had to buy my daughter a quick serve meal after, because her pizza was not cooked and the wait staff did not care.

I know some of my choices might not be popular and might make me look super picky but here goes:

Captain Cooks: I took my BFF from China for her first trip to WDW. It was the first time I had ever eaten there. Whatever I ordered was horrible. I could barely force myself to swallow it. She kept talking about how good it looked though, so I made myself eat most of it.

Yachstman Steakhouse: All four of us had horrible steaks, gristly and overcooked.

Grand Floridian Cafe: I went there solo for breakfast one morning. I was so looking forward to a great breakfast, but everything tasted weird, especially the sausage. Beautiful restaurant though.

Wolfgang Puck Express: I looked forward to trying the meatloaf there, but at the last minute, I changed my mind. It was the middle of summer, and I wanted something more refreshing. I don't remember what I ordered, but I just remember being disappointed and wishing I had ordered the meatloaf.

Kona Cafe breakfast: I had really looked forward to the Tonga Toast. It was so sweet I couldn't eat it.

Boma for dinner: We learned that we don't like African food.

Flying Fish: Horrible scallops.

Tutto Italia: Tasted like Chef Boyardee.

BOG dinner. The steak was subpar, the pasta was over cooked and underseasoned and our tables were so close to the others we felt like we were dining with strangers. It was a huge letdown and we couldn't understand why it was such a coveted ADR.

50s Prime Time. My family and I will go to places for the atmosphere and were expecting a great time with the server....however we waited for more than an hour even with reservations, we hardly saw our server and she wasn't engaging at all (and my parents tried so hard to get her to engage, pointing out that the rest of us didn't eat our vegetables or we had our elbows on the table and the server gave nothing) the food was meh...overall it was not worth forgoing our usual Hollywood Studios lunch spot (Sci Fi Café) for.

The Plaza, which was meh considering we used a DDP credit for very average sandwiches and ice cream. It just wasn't anything special.
Agreed. It was great to get a table and be able to sit in A/C, but yeah...ours was super greasy (we ordered and shared the fried green tomato sandwich and fries), and it looked a lot better than it tasted. Admittedly we didn't get ice cream or dessert, so maybe they'll be better, but I don't think we'll be returning anytime soon.

The 1st time I ate at HBD, I had their signature meal, the chopped Cobb and the grapefruit cake. The salad chopped into chiclets, turns into mush and the cake is just plain awful, but having eaten there again, trying other things, it’s become a favorite. It’s a matter of taste, my taste. Example: I love CHH for the tuna on whole grain bread, if they didn’t have that, I would leave, I go there for it, not the salmon nor the fried shrimp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!