Blue Bayou WooHoo!

tlovesdis said:
Also, if you have a party of 5 or more, you won't get a waterside table.

We had a party of 6, and we got a waterside table with no problem. Also got a waterside table last year for 6 with no problem.

WDWhoneymooner said:
Parties larger than 5 don't get waterside tables? :( We're going to be a party of 6.. and I'm going to try anyway! There are some thin people in our party. :rotfl:

Fear not!

I have eaten waterside at the Blue Bayou 3 times with a party of 6. We even had a real chunker in the group ;)

:flower:

oh, and I've never had a PS for 11:30. Most of the time we would just walk over to BLue Bayou when we entered DL and make a ressie for later that day, usually dinner. Their dinner entrees differ a bit from the lunch offerings. You used to be able to get the monte cristo sandwich at both meals, but last time I went, it was lunch only. Hopefully they changed it back. This is my kids' favorite place to eat in all of DL!!

I must have some serious bad luck when it comes to getting a waterside table for more than 4!!! Both times I tried they told me that parties over 5 can't have a waterside table!

I have bad luck all around when it comes to Disney PS's!

Hi There,
My husband and I had a PS for 11:30 on Thursday, July 28th and were in the second row.
The experience was great as was the food (I had the crab cakes...yummy).
My two cents, just based on our experience, is definitely make a PS...there was a crowd of people trying to get same day reservations and I overheard the Cast Members state that there weren't any more for the day.
:earsboy:

We had an 11:30 too, and were over around 11:15. It was also my birthday, which my DH mentioned, and we were the 3rd party seated...by the water!

What section of the ride does the restaurant overlook? Is the restaurant visible when you are on the ride?

WickedWench said:
What section of the ride does the restaurant overlook? Is the restaurant visible when you are on the ride?

The restaurant overlooks the bayou-themed beginning of the ride. You can see boats floating by and fake fireflies off in the distance. From the ride, you can also see the diners. It's very cool. Because the ride is inside, even lunch at the Blue Bayou is like dining outside at night!

debm said:
Is it really a good restaurant for kids?? We weren't going to do it because we are with Grandma and our 4 young children. They do well in restaurants but I don't want to pay a lot when we would have been just as good with a hotdog somewhere. We have a boy with special needs that just dearly LOVES POTC. Will it be a unique experience for him? If so then I will try to get seating before we leave this week. If it is just a fancy restaurant then we don't care. BTW he LOVES eating at Pinnochio's Haus in WDW so we can watch the Small World boats. I wait for a table so that we can sit by the windows!! So what do you all think?? Should we do Blue Bayou or not??
My kids did pretty good- and they are typical toddlers at sit-down resturaunts! One cool thing is the kids menu is printed on the inside of a pirate hat for them to wear (and keep) The kids meals are $6.99 (about the price of a meal elsewhere in the park!) which includes also a drink in a plastic cup which we also took with us. And you might not get every kid their own meal. The portions are HUGE!!!! We ended up taking half of the nuggets and corn with us to feed as a snack later on as we walked around! Have fun!

I called exactly 60 days for our reservations for a group of TWELVE! They said they would have us at 2 tables side by side and that if I wanted a waterside table to show up early and request it. We got dinner PS's with no problem! I was a little worried about the size of our group, but the CM's said it would not be a problem at all, as long as we did not mind sitting at 2 tables.

I went mid-June and got same-day reservations for a group of 9 waterside.. so maybe I should count myself lucky? Our waitress was fantastic, too. Anyway, we did eat relatively late, around 2, so maybe that helped. And I know we didn't request waterside till we went to check in. The rest of the restaurant was still packed.

maberlyne said:
I went mid-June and got same-day reservations for a group of 9 waterside.. so maybe I should count myself lucky? Our waitress was fantastic, too. Anyway, we did eat relatively late, around 2, so maybe that helped. And I know we didn't request waterside till we went to check in. The rest of the restaurant was still packed.

Ok, when I go in October, I am going to print all this info out and show it to the person I check in with!! LOL!!! We have 7 in our party and I want a waterside table!!!!

We ate there at the end of July with 11:30 PS. Upon check in (11:15am)I asked the hostess if we could please be seated by the water. (we had requested it also when making the ressie) I did see some shuffling of cards so I'm not sure what the deal was but we did get a water table. It appeared to me that all the tables near the water were only for groups of 4 as they were square. The tables were all very, very close together. Our waitress was horrible, she did not want to be there. One of mkids asked for some BBQ sauce after she brought the meal and she said "I will, after I get that tables order (2nd row) and take care of something else" She was very snotty. Monte Cristo was very good, kids food was good too. It seemed very rushed to me, like row by row they were trying to hurry, get your order, food came super fast, rush you out etc.. It is also very dark in there.

We just came from the BB, we checked in at 1415 for 1430 reservations, we requested a waterside table when my wife made the ressie's and when we checked in. We were told that was not a problem and have a seat. My 60th birthday, 1st time in country in 8 years, I work as a contracted security team member in Iraq and since I am a Disney fan she thought it would be fun. Wellllllll. we were led to a table in the back corner..I asked about what happened to the waterside table (that was not a problem), I was told that all the tables for a party of 6 were filled and would not be available. (This was after we were seated) Wife decided to make due and raise a ruckus. I spoke with the Lead and she said that there was nothing she could do except speak to the ressie clerk.
Food was mediocre at best, the waterside table could not have made it better, the wait staff were excellent, as was the ambiance...do not ecpect a peaceful meal...many ill behaved children(probably not the childs fault.)

I know disneyer's do not like to here bad things about the happiest place on earth, but sounds like I am not the only one.
The best layed plans, analized to the n'th degree, still can go haywire.

I am sorry you had a bad experience at Blue Bayou. We have reservations in two months and I can't wait, we have been to DL many times but never to BB. I expect kids though, we have them. However, as parents, we have taught our kids how to behave in public. So, again, sorry your experience was not good. :confused3

We ate at the BB last Friday and had a wonderful meal. Food was tasty, our server was very pleasant and the children sat at the next table were very well behaved. We had a PS for 11:30, showed up at 11:20; I asked if it were possible to have waterside, and she said they couldn't promise. I didn't have a problem with that as not everybody can have waterside seating. But we were shown to our table and we had waterside and of course we were very pleased.
Altogether a fun experience.

It is hit or miss there. I've had a waterside table for 5 and I've been offered the table right behind the entrance (we said no thank you and left). The service usually starts out great and then it's hard to find someone to get something later on. But the fun of being there inside the ride, esp. if your table is close to the water is what it's all about. The food has improved over the years too. If you like something, tell the chef and she might give you the recipe.

BTW, every time I have asked for a waterside table when making the ps I've been told I would have to request it upon arrival.

Also - folks, if you want to up your chances, don't have half your party on a ride. They really want to seat you when everyone is there. I have heard them tell people they would have to wait until all are present. The restaurant is fun, it's worth being there and sitting together.

CaliforniaDreamer said:
It is hit or miss there. I've had a waterside table for 5 and I've been offered the table right behind the entrance (we said no thank you and left).

Just had chuckle at this. Thats the table we got on our visit there a couple weeks ago, the best seat inthe house, LOL! Honestly if I hadnt know that the restuaratn is in the POC, I would have had no idea I was there. It just looked like a dark restaurant, with sun beaming in behind me.

But we like the food (DH wasnt thrilled, but I liked his better than he did), the kids loved the view...of the dessert tray,and the pirate hats were fun for them too. I really enjoyed our experience and would go back again, even though we werent waterside. :goodvibes

Cam, you've got a point there. Even a bad table at BB is more fun than a regular restaurant!

Hi... we also made a reservation for 5:20 at the Blue Bayou for Oct. 19th for 5 people... I had asked if it was possible to get a water table during the dinner time for 5... the person on the phone said that they could try, but if there was not a table large enough to accomadate 5, that they could put two tables together... I so told her that I will be celebrating my 50th birthday so hopefully she made "note" of that... do you think it's going to be "harder" to get a table by the water during dinner?... thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter