Blue Bayou WooHoo!

Disneyfamfan

Mouseketeer
I am sooooo excited! I just called for a PS at Blue Bayou 60 days from now and I got 11:30am. Now, could someone guide me on how soon before 11:30 we should get there to ensure a waterside table? We have been to Disneyland 8 times previously, but never to Blue Bayou and I am really looking forward to it!

I have 11:45 PS for early September -- I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a waterside table!!

I'm thinking get there 15-20 minutes before??

But who am I -- I've never been to Disneyland before!! Hahaha

:earsboy: :earsgirl:

Disneyfamfan said:
Now, could someone guide me on how soon before 11:30 we should get there to ensure a waterside table?

We had an 11:30am PS for last Saturday. I got there around 11:15am to check in, then we just sat and waited till 11:30am to be called to our table. I think we were the 3rd or 4th party to be seated.

By the way, the hostess didn't want to seat me since only 2 out of 6 of us were there (the other 4 were riding POTC). She said she would seat me only if I ordered for the other 4, which I was willing to do since I didn't want to lose the waterside table. Luckily, the other 4 showed up right after we were seated. :p

We had an 11:30 PS at Blue Bayou last Monday. We checked in at 11:20 and did NOT get a waterside table!

The CM who assisted me with our PS over the phone advised 15-20 minutes, but no guarantees. It always depends on how busy the restaurant is on any given day.

manchurianbrownbear said:
We had an 11:30 PS at Blue Bayou last Monday. We checked in at 11:20 and did NOT get a waterside table!

Wow, that's amazing. I would have thought Saturday would have been a busier day than a Monday?!? :confused3

Yeah, another poster has said recently that all 11:30 p.s. were waterfront tables. I was couting on that.

Good to know! I can't make our BB PS until September 12, but I'll be sure to get an 11:30am, and show up at 11:00 just to be sure! :teeth:

crazymomof 4 said:
Yeah, another poster has said recently that all 11:30 p.s. were waterfront tables. I was couting on that.

Not all 11:30 reseravtions are water side tables! There are only about 10 waterside tables and they take more ressies than that! Also, if you have a party of 5 or more, you won't get a waterside table.

It was me who reported being told that 11:30 ps's are waterside. This is what the CM told me when we checked in for our 11:30 seating. We made our reservations using the vacation planning service that DL resort provides and was told by that CM that if we wanted waterside to book at 11:30 as well.

There are 13 tables available and they make 13 reservations for the 11:30 slot (parties of 4, how many they take of larger groups I have no idea). Whether it's a foolproof guarantee, I don't know. I do know that we were the 13th group called and we were seated at the last available waterside table.

At any rate, I think it's safe to say that if you really want a waterside table, you have the best chance of getting one by booking ps's at 11:30.

We are a party of 3 (me, DH, and DD 12). So, I hope they give us the waterside table. I previously said I would be there at 11:10 but I think 11am will be the time I check in. My DH and DD can go ride POTC while we wait and if we are called I can order for them since we have decided already what we will eat. I am having the Monte Cristo, DH will have the Jambalaya and DD will have the kid's pasta meal. My mouth is watering already. :earboy2:

There are five of us (one in a highchair). Does that mean there is no way to get a waterside table? :sad1:

Parties larger than 5 don't get waterside tables? :( We're going to be a party of 6.. and I'm going to try anyway! There are some thin people in our party. :rotfl:

I think the best chance of getting a waterside table is booking a PS as early as you can for the earliest seating, arriving at the restaurant at least 15 minutes before the PS time, and also requesting a waterside table if one is available.

However, I know that not all 11:30 seatings are waterside because I had an 11:30 seating and was quite far away from the water. My theory based on that experience is that we booked too late and that they might seat people in the order that the PS was made, and my guess is that they also try to accommodate people who actually ask for waterside tables (we didn't ask).

We didn't book our PS until just a couple of days in advance, and while I got the 11:30 seating and arrived 15-20 minutes early, the place was already packed with people waiting. I also noticed that there were numbers on the cards that the hostess was using to seat people and that it wasn't in order of who got there first even though many of us had 11:30 seatings.

All of that being said, while I won't deny that sitting near the water adds to the experience, the atmosphere of the restaurant is truly unique no matter where you sit, and I think the food there is quite good as well. (The prime rib is one of my favorites, as is the calamari appetizer.) I hope all turns out well for you and that you enjoy your experience there!

tlovesdis said:
Not all 11:30 reseravtions are water side tables! There are only about 10 waterside tables and they take more ressies than that! Also, if you have a party of 5 or more, you won't get a waterside table.
We have a party of 6 and when I made our PS'S for 11:30 and asked about getting a waterside table. She said to arrive early. She didn't say our party size excluded us from getting one. :confused3 We are hoping to get one but if we don't I'm sure we'll still have a good seat. :goodvibes

Eeyorecln said:
We have a party of 6 and when I made our PS'S for 11:30 and asked about getting a waterside table. She said to arrive early. She didn't say our party size excluded us from getting one. :confused3 We are hoping to get one but if we don't I'm sure we'll still have a good seat. :goodvibes

Unless they have changed the tables since December, all the waterside tables only accomodate 4 people. I have asked on more than one occasion where we had more than 4 if they could push two tables together to seat our larger party and they said no both times.

If you do get a waterside talbe for your party of 6, please let us know about it!

I could have sworn the last time that we went in 2002 we were seated waterside and we were a party of 6...of course one was a newborn, so I do not know if they counted him or not...
Boy things have changed...we went and signed up that day (I think you had to do it that way back then) and got there at like 11:00 or 11:30 no one was around, the place was emtpy, we were the first ones seated, and it took a bit to fill it up. Maybe it was a slower season, midweek, who knows. I hope it will be possible for us in a few weeks. :goodvibes

When we went in 98 (so it's been awhile!) you signed up the same day for your reservations, too. I actually kind-of preferred that. I don't really like being locked in for lunch plans 2 months in advance!

Is it really a good restaurant for kids?? We weren't going to do it because we are with Grandma and our 4 young children. They do well in restaurants but I don't want to pay a lot when we would have been just as good with a hotdog somewhere. We have a boy with special needs that just dearly LOVES POTC. Will it be a unique experience for him? If so then I will try to get seating before we leave this week. If it is just a fancy restaurant then we don't care. BTW he LOVES eating at Pinnochio's Haus in WDW so we can watch the Small World boats. I wait for a table so that we can sit by the windows!! So what do you all think?? Should we do Blue Bayou or not??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter