• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boycott Starbucks in Magic Kingdom

Yeah, they are this big corporation now, but don't forget they started out with just one lil store in Seattle.
I congratulate them on being a lil business with a product that lead them down the road to success.

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a single shot of espresso."

Greenfield1984 said:
We're going to be there in October and one of the things I can't wait for is to have my favorite drink (pumpkin spice latte) in my favorite place on earth (MK)!!

omgosh... me too!! But make mine with soy milk please. :)

Good luck with that. If it makes you feel better, I don't drink coffee at all so there isn't any reason for me to patronize the store since they don't have the pastries i used to get there anymore.

I'm oretty sure that the popular pastries will be there still. Nescafe coffee is blah! I would rather have coffee I like than that crude!

I really think having a chain coffee provider in the park is an insult to the memories of all the faithful Disney park fans. I have nothing against Starbucks coffee but I do take issue with the way they have been welcomed inside the park. I think it would have--should have been stipulated that their products NOT their brand be implemented inside the park. That said I think we should all boycott the new Starbucks located at the Magic Kingdom.

Umm, no.

For many, many years, all I have drank while at Disney is Mocha. 1/2 coffee and 1/2 hot chocolate with lots of cream. It will be nice to finally have a good cup of coffee. ;)

But this is what I dont understand....WHAT did they take away?

Its still Main Street Bakery. Thats still the name of it and if its like the one in California Adventure it will still look like it belongs on Main Street. They just happen to be selling Starbucks coffee and some starbucks food. But if its like the one in DCA, 2/3 of what is sold will still be Disney products.

Its a Disney shop...selling starbucks coffee. How is that any different than before when it was a Disney shop...selling Nestle Coffee?

If this is the case then I really don't mind it. I thought that the location would say "Starbucks" outside instead of the Mainstreet Bakery. That is what a lot of people have been saying and in that case I could understand people feeling like the magic of the parks is being ruined, but if all it is is that they are selling Starbucks coffee inside the Mainstreet Bakery then I really don't see the big deal. Thank you for your input. :thumbsup2

There IS a Starbucks sign outside. It hangs beneath the "awning" area at the entranceway. It is brown, not green. But the name of the shop will continue to be Main Street Bakery.

I for one am so HAPPY they have brought in Starbucks to the parks. Now when my friends and I go on our frequent trips to Disneyland/CA Adventure, we always end up in CA Adventure first to get our morning caramel macchiatos. No more of the crap coffee that use to be served!

There IS a Starbucks sign outside. It hangs beneath the "awning" area at the entranceway. It is brown, not green. But the name of the shop will continue to be Main Street Bakery.

I have not noticed it, will be on the lookout next week.

Main-Street-Bakery_Full_18719.jpg

See, Starbucks is represented - but so is Main Street Bakery.

I thought that the location would say "Starbucks" outside instead of the Mainstreet Bakery. That is what a lot of people have been saying...

Not sure who the "lot of people" were, but it has been pretty widely reported by WDW itself for months that the MSB would retain its turn-of-the-century motif and name with modest Starbucks branding. Here is what Disney announced way back in November:
UPDATE 11/12: Heres some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. It'll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items.

But some people just refuse to believe and instead complain about things that were never planned in the first place. There are none so blind as those who choose not to see.

If this is the case then I really don't mind it. I thought that the location would say "Starbucks" outside instead of the Mainstreet Bakery. That is what a lot of people have been saying and in that case I could understand people feeling like the magic of the parks is being ruined, but if all it is is that they are selling Starbucks coffee inside the Mainstreet Bakery then I really don't see the big deal. Thank you for your input. :thumbsup2

Anyone who has been to the location in DCA or has seen pictures of it, however, says differently. yes there's a starbucks sign. And in the case of DCA they did change the building, but as I mentioned the other day, that had to happen because the old design was terrible for the crowds they could have attracted. But it's truly a Disney-looking place, with simple Starbucks signs (as opposed to COCA COLA all over like at the Coke places in DL and MK) and quite a lot of the Disney food and a lot of the good Starbucks food, and it's all good.

The place in DCA can hold a lot of people AND serve a lot of people, fairly quickly. And it's better than the Nescafe syrupcoffee product that was sold as "coffee" before.

Just got back Monday from a 10 day trip. My DH and I searched and searched for a mocha frappucino without success. As DLR veterans we could always find them in both parks even before the Starbucks opened. Not sure why WDW does not have any place that serves this. I wish it had been opened during our visit. It will be a great addition to MK. We love the Starbucks at California Adventure.

I'm looking forward to Starbucks coffee being served in the park. It'll be nice when I stumble in for those early EMH!

I don't see the big deal, honestly. It's not like they're slapping some big corporate logo at the top of Space Mountain.

I'm looking forward to Starbucks coffee being served in the park. It'll be nice when I stumble in for those early EMH!

I don't see the big deal, honestly. It's not like they're slapping some big corporate logo at the top of Space Mountain.
Actually, when Space Mountain originally opened (and for nearly two decades)... ;)

smrca1.jpg

And then came FedEx. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter