Boycott Starbucks in Magic Kingdom

My DH will be happier with Starbucks than Disney's regular coffee. At DL, we stopped in the mid-afternoon for an iced coffee - it was better than another diet coke.

While I'm not a big Starbucks fan I have no problem with it being in the parks. I personally don't like their coffee as I grind organic beans fresh and make it in a french press so no coffee shop coffee can compare to that, but whatever. Lots of people enjoy Starbucks so its a wise choice for Disney.

A random tip...freeze leftover coffee in ice cube trays and when you want a frappy just add them in a blender with some milk, sugar, and chocolate syrup. A great way to save the leftover coffee that just gets dumped down the drain.

While I'm not a big Starbucks fan I have no problem with it being in the parks. I personally don't like their coffee as I grind organic beans fresh and make it in a french press so no coffee shop coffee can compare to that, but whatever. Lots of people enjoy Starbucks so its a wise choice for Disney.

A random tip...freeze leftover coffee in ice cube trays and when you want a frappy just add them in a blender with some milk, sugar, and chocolate syrup. A great way to save the leftover coffee that just gets dumped down the drain.

Sounds great! I always have leftover coffee as I'm the only one in my house that drinks it!

You can order a french press from Starbucks. It is $4-5 for a 20 oz french press. If we are lucky they will also offer it at the MK location! No "to-go" option obviously. I also make coffee with a french press, it is so much better! My brother roasts his own beans, occasionally he sends me some. Otherwise I use Starbucks Verandah (I like light roasts).

Looking forward to grabbing an iced mocha on an Orlando August morning. Saw the sign posted in another thread and it looks like it was done tastefully, in keeping with the theme of Main St.

disfan07 said:
But this is what I dont understand....WHAT did they take away?

Its still Main Street Bakery. Thats still the name of it and if its like the one in California Adventure it will still look like it belongs on Main Street. They just happen to be selling Starbucks coffee and some starbucks food. But if its like the one in DCA, 2/3 of what is sold will still be Disney products.

Its a Disney shop...selling starbucks coffee. How is that any different than before when it was a Disney shop...selling Nestle Coffee?

This. People are freaking out over nothing. If the BAKERY is still the same. .. why are people freaking out over this? Is it because some people just don't like CHANGE?

IN MY OPINION....Anything is better than that crappy Nescafe. I drink 3 cups of coffee a day...2 in morning and 1 in afternoon...... This is great news for me. Plus...... i can still get my Main Street Bakery Cinnamon Roll while drinking MUCH better coffee :)

rainynight said:

Omg GREAT idea... thanks!! Doing this tonight :)

Dole Whips? Edys? Coke? Brands have existed in WDW way before starbucks

need I say more

I personally can't wait to get a Mocha Light Frappuccino on a hot Disney Morning, I suffer the terrible coffee syndrome when we are at Disney! We will be there on opening day. I am looking forward to it!

:goodvibes

Oh yea, I didn't even think of the attractions

GM Test Track
HISTA - Kodak
The Land Pavilion - Nestle

Let's keep going

No boycott here either... I like the themeing they pulled off in California Adventure & would also like a decent cup of coffee in the morning in the theme park. I am sick to death of not being able to get a latte & having to try and make do with a cruddy mix of cocoa & coffee from the resorts which never tastes good. I only regret it wont be open in a couple days when we are there! :thumbsup2

Doesn't bother me, and the sign is up now and yes, I've seen it, and no, I don't consider it an insult. I think the building looks good with its new paint, actually. I won't be boycotting, but I don't drink coffee so I won't be in there much anyway. And I figure Disney has been welcoming companies into the parks for years and even putting up their logos, so apparently the issue is with this particular company.

make it a Disney themed coffee shop *featuring* Starbucks coffee

Apparently that is what it's going to be...the concept art is still floating around the web. The employees will be Disney cast members, not Starbuck's employees. They did NOT take the Main Street Bakery away. It's still there. It'll just be improved on the inside (I can't bring myself to be sentimental about the old line and payment setup and the small area to sit - it wasn't pretty.)

Ironically the first Starbucks I ever went to was as a kid with my parents at Universal Orlando. Then when I got older, I'd go to Starbucks while they rode the roller coasters (win win!). I may not drink the fattening sugary venti drinks I once loved, but I'd be thrilled to get decent coffee at WDW whenever I'm next there!

I am a complete and total coffee junkie, and my particular favorite is Starbucks. I absolutely cannot WAIT to sit in the hub with my venti two pump caramel non-fat extra hot latte. I imagine it's a lot like heaven will be.

I can't wait for a frappachino! I wonder if the cost will be like I already pay in NYC? I have a feeling I will go twice a day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter