Can you share a place you couldnt wait to eat but was a huge letdown

Ours was The Yachtsman. We were so excited to try it last fall and it was a disappointment. The steaks were very overcooked. I even sent mine back, but the replacement that came out wasn't really much better.

For me it was Raglan Road. It wasn't horrible, I just didn't think it was worth the hype it gets on here. (Given that they DO offer a lot more gluten-free options than a lot of places I might have to give it another chance sometime...options if they're good might jump it into the "go every trip" category.)

Reading this it is very similar to any thread that is based on opinion. Keep it open long enough and every restaurant on property will be mentioned. :D

50s Prime Time. My family and I will go to places for the atmosphere and were expecting a great time with the server....however we waited for more than an hour even with reservations, we hardly saw our server and she wasn't engaging at all (and my parents tried so hard to get her to engage, pointing out that the rest of us didn't eat our vegetables or we had our elbows on the table and the server gave nothing) the food was meh...overall it was not worth forgoing our usual Hollywood Studios lunch spot (Sci Fi Café) for.
We had the same disappointing experience! No interactive experience with our server at all, and we allowed our kids to do things that we scold-worthy. We also had a long wait in spite our our reservation. Have been tempted to return, but that's a lot of time and money out of our day for another potential let down.

For us it was Jiko. I'd heard so many raves about this place we were really looking forward to it, but it was pretty much horrible and the service was abysmal. We love all the other AKL and AK African inspired restaurants (Boma, Tusker House, Tiffins, Sanaa), but Jiko was definitely a one and done.

What I'm curious about is that for everyone on this thread that had really bad food: tough steak, overcooked chicken, etc. or obvious service issues, Did you send it back the food or ask for a manager? If not why not?

IMHO, anyone looking for consistently exceptional food at most WDW restaurants has expectations that are too high.

For us it was Jiko. I'd heard so many raves about this place we were really looking forward to it, but it was pretty much horrible and the service was abysmal. We love all the other AKL and AK African inspired restaurants (Boma, Tusker House, Tiffins, Sanaa), but Jiko was definitely a one and done.
Curious what you ordered? And what you disliked about it?

‘Ohana breakfast, although we did enjoy dinner

Mama Melrose- I love Italian and had heard great things but our food wasn’t good and the service was terrible.

'Ohana - I could forgive the mediocre food if it didn't take an hour past our ADR to be sat. Food at dinner was overcooked, salty at breakfast, and we had to wait for what seemed like an eternity after we were done eating for all the characters to come by.

1900 Park Fare - Still a great meal, but we were done eating long before we saw a single character. Russell, our server, was exceptional though.

Be Our Guest dinner (before prix fixe) - Overpriced and very salty! Couldn't imagine using 2 credits for this place now.

Narcoosees and flame tree. Should have known I wouldn’t like Flame Tree. Being from the south I am a pretty good meat smoker so I was skeptical after reading all the reviews but tried it anyway. Well I should have lol. Narcoosess, well me and my wife like red lobster better.

50s Prime Time. My family and I will go to places for the atmosphere and were expecting a great time with the server....however we waited for more than an hour even with reservations, we hardly saw our server and she wasn't engaging at all (and my parents tried so hard to get her to engage, pointing out that the rest of us didn't eat our vegetables or we had our elbows on the table and the server gave nothing) the food was meh...overall it was not worth forgoing our usual Hollywood Studios lunch spot (Sci Fi Café) for.

This.

We waited a long time for our reservation. Food was kind of blah. Chicken was greasy and tasteless. Our server seemed stressed out. No shtick. She kind of disappeared mid way through the meal. It was hard to get our bill. I’ve got no desire to go back.

Ohana and Skipper Canteen. At Ohana, I didn't care for the flavor of the marinade they used for the meat and the quality of the meats wasn't great. Noodles were cold and gummy. Broccoli was just a bowl of broccoli. The atmosphere was pure chaos. Our server was fantastic though and we enjoyed the bread pudding. Won't be back until menu gets an overhaul.

At Skipper Canteen I had the Tastes Like Chicken and the sauce was overpowering and the rice undercooked. Chicken was tough and overcooked. The apps were great and our server was AWESOME so we will give it another try.

What I'm curious about is that for everyone on this thread that had really bad food: tough steak, overcooked chicken, etc. or obvious service issues, Did you send it back the food or ask for a manager? If not why not?

IMHO, anyone looking for consistently exceptional food at most WDW restaurants has expectations that are too high.

The one time I was served an inedibly burnt steak (Sci-fi), our server was mortified when I mentioned it and showed him (it was charred to a hockey puck...no clue how the kitchen missed it, but it's dark in the restaurant so maybe the server didn't notice) and offered a replacement of anything I wanted but I just politely asked him to remove it from the bill and he did.

This was our exact experience. Waited over an hour. We were put in the little alcove with just a few tables and server had no personality at all.

It can be more then one place. It also be can a cs or ts. I am looking forward to hearing some of the answers.

For me hands it was San Angel Inn. I love Mexican food. Let me start off saying that. In all my trips I had never eaten in any of the Mexican restaurant's at Disney. So I was excited to say the least. The food well was probe the worst or the nastiest food I ever ate in my life. It was dry, nasty and I couldn't even finish my meal. On top of that, the server was a creep. He rushed me threw out the whole meal. I'll never ate there again. Honorable mention goes to Flame tree BBQ. Nasty dry chicken and freakin birds all around me.

This, sadly, is the case for us as well. I first visited EPCOT (when it was EPCOT and not Epcot, LOL!) as a teen and remember making reservations for San Angel on the old touchscreen. Then, sitting in the pavilion and feeling like we were IN Mexico - the whole thing was so magical! We've revisited a few times over the years and the food kept going way downhill. The last time we went, the server noticed we barely touched our food and, without even asking, gave us a discount. I still love the atmosphere in there - I just don't want to eat the food!

The other one - O'hana. It used to be fantastic. Great food, fun games and entertainment. On our trip in December, the service was terrible and the food was greasy. blech!

Kona Cafe breakfast. There was so much hype over the breakfast and the Tonga Toast. We felt so incredibly rushed, the service was abysmal, and my Tonga toast was way too sweet. I ended up getting a coffee at a coffee bar in the hotel to savor on our way back to the GF because I needed to take the edge off the experience.

CRT :(
We've been twice, and I don't regret it because my daughter loved meeting the princesses in the castle. Terrible food and mediocre service for an outrageous price. We went to Akershus this trip instead and were pleased. The food was better and the princesses were less rushed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!