Boycott Starbucks in Magic Kingdom

Mousemommy1 said:
Seriously? :confused3

Let us know how that works out for you. And make sure to steer clear of all of the attractions that are sponsored by a particular brand as well...might be a pretty boring trip.

Disney can't win. People complain to no end about how awful coffee is at Disney (and it is)...so they bring in a popular brand to answer the cries and are beat up over that.

{Sigh}

I, for one, will be walking down Main St :drinking1

This!

I like having the option of Starbucks at DCA, and they created a tremendous amount of seating to enjoy it. I do miss the old bakery that was in an old train car, but can live with the new changes. But, I only go when I'm there on a relaxed day. The line can get quite long. They are opening one up on Mainstreet in DL, so maybe that will take some of the people out of the DCA line, and put it in DL. (Yes, I've stopped for coffee first thing at DCA, then walked across the the way to go to DL) Wanted to earn my star, and get my 15% discount off my coffee.

Well lets see Coke has such control that even the McDonalds does not serve Dr. Pepper:scared1:. We could only be so lucky after years of crappy coffee to enjoy Starbucks everywhere. I am hoping they are open in 2 weeks when we are there.

Well lets see Coke has such control that even the McDonalds does not serve Dr. Pepper:scared1:. We could only be so lucky after years of crappy coffee to enjoy Starbucks everywhere. I am hoping they are open in 2 weeks when we are there.

Official opening date is June 18. But there might be soft openings.

I for one, love Starbucks. I'm super excited about being able to enjoy my skinny caramel latte while at the world :)

I was personally upset because they took the iconic main street bakery away in order to put Starbucks. It could have been any other franchise and I would have still been disappointed because the bakery is part of the Mainstreet experience. I don't care for Starbucks, I don't like coffee and I feel Starbucks is just overpriced overrated coffee anyway.

I was personally upset because they took the iconic main street bakery away in order to put Starbucks. It could have been any other franchise and I would have still been disappointed because the bakery is part of the Mainstreet experience. I don't care for Starbucks, I don't like coffee and I feel Starbucks is just overpriced overrated coffee anyway.

But this is what I dont understand....WHAT did they take away?

Its still Main Street Bakery. Thats still the name of it and if its like the one in California Adventure it will still look like it belongs on Main Street. They just happen to be selling Starbucks coffee and some starbucks food. But if its like the one in DCA, 2/3 of what is sold will still be Disney products.

Its a Disney shop...selling starbucks coffee. How is that any different than before when it was a Disney shop...selling Nestle Coffee?

But this is what I dont understand....WHAT did they take away?

Its still Main Street Bakery. Thats still the name of it and if its like the one in California Adventure it will still look like it belongs on Main Street. They just happen to be selling Starbucks coffee and some starbucks food. But if its like the one in DCA, 2/3 of what is sold will still be Disney products.

Its a Disney shop...selling starbucks coffee. How is that any different than before when it was a Disney shop...selling Nestle Coffee?
Now the coffee will come from an American corporation known for good service and treating its employees with respect, instead of an even larger overseas corporation with a history of ethical controversy. Do people really see that as a bad thing?

I personally am over the moon that Sbux is going to be on main st. Dh and I are always on a quest to find half decent coffee at WDW. I am behind this 110%.

And ditto the others who pointed out that there is no shortage of corporate sponsors at Disney. I am sure that someone in my family will be enjoying a coca cola beverage before we hit up General Motors' Test Track. I may even have some delicious Edy's ice cream if we pop over to the MK for EMH later that night! ;)

This is just another poster who is completely uninformed about how they decided to integrate Starbucks into the parks. And the no corporate sponsors argument is a joke....there are corporate sponsors everywhere.

We have had Starbucks here in DCA for a while now and it's been wonderful. It looks like....well...a Disney shop selling Starbucks coffee! Exactly what the OP wanted. So I really don't get what the problem is.

I know my dad is thrilled with the fact that on our trip in June he will be able to get an Americano every time we are at Magic Kingdom (he wants to go to MK everyday this trip! Lol)

It is going to stay MSB just with serving strabucks instead. The atmosphere will still very much be MSB. We have it here in California Adventure and its a disney shop....that just happens to sell starbucks coffee. The cups are strabucks cups but they are "disneyfied" to fit in with the atmosphere. Its pretty cool.

I have to agree with disfan07. When I was at Disneyland last year for my daughter's Disneyland half marathon run, we went looking for the Starbucks at DCA. We passed by the shop 5 times before my daughter noticed that it was Starbucks.
Based on that experience, I don't think anyone will have to worry that it will look out of place on Main Street at DW.

Now the coffee will come from an American corporation known for good service and treating its employees with respect, instead of an even larger overseas corporation with a history of ethical controversy. Do people really see that as a bad thing?

haha...I have so many comments but all political so I will have to refrain from it. But honestly....I really do not understand how this is such a huge issue for some people. But i think the problem is so many people who are judging it before they even have a chance to see it.

Myself and others who have been to the one in california adventure keep trying to point out that it is a disney bakery, just selling some strabucks products. Its not like they took the corner strabucks and stuck it in a disney park. They put some real thought into it.

It will still be called Main Street Bakery
Yes, it will sell starbucks drinks and SOME starbucks food. But if its like DCA, it will be 1/3 starbucks, 2/3 Disney
It will still fit the theme of Main Street. It will still look like a quaint small town main street bakery...just serving starbucks coffee. Just like the quanit small town ice cream parlor serving Edys. Or the hot dog shop selling coca-cola.

It's one thing to not like Starbucks and not buy it but this whole thing about Disney ruining MSB because it is serving starbucks and boycotting it, etc is ridiculous IMO.

Seriously? :confused3

Let us know how that works out for you. And make sure to steer clear of all of the attractions that are sponsored by a particular brand as well...might be a pretty boring trip.

Disney can't win. People complain to no end about how awful coffee is at Disney (and it is)...so they bring in a popular brand to answer the cries and are beat up over that.

{Sigh}

I, for one, will be walking down Main St :drinking1

Don't forget those bathrooms sponsored by Brawny & Sparkle! Avoiding those should make for an especially adventurous trip! ;)

I am personally happy that Starbucks will be there. My kids will attest that I need my triple shot non-fat vanilla latte to get me through the crowds! Lol! It's not #1 choice for coffee but its better than what is being offered now. Starbucks is a great organization who always helps out the communities where they operate & beyond. Not sure why so many people have a grudge against them...

haha...I have so many comments but all political so I will have to refrain from it. But honestly....I really do not understand how this is such a huge issue for some people. But i think the problem is so many people who are judging it before they even have a chance to see it.

Myself and others who have been to the one in california adventure keep trying to point out that it is a disney bakery, just selling some strabucks products. Its not like they took the corner strabucks and stuck it in a disney park. They put some real thought into it.

It will still be called Main Street Bakery
Yes, it will sell starbucks drinks and SOME starbucks food. But if its like DCA, it will be 1/3 starbucks, 2/3 Disney
It will still fit the theme of Main Street. It will still look like a quaint small town main street bakery...just serving starbucks coffee. Just like the quanit small town ice cream parlor serving Edys. Or the hot dog shop selling coca-cola.

It's one thing to not like Starbucks and not buy it but this whole thing about Disney ruining MSB because it is serving starbucks and boycotting it, etc is ridiculous IMO.
I completely agree with you. I went to the one at DCA recently and got a delicious (non-Starbucks) sandwich there. Besides knowing in advance that the place sold Starbucks products, the only thing Starbucks-like about my experience was hearing the CMs call people's names while I was waiting for some (non-Starbucks) food. And the prices were very much in line with what people would be paying for (lower quality) beverages at other CS locations. The "no sponsor" argument has already been debunked multiple times, and as others have pointed out, it's not going to look like a big green Starbucks.

This seems like a win-win-win for Disney, Starbucks, and park guests. If you don't like Starbucks, you have other options. If you want a cookie sandwich, walk next door to the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. If you want a cinnamon roll, head over to the beautiful New Fantasyland. And now, guests who want a decent coffee or blended beverage can enjoy a well-themed bakery that happens to serve Starbucks (and likely plenty of Disney pastries as well).

:thumbsup2

I do miss the old bakery that was in an old train car...

I do, too, but the train was just impossible. The lines were atrocious and there was nowhere to put the people. The ice cream area had something like 4 2-top tables and that was IT. I loved them, but as a food service place they had to go.

Apparently a HUGE difference for some people :lmao:

Seriously, I just don't understand the Starbuck hate. Also, I wish people would really do a little bit of research before making comments. They're not removing Main Street Bakery, it's THE SAME SHOP but with Starbucks coffee instead of Nestle.

I for one am happy to support Starbucks. This year they were ranked as one if the most ethical companies in the world by the Ethisphere Institute. They have many fair trade options and reportedly pay above-market rates for their coffee to ensure people are paid well for their labour. Plus the coffee is way better than Nescafe. I'm not sure where all the hate for this company stems from.

Where does the hate come from? From rumors and lies spread by people online who forward and share hate propaganda without researching to find out if what they are spreading is true or not. And there will always be people who hate big business (though likely not the same people who vacation at Disney!)

I'm also thrilled to have Starbucks at Disney. I go every year, and I suffer through my morning caffeine fix. Last year, I brought the Starbucks instant coffee packs with me. I got hot water in the CL and made my own coffee. I can't wait to watch the parade with a good cup of coffee in my hand this summer!

Why the Starbucks hate, anyway? Worried about overpriced food and drink in Disney? Spoiler alert: it's too late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter