Can you share a place you couldnt wait to eat but was a huge letdown

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by captaindavidhook, Oct 20, 2018.

1. captaindavidhook

captaindavidhook <font color=green>Stay away from there<br><font co

It can be more then one place. It also be can a cs or ts. I am looking forward to hearing some of the answers.

For me hands it was San Angel Inn. I love Mexican food. Let me start off saying that. In all my trips I had never eaten in any of the Mexican restaurant's at Disney. So I was excited to say the least. The food well was probe the worst or the nastiest food I ever ate in my life. It was dry, nasty and I couldn't even finish my meal. On top of that, the server was a creep. He rushed me threw out the whole meal. I'll never ate there again. Honorable mention goes to Flame tree BBQ. Nasty dry chicken and freakin birds all around me.

2. DLgal

DLgal DIS Veteran

Yak & Yeti. I have been hearing raves about the place for YEARS. We finally tried it last summer and it was fine, I guess, but seriously overhyped and I was underwhelmed overall. I am in no hurry to go back.

Novatrix, Elmo888, dkmulder and 2 others like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. CourtneyKaro

CourtneyKaro Earning My Ears

Mickeys Backyard BBQ. We were soooo excited for the show and character interactions, but it was a mad house and my daughter hardly got near a single one and the food was terrible, like worse then when your kids school puts on the end of year bbq, it was awful.

5. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Via Napoli. Vile food and horrid service. My then-husband had just been to Italy and was looking forward to having non-American pizza and it was so bad. My son, who is a pizza expert had one slice. I didn’t even finish my one piece. And I was on the phone with my cc company to find out why they had decided to decline a $5 charge and close our card, and the server acted like I was just being a jerk.

6. tlovesdis

tlovesdis Disneyland Obsessed!!! Moderator

BOG lunch. Not impressed.

cjhudson, dbb727, esilanna and 13 others like this.
  7. ShannyDoesDisney

ShannyDoesDisney Dreaming of Palm Trees

Captain Cooks!

Ben E N and ForeverJ like this.
  8. krum

krum Mouseketeer

* D-luxe Burger
    * Beaches and Cream
    * Via Napoli (pizza is good, but everything else including the service was abysmal)

hereforthechurros likes this.
  9. disny_luvr

disny_luvr DIS Veteran

Via Napoli. I had read such good things and it just didn’t live up to the hype. Service was so slow and food was subpar. We haven’t been back since.

billy1, JKCDA and djc9699 like this.
  10. Shanti

Shanti Momketeer

Le Cellier: burnt steak, tiny & close tables, inflated prices even by WDW standards.

Be Our Guest dinner: Not worth the pre-fixe price, loud, cafeteria-type setting, weak service, mediocre food, the Beast is aloof & boring to meet.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  11. smcabee

smcabee Boomer Sooner

Ohana, Via Napoli, Yachtsman, Flying Fish, Be Our Guest

BabybetterDisney and karamay like this.
  12. keahgirl8

keahgirl8 DIS Veteran

Ohana for sure. It wasn't bad, but the service wasn't great and the food (with the exception of the bread and the bread pudding, which was great) was just okay. Some things were cold when they arrived. Nothing was bad, but it just didn't live up to the hype.

13. Wild4Walt

Wild4Walt DIS Veteran

The Edison. Horrible service and the food was only OK. I ordered the salmon and it was way overcooked - to the point of crispy-ness - like old beef jerky. The inside was very cool, but the food and experience was just plain bad.

14. bphilb

bphilb Mouseketeer

Hollywood Brown Derby for me. I was really excited to go there but our server was very stuffy and the food was very average.

15. SgtTibbs

SgtTibbs RunDisney'er

Ya beat me to it. Both of these.

acndis, Ratatosk, billy1 and 2 others like this.
  16. MKTokyo

MKTokyo Mouseketeer

D-Luxe Burger. All the reviews looked so good, but what I got was a greasy burger - so greasy it left a huge puddle on the paper - & undercooked fries :crazy2:

17. Aimeedyan

Aimeedyan <font color=blue>Why get all excited about somethi

Trails End - it's time consuming and a pain getting to it, the food was mediocre typical breakfast buffet items, and service was sooo slow. It had gotten raved about so much here and I was really looking forward to it but we regretted the whole experience. I'd only eat there again if we were staying at FtW and had nothing but time.

Beaches and Cream - stoked to get a coveted last minute reservation and then wondered why it was so popular. I hate the tiny tables, you feel like you're eating w the people next to you, and the food tasted like any other counter service Disney burger. Ice cream is the same stuff at the grocery store :confused3 The Fountain at Dolphin was much better!

18. Burgundy Rose

Burgundy Rose Mouseketeer

California Grill. The food was truly, truly excellent and I can't fault it (I had the black grouper served on herb basmati rice with cashew chutney, bok choy, baby shiitake, rock shrimp, kaffir lime-coconut nage and it was incredibly tasty) but the service was so abysmal that I cancelled my reservation for a Wave brunch that same trip and didn't go back to try all the Contempo Cafe offerings as I'd planned to.

If we are strictly talking about the food, Columbia Harbour House was a letdown. The place has a lot of seating and it's got restrooms which are surprisingly hard to find in this area of the park, which is awesome, but my research showed that lots of people considered this one of the best QS options in Magic Kingdom. When we went, they were out of salmon (the dish I'd planned on ordering) so we had to make do with a platter of fried things, which we barely touched.

jaccceee, Summer2018 and Texans_loyal like this.
  19. gharter

gharter DIS Veteran

Tiffins. They took an exciting menu and modified it to a generic restaurant back home. We've eaten there at least 6+ times and loved it. No reason to go back.

20. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

Ohana -
    Horrible food. Overcooked meat, slimy wings, dry potstickers. Never ever again. How this place is popular is beyond me.

Le Cellier -
    My steak was incredibly disappointing. Terrible cut of steak. Atmosphere was fine but the tables were ridiculously close together.

Beaches & Cream -
    Food here is nothing special. Burgers and fries were meh. Ditto for the icecream. Taste like any old icecream i can get at the grocery store.

21. holden

holden DIS Veteran

Definitely BOG dinner.