California DVC Owners Group

Glad you got your tickets! It was a stressful morning but worth it for these tickets. I didn't get to go when it changed over to Oogie Boogie bash back in 2019 so I'm super excited!!!

It really was stressful, lol. My time went from over an hour, to 42 minutes, back to over an hour, down to 47 minutes, back to over an hour, and then stayed there for several hours, LOL! I'm glad you got tickets, too! We went the year before the pandemic and it was a lot of fun! I just wish that WOC was operating because I'd rather have that than the parade. But otherwise, I'm just happy that we get to go again.

It really was stressful, lol. My time went from over an hour, to 42 minutes, back to over an hour, down to 47 minutes, back to over an hour, and then stayed there for several hours, LOL! I'm glad you got tickets, too! We went the year before the pandemic and it was a lot of fun! I just wish that WOC was operating because I'd rather have that than the parade. But otherwise, I'm just happy that we get to go again.
Oh yeah! No WOC this year :/ I guess I'll need to go next year to experience it haha

Hello California neighbors!

Anyone got tickets for Oogie Boogie Bash this year? We waited in the queue over 4 hours to get ours :sad1:
We are going! I happened to already have a random, single-night reservation in Oct at the Grand Cal ... and guess what? There was a O.B.B. for that night! Whee!!! We are going!! (And I didn't need to spend $25 for pre-paid parking, right?? LOL)

We are going! I happened to already have a random, single-night reservation in Oct at the Grand Cal ... and guess what? There was a O.B.B. for that night! Whee!!! We are going!! (And I didn't need to spend $25 for pre-paid parking, right?? LOL)
Woohoo!! Glad you got your tickets!! And what luck it coincided with your night at VGC 😍 I would've loved it if I could've gotten a res for the night (saving $25 on parking is always a nice perk too 😊)

I opened a Waitlist today for the following night ... hoping to "sleep in" following the late night. I'm hoping it comes through ... but I'm still giddy over the "alignment" of existing reservation with event night! Whoo-hoo! :)
Hope that waitlist comes through 🤞

So, I asked on the DL forum, got zero help, and thought I should ask here… we have a week-long 1 BR September VGC trip planned, and then OBB came out and threw a small wrench. I ended up getting us OBB tix for 2 nights, on our arrival day AND our checkout day, since we don’t have park tix those days. I put in for a waitlist for a studio and a 1 bedroom for the day we are supposed to check out, and the day of our second OBB. Do I have any chance of having one actually come through, or am I completely shooting blind? I will be shocked if it does, but I didn’t want to get my hopes up too much, lol… it expires a few weeks before we go, so hopefully I’ll have time to find an offsite hotel if it doesn’t work out. We’ll be in the area for another week after, for some work training for Hubs, so we have a couple of days before he checks in to his hotel anyway…

@TinkerTay, keep a backup plan (nearby hotel) ready. On the bright side, I've read in other forums that folks are claiming they will cancel their Sept reservation if a mask mandate returns to Orange County / Disneyland area. So ... maybe, should that happen, there might be last minute cancellations?

Good luck!

@TinkerTay, keep a backup plan (nearby hotel) ready. On the bright side, I've read in other forums that folks are claiming they will cancel their Sept reservation if a mask mandate returns to Orange County / Disneyland area. So ... maybe, should that happen, there might be last minute cancellations?

Good luck!

Thank You, I may have a little bit of hope yet, although I wouldn’t really love a mask mandate either, lol… our plans are pretty set though, so unless they close altogether, we’ll be going regardless. My hopes of lighter crowds/not hideous lines are dwindling though, I know Halloween time is usually super busy. We shall see, and I’ll start really looking for another hotel soon… :)

My hopes of lighter crowds/not hideous lines are dwindling though, I know Halloween time is usually super busy. We shall see,
"We shall see ..." yep, using that phrase often lately. :)

FWIW, given that there are no Annual Passes, at present, perhaps the typical holiday (any holiday!) crowds will be lower during days and redirected to hard-ticket events? I know that is the case for us ... we are excited for the O.B.B. event we purchased but will not be visiting the parks otherwise. (Now that the initial itch to return has been scratched at re-opening ... we don't wish to pay for day by day tickets. I assume I'm not alone in this position?)

…crowds will be lower during days and redirected to hard-ticket events?

That was the biggest draw towards buying OBB tix. We also have 5 day hoppers during our trip, but the idea of the limited event just sounds awesome. We've never done a special event party before, and I’m very much looking forward to it. I just hope it truly is limited and will feel as such. We haven’t gone to DL since Nov. 2019, those crowds were the worst I’ve ever seen, and I have no plans to do that again, lol… that’s also when we bought DVC, so this is the first time we’ll be able to officially use it!

Count me in on one of those who will instantly cancel if OC brings back a mask mandate.

Here I sit, counting down the hours until 3:00 a.m. Having to book ADRs in the wee hours of the morning is brutal! To complicate things, we’re doing a split stay, so I’m going to need to turn around and call DVC at 6:00 a.m. in order to book the second half. It’s gonna be a long night.😩

Here I sit, counting down the hours until 3:00 a.m. Having to book ADRs in the wee hours of the morning is brutal! To complicate things, we’re doing a split stay, so I’m going to need to turn around and call DVC at 6:00 a.m. in order to book the second half. It’s gonna be a long night.😩

How did it go?! I thought I read somewhere that we could no longer call for the second part of a split stay? Definitely curious as we’ll be doing a split stay in December unless I cancel the trip. 🤔

How did it go?! I thought I read somewhere that we could no longer call for the second part of a split stay? Definitely curious as we’ll be doing a split stay in December unless I cancel the trip. 🤔

Got everything for the first week of our stay, Topolino’s breakfast, ‘Ohana breakfast, Wine Bar George dinner, Jaleo dinner, Brown Derby lunch, Sanaa dinner, Yak and Yeti lunch but I’ll be adding Boma breakfast and dinner if it reopens by our trip. My son and I were tag teaming but I want to mention that trying to book through MDE and Safari didn’t work on our iPads, iPhones or via the full site via Safari, but did when I switched to Chrome.

Its been nearly three years since the last time I‘ve had to book ADRs, so clearly I’m a tad bit rusty. 😆I dialed member services at 5:59 a.m. and got through to a super sweet CM by 6:02. Unfortunately, I was told there was an update to their system about a year ago which no longer allows them to book beyond the first segment of a split stay. Oh well, guess I’ll be doing this all over again next weekend. Next big challenge will be scoring dinner at Topolino’s but I’m thinking I shouldn’t encounter any issues booking the rest other than maybe Homecomin’. We shall see!😁

Wait. You'd rather stay up to 3A rather than simply wake up for 3A? That is just crazy.
(Hope you got everything you wanted! :) )

We tend to stay up late in my household so it was easier to do that than set my alarm for 3:00 a.m.😴😁

Got everything for the first week of our stay, Topolino’s breakfast, ‘Ohana breakfast, Wine Bar George dinner, Jaleo dinner, Brown Derby lunch, Sanaa dinner, Yak and Yeti lunch but I’ll be adding Boma breakfast and dinner if it reopens by our trip. My son and I were tag teaming but I want to mention that trying to book through MDE and Safari didn’t work on our iPads, iPhones or via the full site via Safari, but did when I switched to Chrome.

Its been nearly three years since the last time I‘ve had to book ADRs, so clearly I’m a tad bit rusty. 😆I dialed member services at 5:59 a.m. and got through to a super sweet CM by 6:02. Unfortunately, I was told there was an update to their system about a year ago which no longer allows them to book beyond the first segment of a split stay. Oh well, guess I’ll be doing this all over again next weekend. Next big challenge will be scoring dinner at Topolino’s but I’m thinking I shouldn’t encounter any issues booking the rest other than maybe Homecomin’. We shall see!😁

We tend to stay up late in my household so it was easier to do that than set my alarm for 3:00 a.m.😴😁

Yay! Glad you fared so well! I was excited to hear Boma breakfast would be returning. 😋 Definitely one of our faves!

And thank you for the updated info/confirmation!

So many good spots!!! You are a pro! Haha. I heard Topolino's had been super hard to get lately. Glad you snagged everything you wanted for your first leg of your stay 🙌

Woah!!! Lots happening this week!

Last Saturday, I had an amazing evening with friends who I met up with for dinner at Craftsman Bar for cocktails and apps followed by more food and drinks at Trader Sam’s. It felt so good to socialize and relax for a change! Surprisingly I was able to stay up until 3:00 a.m. and booked ADRs for the second half of our trip next month including Topolino’s dinner. The only thing I wasn’t able to score was Skipper Canteen on 10/1, so I signed up for Mouse Watcher in hopes that’ll help. All I need is for reservations to open up for Boma, Le Creperie and Space 220.

Today was the announcement many California locals have been waiting for which is the announcement of the replacement for the former AP program, woohoo! We did a two minute overview of the options and quickly decided on the Dream Key which meets our needs. Not wanting to waste time with getting in on the excitement, we purchased single-day tickets, made our park reservations for 8/25/21 which is day one of the new program and will upgrade that day.

The cherry on top? WDW APs will be back on sale by the 50th! I‘m súper relieved because we‘ll be there 16 days with another trip booked for next February.

Anyone else getting a “Key?” If so, which one? Are you planning on visiting DLR day one of the new program? 😁

Last edited:
Anyone else getting a “Key?” If so, which one? Are you planning on visiting DLR day one of the new program? 😁

One 'Dream' and one 'Believe' key for DW and I. 'Believe' key still gets us the days we want while still maximizing the discounts/free parking with the 'Dream'. We just bought 3 day park hoppers that we were going to use with out of town family this Fall, so glad to read that we'll able to apply those towards these new 'Keys'. Very happy to soon have regular access back at my home park...:earsboy:

Now we just need some good news regarding DVC/Gold Passes for WDW...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter